Bank of America Reviews in Florida | Glassdoor

Bank of America Florida Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Florida

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can trend exceedingly work-heavy (in 405 reviews)

• Communication from upper management to floor not consistent" (in 361 reviews)

1. "An American sweat shop"

Former Employee - Senior Banker in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Banker in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of paid Holidays and great benefits

Cons

Work you to death and even then it is never good enough.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that can lead and teach success, not nasty ego people

2. "FCOM, Personal Banker/RM, Teller/CSR, RB Beware!!"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Hours, Great benefits, good technology. BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. Some centers open Saturday from 9-1pm, most offices close at 4pm and employees are usually out of the office by 5pm. Bank accounts are free for employees and other bank products are given at a discount. Goals are achievable and incentives are lucrative if you are a good seller.

Cons

If you are not referred by a relative, friend or connection that can help you become a member of a "clique" or an "in-crowd" you won't stand a chance. If you are looking to build a career and work your way up the ladder within a reasonable amount of time, BOA is not the place for you. Don't expect to be promoted if you don't have the right connections, regardless of your experience or having an MBA. During the time I was employed there no one got promoted unless they were "well connected" I saw many people get passed over for less experienced associates with the right connections.
         The minute someone who is a member or a group or "clique" decides they don't like you or thinks you may be competition, forget it you are done for. They call all their friends (who many are Managers) and harass you in order to secure your immediate departure. Senior leadership won't help, it does not matter if you are a good employee, they will not put a stop to the nonsense. Leaders see the bullying happening right under their nose and turn a blind eye, I believe that management in many cases encourages this behavior.
         I was left alone most of the time because I was quiet, but a girl I worked with for a few months was constantly harassed by some of our co-workers. The bullying was so bad that I would always catch her tearing up. I think she was targeted because she was an outsider who had experience and wanted to get ahead, our manager (clique member) did not like her. It felt horrible to see the abuse towards her and see how she was wasting away, I could see that our manager would condone the behaviour towards her and in my opinion encouraged it. I wanted to help her, but was too afraid of my own back and job to do anything about it. I chose to find another job and left instead.

Advice to Management

"The land of nepotism" with a senior leadership team that condones, disregards, overlooks, neglects, ignores and turns a blind eye to workplace bullying and intimidation from all levels. Management does not care about losing good talent and having high turnover. No one get ahead if they are not well connected regardless of education, experience, talent or performance. Bank of America is known by everyone in the industry as political machine.
         BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. BOA would be a great place to work if leadership would address the nepotism, bullying and employee intimidation that takes place all the time amongst all levels. Employees are aware about these issues but are afraid to speak up on behalf of themselves or other associates because of retribution. No one is comfortable enough to call HR because their manager will find out.

3. "Client Associate - Global Wealth and Investment Management - LATAM- International"

Former Employee - Investment Management Client Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Investment Management Client Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn various business lines, online internal platform resources to perform analysis pertinent to business needs.

Cons

Eventually, because of BOA's purchase of Merrill Lynch, the integration and understanding by BOA of best practices to address International and Latin American market segment was lacking. KYC and due diligence relative to protecting client service, fraud protection, and management of operations environment as expected could have been handled better. CA's as usual in such circumstances must cope with both team & operational changes as best as possible.

5. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training opportunities. Management was friendly.

Cons

Quality assurance was too strict.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible to hours worked and work life balance.

6. "OK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Management need to listen to workers a little more

Cons

Benefits & Vacation Packages are good

7. "Bank of America is overall a very good company to work for."

Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great client focus, a solid product offering, excellent benefits, and has a positive impact on the communities it serves.

Cons

The technology and infrastructure can be complex to navigate and sometimes makes work inefficient, which is not uncommon in large firms.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to reduce complexity across the firm.

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Orlando, FL

Pros

Excellent benefits, Excellent products, Excellent Technology

Cons

Difficult Sr. management, Lack of understandng regading markets.

Advice to Management

Treat the team as you would like to be treated

"Overall Good"

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are very good. Depending on which center you work at the employees can be helpful. The technology available makes most of your work go a lot faster.

Cons

Pressure to make goals. Like most sales jobs.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to make clients and employees feel more appreciated. Make goals more reasonable.

10. "Underwriter"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Casual Atmosphere.Good location. Minimum ten paid holidays off. Underwriters typically receive three weeks of vacation when hired.

Cons

High Stress level. Low and small cubicles to work out of. a lot of sitting required.

Advice to Management

Let underwriters underwrite, not process applications.

11. "BOA"

Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Board was a great place to begin your career. But it's difficult to progress because you are always stuck at your current level for at least 2 ys

Cons

The pay was horrible. Coworkers were great but there was no clear management structure. Other then tht it was a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Hve more of a structure that gives opportunity for people to move around and grow. Also.provide better feed back.in regards to job performance

Showing 694 of 15,537 reviews