Bank of America Reviews in Florida | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can trend exceedingly work-heavy (in 413 reviews)

• Communication from upper management to floor not consistent" (in 365 reviews)

1. "Great if you live, love and breath SALES"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits! Best I have ever encountered.

Cons

The amount of sales pressure you get will from sales pressure is almost insufferable

Advice to Management

Focus on people and sales will come.

2. "mgr"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Milton, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Milton, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have no information about this company that I care to share. Nothing bad to say at all. Just no information at all. I've tried to skip this portion of what I'm trying to do but the only way I can download my resume to a certain webpage is this step. Craziest thing I have ever seen. It also requires a certain amount of words typed. I apologize for this non information review.

Cons

Again I am back at the former response. It is the most ridiculous thing ever to make you give a review of a former employer before I can get to the next step. I again apologize for this non informational review strictly because I refuse to say anything good or bad about a previous employer. I hope this is enough words.

Advice to Management

I would not like to share any advice to the management team at Bank of America. Again this is a word minimum before I can get to the next page. I really do not like being forced into giving a review when I have not one word to say good or bad. I just do not want to do a review of any kind with this former employer. Not implying anything at all. I just do not want to say good, great or negative remarks about this previous employer only because I live by not giving reviews of previous employers under any circumstances. Now I find myself in a situation that I am having to fill up a space of empty words in order to not give a review of a former employer and no matter how empty these words may be it still looks live a gave a review. This goes against everything in me. I am completely against marking these stars that is the next thing I am going to have to take in order to get my resume downloaded to a particular page. I apologize again, not sure if anyone that is reading has ever been in this situation? This is not a good spot to be if in fact you feel as I do about posting reviews of previous employers.

3. "Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service & Sales Representative II in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefit package was fair and pay was decent. Site activities we always fun. Those are really the only pros out of working for the company I could think of

Cons

Almost everyone in my department was stuck there!!!!! Management, from Jr. to Sr, was HORRIBLE!!!!! NO ONE was ever on the same page and looked to employees for help. ALOT of policy and procedures were more so to protect the company vs the customer. And finally... GREED!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the greediest company I have EVER come across. I wouldn't even bank here

Advice to Management

Learn your jobs and communicate with each other

5. "teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Miami, FL

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay well for inexperianced individuals. $13.5 an hour.

Cons

too much pressure on sales goals. dont care about customer service. only care about how many credit cars, or products in general you were able to sale

6. "If you're dishonest and love two faced customer service, apply now."

Former Employee - Vault Teller in Micco, FL
    Former Employee - Vault Teller in Micco, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits used to be great, even for part-timers.

Cons

It's not a con if you enjoy being devious and deceitful, and not caring about the people you work for (meaning customers, investors, etc). You also have to be alright with being told to always follow the honest and legally compliant procedure, but then getting yelled at when you do them. Also be aware that if you do the wrong thing, regardless of how confused you were by being told to do the right thing but then getting yelled at when you listened, this company hang you out to dry with no knowledge of wrong doing on their part. They never got me to do the wrong thing, but I watched others crash and burn, and Bank of America deny all knowledge of wrong doing on a corporate level. It was always the grunts fault.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing by your employees and your customers!

"Financial Solutions Advissor"

Former Employee - Financial Solutions Advisor in Lake Worth, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Solutions Advisor in Lake Worth, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you $60k salary and a quarterly bonus plan that averages $4-5k more a quarter if you're in a banking center with good traffic.

Cons

You are NOT a financial advisor. You are a licensed banker performing 95% banking (opening checking, savings, selling credit cards, upset banking customers and solving banking problems). You are required to place everyone into a managed account that hasn't kept up with the S & P 500 Index. It has underperformed every major benchmark over the last 5 years, and you are told to recommend it to every banking client irrespective of suitability. There is crappy training throughout the organization and the existing employees at the branch can make or break a new FSA. It is a sink or swim organization. The absurd policies and procedures that change on a weekly basis are a result of the never ending lawsuits against BAC.

Advice to Management

The only people that make it into management are ass-kissing, brown nosers with no management experience. Just watch some of the videos on YouTube that parity the managers at BAC / ME. At first, you'll think it's a joke, but when you actually work there you'll come to the conclusion that it's reality.

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!"

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager - Vice President in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager - Vice President in Pompano Beach, FL

Pros

Good benefits, VACATION TIME WHICH WAS NEEDED

Cons

The pressure to perform was too extreme. Such a stressful environment, no coaching from Upper Management. TOO MANY CONFRENCE CALLS AND MICROMANAGING!! Upper management was clueless on most branch activities since many of them hadn't worked in a branch for years. Loved working there for many years but HATED it until I finally left. They don't appreciate their associates at all.

Advice to Management

Get A CLUE!!!!! You are losing really talented people by the way you are beating them into the ground.

9. "Consultant"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

Slow pace with no deadlines to worry about. Was able to get most project approved due to the lack of knowledge by team members.

Cons

No leadership and most people are there just because that is the way it has always been done. There is no communication but email blast that is already in the news.

Advice to Management

Get a real CIO that knows what they are doing and get all the just because people out as they are not doing anything to move the company.

10. "IT Program Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay but not enough to stay there

Cons

Horrible leadership, favoritism, longer hours, no training

11. "Claims Analyst"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

overall good company to work for, great benefits and vacation. Reasonable pay. Good senior leadership

Cons

Severely understaffed, adding large expectations yet making it harder to meet incentive, loss of moral in the building, NO career advancements within department. Huge turnover rate, extreme micro management.

Showing 66 of 15,773 reviews