Bank of America Reviews in Duluth, GA | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The beginning"

Current Employee - Teller in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer you part-time benefits and a retirement plan. They understand and appreciate development, and don't expect you know everything right after you finish training.

Cons

All the training is online, which means a ton of reading. Training is also an extremely long experience. A lot of customers don't really know anything about banking and the laws that have been set up around it, so they get frustrated easily when something was filled out incorrectly by themselves or someone else and they aren't able to complete their transaction.

"One of the worst experiences of my life! Don’t WORK HERE!!!"

Former Employee - Part & Full Time Teller in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Part & Full Time Teller in Duluth, GA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The minimum starting pay for tellers: 15.00 per hour
    It looks good on your resume.
    That’s it.

Cons

-I was completely disrespected and under-appreciated by everyone I used to work with. I was insulted for my intelligence and I MADE A HR REPORT IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!! Less than a month. Absurd.
    - I was a part time teller who had to work sometimes 50 hours a week! Because people kept quitting and leaving my previous financial center.
    -Not enough tellers to go around you will be asked to help out other centers who lack enough team members to get through one day!!!
    - CTRS AND MIS REPORT SYSTEMS ARE OVER 10 years old! Fifth third is no longer doing paper deposits and BOA still is, they have not updated their systems at all. Way to old school to the point customers walk away in line because the systems run too slow.
    -Management is disorganized,inconsiderate and completely phony not to just their employees but everyone they meet within the bank, oops I meant financial center.
    -Sales are all that matter to BOA. That’s it.
    Selfish cruel and bullies is how I would describe my previous “team” even though they weren’t really a team.
    -Customers constantly closing their accounts because monthly fees are made for business and/or groups of people who are fairly wealthy.
    -If a customer got mad it’s your fault and no one else’s sounds fair right? No.
    -Management will NOT SUPPORT YOU. I repeat management will not support will anything. Moving up, moving out, asking for a raise forget it.
    -benefits are mediocre! I had Obamacare while I worked there.
    -MY overall experience was a joke and horrible I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TO WORK FOR BOA!!!! It was a waste of time for me, and many days I left depressed, suicidal, and stressed.
    Just don’t waste your time. Work for someone else.
    Sincerely,
    A previous stressed out teller!

Advice to Management

Hire human beings first instead of robots.
    Secure a better benefits package.
    Update your CTR,MIS, and HR Systems.
    Realize that not all of your customers can afford your monthly fees.
    Listen to your employees when are sick, tired, or reporting verbal abuse and mistreatment and threats from your own MANAGERS!!!!!
    Stop being greedy and star being kind to the people who get up every morning and make BOA WHAT IT IS!!!!
    WAKE UP!

"Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work schedule is good. Co-workers and managers are best I've ever had. Love having a break.

Cons

Break isn't long enough. Dealing with difficult customers can be a challenge. Not enough staff members.

Advice to Management

Hire enough staff members to have additional help at the ready.

"Fraud Claims Anaylst"

Former Employee - ATM/Debit Fraud Analyst & Fraud Claims Initiation Analyst II in Duluth, GA

I worked at Bank of America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and training is very thorough.

Cons

Extremely low pay. WFM monitors your every move. You must be sitting in your chair 92% of the time.

5. "low pay but great people"

Former Employee - Teller in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Teller in Duluth, GA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to work at one of the best branches in metro Atlanta, so my Co workers were well educated, nice, and genuine people. I still talk to most of them today.

Cons

Things have changed since I left. I was told that you can't work your way up like before. Say, from a teller to pb it's much harder than it used to.

Showing 5 of 20,846 reviews