Bank of America Reviews in Boise, ID | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2015

Found 3 reviews

Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

The management really care about you and want to develop you.

Cons

Very large, tough to stand out if you don't want to work.

Advice to Management

Try to get ahead of the curve

Bank of America2011-06-28

"Bank of America- Culture challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I worked at Bank of America for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Several opportunities due to the size of the company

Cons

Some very senior leaders have poor leadership skills. In some departments a fear based leadership is favored over a respect based leadership. The culture in technology requires significant improvement. Several strides have been made to correct the issues. However some of the senior leadership who are clearly not leadership material continue to move up in the company. The work on changing the culture can not happen until...

Advice to Management

Coach your senior leadership team on best practice of leading and empowering teams. There is a fear based nepotism based leadership that is impacting the ability to retain high performers.

Bank of America2015-08-04
  3. "Great company to work with!"

Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at Bank of America part-time for more than a year

Pros

I started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

Cons

There were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Advice to Management

Look at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

Bank of America2013-05-15