Bank of America Reviews in Florida | Glassdoor

Bank of America Florida Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Florida

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can trend exceedingly work-heavy (in 415 reviews)

• Communication from upper management to floor not consistent" (in 370 reviews)

1. "Information Security Consultant"

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and project teams promote collaboration.

Cons

Some of the policies set forth by the governing bodies are difficult to maintain.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your valued personnel.

2. "Relationship Manager"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment. Motivating peers. Great hours mostly 9-4. Benefits and 401k is good. Good work life balance. Company has good ethics. Very understanding of family and home life.

Cons

Very micro managing . Not a lot of opportunity to move up. Some managers can be nit picky. Sometimes goals can be very challenging.

Advice to Management

When a PB needs help.. help them instead of trying to replace them. Some employees are very loyal and deserve opportunity.

3. "THEY MAKE YOU TRACK POTTY BREAKS ! Operations Control Analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and the offered vacation days are cool. They also give you the option to buy a week and you start off with 3 weeks and 2 weeks of sick time.

Cons

In the AML area expected to be treated like a first grader. We actually have to track our every step and I mean every step . We have trackers that we use and we have to list even when we go to the restroom. These trackers work like stop watches so you hit the start button and the stop button when you return. For the amount of money they pay which is the least when compared to other companies they treat you like children. I have never worked in a department where I had to note when I go to the men's room. As far as progressing career wise forget it . If you aren't in the "in crowd" those opportunities will not be extended to you . They will cross train you on 99 different functions but not pay you what you should be paid for working the 99 functions. This dept is a modern day sweatshop! If you want to get into AML I suggest you try another company where you can at least be paid what everyone in the field is making . When you look at the job postings here they are showing 20k less than competitors. It's ridiculous. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEPT if you value. Ring treated as an adult!

Advice to Management

Treat your associates like adults . Not everyone needs to be micromanaged ...

5. "Operations Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid vacation, paid sick leave, you buy up to 5 extra vacation days, benefits start on day one. Start pay 15.00 hr, later shift 16.20 hr.

Cons

Late hours, no lateral advancement, very difficult to advance in this field unless you enjoy browning management. The company is making it difficult for people to get out of this department. If you are fulltime don't get the late shift from 4:30pm to 1:00 pm because you will not be getting your 40 hours. work from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. or earlier if you can so you can get your full 40 hours.

Advice to Management

Management you need to stop picking your favorites and be professional instead of gossiping all day and claiming you are saved and not. Too much gossiping on the floor, too much favoritism on the floor as well. Be fair be equal to everybody. Stop meeting at a particular managers desk just to pick on a particular associates face. Management need to take courses on how to manage human capital effectively and how to treat everyone the same regardless of appearance. I was pick on almost the entire stay at this company, I had to resign against my will due to emotional distress.

6. "Relationship Banker"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Set Schedule. Great introductory position into the company and learning retail banking. Awesome benefits working for Bank of America

Cons

Trained to do two positions (teller/seller) which can be hectic in busier financial centers. Pay is not enough to support yourself and bonus can be difficult to reach.

7. "Senior Video Teller Agent"

Current Employee - Senior Video Teller Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Video Teller Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is what you make of it. If you take it at face value of just being a "job" then you won't really propel forward, but if you get involved and really care there is nothing but potential. The salary is way above average with differentials on shift and language with occasional opportunities for OT. The teammates around you are great and if you foster relationships with your colleagues, managers, and senior leaders you will enjoy your experience. Benefits package is above what you will get from most other employers.

Cons

Admittedly, there can be some moments where the call volume is high, but that is expected because you are there to take clients and assist them, not to sit around. You will see people you have become friends with either post out or leave, that's the nature of an entry level job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You foster your top talent and you provide support for all your teams.

8. "Over 20 years at Bank of America"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President In Technology in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President In Technology in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, different areas to learn.

Cons

Constant pressure to cut costs even when teams are as lean as possible.

Advice to Management

Don't create complex programs for every issue, listen and resolve simply.

9. "Great"

Current Employee - Investment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Investment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work!

Cons

None. Great place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work!

10. "Cutting staff"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides good benefits like 401k, health and dental insurance, and decent pay

Cons

Sales heavy job. Company is trending to slowly but surely eliminate positions by focusing on mobile, online, and other products and services despite saying they arent. The work is more than the pay is worth.

11. "Client Service Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall Benefits, Insurance, 401k, Environment, Opportunities to grow

Cons

Time management. Having to manage sometimes an overwhelming amount of responsibilities.

Showing 714 of 16,069 reviews