Bank of America Reviews in Florida | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance has to be earned (in 441 reviews)

• Upper management don't listen to those located in other cities (in 395 reviews)

1. "Experience is not valued or compensated for"

Former Employee - Senior Fraud Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Fraud Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Especially if you are having children or already have children needing day care. I've got nothing else.

Cons

A good manager makes a world of difference. A new hire can make the same wage as someone with 15 years experience. Increases are based solely on numbers.

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Don't hire based on bonuses you may receive for hiring certain people.

2. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! 401k, medical, vision, dental, time off paid, tuition reimbursement, child care assistance and discounts on products & services from bank and other companies.

Cons

Worse part is the cut back on employees, short-staffed branches, employees are stressed out, cut back on branch supplies, great customer service is not a priority! The branches do what they can with the resources given & the customers & staff suffer for it.

Advice to Management

Take care for your team members

3. "Great benefits but very poor management n very slow to react"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good work life balance, very flexible and lot of community out reach

Cons

Micro managing executive, health benefits have gotten worst and very costly, very insensitive towards employee issues, very restricted career growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Invest in employee and help them grow their talents

4. "Careful"

Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Tampa Palms, FL
    Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Tampa Palms, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, vacaton, team members

Cons

If you don't get good surveys from customers you will get fired. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Need to be available nor always on a meeting. Need a better support system for employees.

5. "Market Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Consumer Market Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Consumer Market Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Plenty of opportunities under one roof thanks to multiple lines of business.
    - Great benefits including 16 weeks paid paternity leave
    - Leadership development training

Cons

- Upward career mobility has stalled with flattening of the organization.
    - Lost a bit of its meritocracy culture -- it is more and more about who you know to be promoted.
    - Diversity and inclusion is more talk than action. Bank can't get its act together in creating a truly inclusive environment specifically at senior leadership positions level.

Advice to Management

- Empowers your front line employees and manager.
    - Remove red tape and give more autonomy to unit manager to run their unit.

6. "Operations Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid vacation, paid sick leave, you buy up to 5 extra vacation days, benefits start on day one. Start pay 15.00 hr, later shift 16.20 hr.

Cons

Late hours, no lateral advancement, very difficult to advance in this field unless you enjoy browning management. The company is making it difficult for people to get out of this department. If you are fulltime don't get the late shift from 4:30pm to 1:00 pm because you will not be getting your 40 hours. work from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. or earlier if you can so you can get your full 40 hours.

Advice to Management

Management you need to stop picking your favorites and be professional instead of gossiping all day and claiming you are saved and not. Too much gossiping on the floor, too much favoritism on the floor as well. Be fair be equal to everybody. Stop meeting at a particular managers desk just to pick on a particular associates face. Management need to take courses on how to manage human capital effectively and how to treat everyone the same regardless of appearance. I was pick on almost the entire stay at this company, I had to resign against my will due to emotional distress.

7. "An American sweat shop"

Former Employee - Senior Banker in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Banker in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of paid Holidays and great benefits

Cons

Work you to death and even then it is never good enough.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that can lead and teach success, not nasty ego people

"FCOM, Personal Banker/RM, Teller/CSR, RB Beware!!"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Hours, Great benefits, good technology. BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. Some centers open Saturday from 9-1pm, most offices close at 4pm and employees are usually out of the office by 5pm. Bank accounts are free for employees and other bank products are given at a discount. Goals are achievable and incentives are lucrative if you are a good seller.

Cons

If you are not referred by a relative, friend or connection that can help you become a member of a "clique" or an "in-crowd" you won't stand a chance. If you are looking to build a career and work your way up the ladder within a reasonable amount of time, BOA is not the place for you. Don't expect to be promoted if you don't have the right connections, regardless of your experience or having an MBA. During the time I was employed there no one got promoted unless they were "well connected" I saw many people get passed over for less experienced associates with the right connections.
         The minute someone who is a member or a group or "clique" decides they don't like you or thinks you may be competition, forget it you are done for. They call all their friends (who many are Managers) and harass you in order to secure your immediate departure. Senior leadership won't help, it does not matter if you are a good employee, they will not put a stop to the nonsense. Leaders see the bullying happening right under their nose and turn a blind eye, I believe that management in many cases encourages this behavior.
         I was left alone most of the time because I was quiet, but a girl I worked with for a few months was constantly harassed by some of our co-workers. The bullying was so bad that I would always catch her tearing up. I think she was targeted because she was an outsider who had experience and wanted to get ahead, our manager (clique member) did not like her. It felt horrible to see the abuse towards her and see how she was wasting away, I could see that our manager would condone the behaviour towards her and in my opinion encouraged it. I wanted to help her, but was too afraid of my own back and job to do anything about it. I chose to find another job and left instead.

Advice to Management

"The land of nepotism" with a senior leadership team that condones, disregards, overlooks, neglects, ignores and turns a blind eye to workplace bullying and intimidation from all levels. Management does not care about losing good talent and having high turnover. No one get ahead if they are not well connected regardless of education, experience, talent or performance. Bank of America is known by everyone in the industry as political machine.
         BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. BOA would be a great place to work if leadership would address the nepotism, bullying and employee intimidation that takes place all the time amongst all levels. Employees are aware about these issues but are afraid to speak up on behalf of themselves or other associates because of retribution. No one is comfortable enough to call HR because their manager will find out.

"Design Team Lead"

Former Contractor - Design Team Lead (Infrastructure Architect) in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people. Got to work with some interesting technology.

Cons

Schedules very hectic. Employment situation very unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings, not replaceable items

10. "Does not support the Military Veterans"

Former Employee - Wealth Senior Fraud Analyst in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Wealth Senior Fraud Analyst in Riverview, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Cafeteria has a lot of choices.

Cons

The recruiters do not respond appropriately. Bank of America says that they support the Military do not believe the lies.

Advice to Management

When you say that your going to help someone actually follow through and make sure they received the help needed.

Showing 99 of 17,089 reviews