Bank of America Ecommerce Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "eCommerce Manager"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Large organization, projects can be slow moving.

Bank of America2016-02-01
  2. "Good company, requires personal drive and ambition"

Former Employee - ECommerce Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people, fast paced (for banking) forward thinking financial institution that is planning for the future.

Cons

Challenging to get to a senior level and significant pay increases. Constant reorg's.

Bank of America2014-06-19
  3. "great benefits but some favoritism for sure"

Former Employee - Ecommerce in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits, holidays, offices, work from home

Cons

Its a big company. Sometimes that can be a bad thing. Financial services-tough environment these days

Bank of America2013-11-14

"Futility in Ecommerce"

Current Employee - Vice President, Ecommerce Product Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large company. Decent health benefits, 401k and pay. Opportunities for advancement because of its size, flexible work structure for some to work remote.

Cons

The Bank is a large place, the experience in working for my group may be somewhat unique. Commercial Treasury Ecommerce is passive-aggresive and cut-throat. I was expected to be available to support my product 24/7/365 (days, nights, weekends, holidays and vacation days) My manager repeatedly refused to communicate expectations, then wrote me up for not meeting them. Complaints to Personnell were met with tin ears. I was negatively written up in my personnell file for trying to innovate my product line. I was openly berated in front of my business partners. My manager clearly did not want me on her team, instead of telling me to look for something else, she ran my name through the mud so I could not take another position at the Bank. Then she threatened to fire me for not meeting expectations, which were never communicated. Avoid Commercial/Corporate Ecommerce, management is a bowl full of crazy with jellie beans on the side. This was my second stint with the Bank. The bank I worked for previously no longer exists and has been replaced with something dysfunctional.

Bank of America2013-03-07

"A good place to work overall."

ECommerce Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The bank is very flexible with associates and tries to treat all people fairly. They do a good job of communicating changes/issues/successes throughout the bank.

Cons

Obviously, Bank of America is a huge company and with a company this size there is a massive beaurocracy. Additionally, things tend to be very slow with many, many cooks in the kitchen.

Bank of America2010-01-13
  6. "Bank creates opprotunities to last a lifetime as a career."

ECommerce Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The bank is a large organization that deals with several different aspects of the financial industry so your opportunties are large. You can move around within different groups at the bank and feel as if you started working for a new company which is great and refreshing for your career growth.

Cons

The recruiting and job search is less than par. Very very slow process with little communications between recruiting and an associate who is posting.

Bank of America2008-06-12