Bank of America Assistant Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be overwhelming" (in 507 reviews)

• "Lack of communication in upper management" (in 444 reviews)

"Best Organization on the Planet"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Project Manager in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Project Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional Development, Team-Environment, Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Awesome Leaders

Cons

This company is close to perfection.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your people, we love you.

2. "AVP"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong benefit package. Mentor programs and employee networks available.

Cons

Too many layoffs; Mobility is limited. Pay increases are not keeping with cost of living.

Advice to Management

Provide leadership not management.

3. "Great leadership"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In a company of this size, you will always find a few bad eggs in management; it's just a fact of life. However, moving past those what you will find is some of the most amazing leadership to be had anywhere in a large, corporate, financial institution. The pay scale is competitive, the benefits are staggeringly generous, and as you prove yourself, it only gets better.

Cons

It's corporate america. Knowing your role, and driving for excellence WITHIN that role is rewarded. Any efforts outside of that narrow margin are not appreciated or rewarded. That's just the nature of large, corporate behemoths.

4. "Good benefits, can be a great place to work - if you find the right group"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are solid. Flexibility in moving around to find work that interests you and fits with you. Its a big company so lots of room to explore.

Cons

Finding a good team can be tough and once you switch jobs you have to stay in it for a year, which can suck if its not a good fit (although I understand why they do this).

Lots of bureaucracy. Lots of regulation. Very corporate. I've never felt FULLY engaged at work. But I've also grown to accept thats probably not going to be the case for me at this company.

Advice to Management

I've seen a lot of improvement in pushing to make things simpler and easier on the employees. Continue to listen to your people as you've been doing.