Bank of America Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Bonuses Training Work life balance" (in 492 reviews)

• "Communication with upper management can be difficult" (in 435 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the pay is decent

Cons

There are some great managers but you can also get those horrible ones.. And is really hard to advance really competitive

2. "In general, a good place to work if you have a decent manager."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Pay is good.

Cons

Some of the managers are in it for themselves.

3. "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work is mostly autonomous and no micro-managing that I saw in the 6 years I was there. Positive work environment and opportunity to grow and learn other areas within your field. Working with mostly “A” players, talented team mates and very professional managers! Great pay and bonus structure. Managers are very fair and give you tools you ask for. If you need time off for personal matters no questions asked and happily give you extended time off to attend to your matters!

Cons

You need to be able to hit the ground running even though online training and thourough introductions are given. If you are not a self directed/ structured kind of person, or can’t figure things out for yourself, you’ll have to do this here and you may not do well. You are paid very fairly for your talent but be prepared to put in the long hours if you’re salaried/exempt.

Advice to Management

It’s great you try and keep employees engaged but try to avoid loading too much work on your top performers that leave them eventually burned out and exhausted. When people leave, don’t wait to assess the loss and question tonrepmace! Replace the FTE instead of putting all the work on the other employees in the group who already have full plates! Most team members are already well beyond your cost effectiveness (1 person doing the work output of 2 to 2.5 people) and skeleton crew status when it comes to human capital.

4. "And they wonder why so many leave?"

Former Employee - Financial Center Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Center Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent - Nice amount of vacation - constantly new.

Cons

Direct managers over the branch level *district or market managers* all manage in fear for their jobs, and they cultivate that atmosphere of fear to the branch employees. It is 100% about "what have you done for me lately" and in my experience was NEVER about seeing positive trends and long term improvement. If an accomplishment was acknowledged at all, it was a brief 10 second bunching together on a conference call, and there was never genuine personalized thanks. If a mistake occurred, we heard about it for weeks, if not months in every email, in huddle material, on conference calls... Very negative reinforcement oriented. The recruiters lure you in with potential bonuses as though they are on top of the base, but after a solid year, I saw they were part of the amount quoted as the base salary. Oh, and salary means "55-65" hours even if you can manage everything within 45-48 hours (which is what they say you'll work tops). True days off during the week other than Sundays are unrealistic. Since we are expected to work every single Saturday of the year (half day), we were told we can have a half day off during the week... This is impossible under the constantly under staffed branch and market conditions that I saw for over 2 years solid. Market management seems to only go around putting out fires, and NEVER have enough staff to float or in an HR pipeline to fill vacancies. And don't recommend promotion of someone you depend on, because they will take them right out of your location to promote them. Not a chance the person you counted on gets to move up "in place" and continue helping your team. They make it so hard to have any consistency, and make it hard to truly know clients, or for clients to know the staff. People want more than ATMs and an app.

Advice to Management

Sit in on some if our country's best places to work for a change, and learn that real customer service comes from long term relationships, no scripting and jargon filled promotions. Oh, and pay more attention to the understaffed issues you have in the customer facing roles. Getting yelled at and jeered by clients doesn't help the employees desire to remain an employee. The revolving door of staff is because management is TONE DEAF. Number One Complaint (for over 2 years): "You need to hire more people. We want to talk to real life people in person."

5. "Machine Operator III"

Former Employee - Machine Operator III in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Machine Operator III in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team, everyone was cool! Pay was great!!! Managers really cared about their employee, we had ice breakers and it was really fun!!!

Cons

Couldn’t get a higher promotion because I was already maxed out, haven’t gotten a raised in couple of years. But it’s all good, worked overtime in other departments that was my pay raise!!! It’s awesome that you’re able to work in a different department if they offer overtime.

Advice to Management

Should bring back cash bonuses!!!

"BOA sux"

Current Employee - Customer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Working there must be awful, there is not a bank with worst service, half the time the whole branch is closed, also the motor bank is often closed and they will have one or two tellers to take care of a line that goes through the door. WTF
    I would never go in a BOA but my work banks there and I have to make daily deposits. BOA is like entering hell. Pros? What a joke.

Cons

Same as above same as above same as above same as abovesame as above same as above same as above

Advice to Management

How about learning some customer service, like properly staffing your branches.

"Cnslt Apps Prg"

Current Employee - Cnsl Applications Prg in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cnsl Applications Prg in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation , Benefits, 401K matching and people around you.

Cons

No learning space, just beating behind the bush, resources are not effectively utilized, frequent layoff's, poor management.

Advice to Management

Hire right people and make sure the resources are correctly utilized, over hiring and firing is not a good approach.

8. "Process Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good vacation packages, competitive environment

Cons

Very large and hard to get noticed, constant organizational changes

9. "Horrible management, great job"

Former Employee - Release Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Release Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home, good benefits package, tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, acceptable corporate culture.

Cons

Middle and upper management aren't concerned with quality of work, process improvement or for that matter anything that has to do with actual work progress. They are heavily metric driven, not highly organized and innovation is stifled due to trickle down management goals and metrics.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to stop worrying about when they will get a poor review or lose their job, be more of an advocate for subordinates.

10. "Operations Team Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Team Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Team Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, advanced technology offered for customers

Cons

Office politics restrict growth opportunity in some departments. Best advancement opportunity is to move out of your existing business area.

Advice to Management

Perform skip level management reviews.

Showing 355 of 19,390 reviews