Bank of America Reviews in Fort Myers, FL | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes it can be difficult work/life balance (in 477 reviews)

• terrible upper management leads to many people leaving the company (in 413 reviews)

1. "Financial Center Manager II"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very easy to win , goals are extremely reasonable , hours are great , paid holidays / vacation, benefits for the employee and or domestic partner. World class training.

Cons

Being with the company for 10 years seeing the rapid changes. Sometimes it takes a little to get used to and we are asked to run threw fire - understood but at times we are juggeling staffing changes , drive up closures , hour adjustments etc and we face the customers not the company we need more advertising to back us up in these changes because they are smart stretiegic moves and I get it but it's hard to explain to a lobby of 30 people who don't.

Advice to Management

I feel they are doing a great job in these changes I would only ask for the advertising piece to back up our changes so the world can see the way banking is going not just Bank of America.

"High Team Interdependency"

Current Employee - Pres Relationship Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Pres Relationship Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work itself is great. The company has enhanced its health and benefits package. The base pay is comparably fair.

Cons

So many changes it will keep your head on a swivel. Constant updates with operating programs, has not adopted paperless operating systems. Half hour lunches. Bonus payout is highly dependent on your overall's team success. Multiple managers system can make your job expectations or role very unclear.

Advice to Management

Your only as strong as your weakest link. Don't see a weak link and try to get rid of them. Instead manage to their motivations and truly understand their strengths and weakness to coach up not down.

3. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, great networking events

Cons

Upper management will try and hold you back from growth.

Advice to Management

Let you're stellar employees grow within the company. Don't hold them back because you don't want to now have to fill it once they leave. If you keep an employee pinned down, guess what they are going to leave anyway. Most likely to a competitor.

4. "Worked with some great people, but lots of pressure to exceed goals (meeting goals not good enough) flexible employer."

Former Employee - Sales and Services Specialist in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Sales and Services Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible, child care and tuition reimbursement- two great benefits. Paid holidays, sick time & personal time. Paid maternity and paternity leave of absences- 3 months.

Cons

Medical Insurance very expensive. Pushing customers out of the centers. Not customer centric anymore. Only want to keep affluent customers

"Needs to better implement strategic changes."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefit package including Health Insurance, Child Care Reimbursement and Tuition Reimbursement programs.

Cons

Bank of America is trying to take a leading roll into changing the way people bank from a traditional banking environment to a self service technology driven experience. This goal has cause BOA to bite off more than they can chew as they have not executed an effective implementation strategy rather they are trying to railroad their customers into adoption by depleting the banking centers of tellers. This in turn creates a very high tension and adversarial environment between the employees and the clients creating a poor customer service experience for the client and limited sales opportunities for bankers. Everything is a fire drill and mid and upper management has been slow to react in taking a corrective action. If BOA doesn't figure out the direction they want to go they will bleed customers and talent.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your customers and employees more. Implement strategic changes in well thought out and well executed phases. Your lack of vision is causing too much pain at banking center level. Which in turn leads too low production, low morale and ultimately dissatisfied customer and high employee turn over.

"Good place to work, opportunities to advance"

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good work associates, banking hours, opportunities to advance if you look for them and pursue them. Benefits are some the best you will find at any company. Can purchase an additional week of vacation.

Cons

Environment really depends on the manager at each banking center. Most are pretty good but some can be very difficult. Some of the computer programs used are very slow and cumbersome. Most banking centers tend to be understaffed. Overly concerned about sales goals and referrals.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. It seems that you have been listening and making some positive changes.

7. "Had a lot of fun working here, but strict new rules eliminated many..."

Current Employee - Teller in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, lot of fun coworkers, ok benefits, and can move up if management likes you. They do seem like they care about you and are very involved in the community.

Cons

CRAZY strict rules!!! New zero tolerance policy that made so many GOOD employees lose careers. This all started in 2013. I'm not sure if its just our market or all of BofA. I was fired over a customers mistake, but customer blamed me so it was her word over mine.

Advice to Management

Remember we are all HUMAN and make humans errors! Why waste all the money training people and then get rid of them not long after.

8. "Great flexibility"

Current Employee - Professional Teller in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Teller in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, 401k match up to 5% of annual salary, promotion opportunities

Cons

the company's reputation can be difficult to deal with for those that are influenced by the popular media

9. "Excellent Benefits, little pay, stressful work"

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has some of the best benefits out there. Health/Dental/Vision plus childcare reimbursement and rewards for hard work. You want to work your hardest to make yourself know and rewarded. Some banking centers are fun family environments.

Cons

Regional Management puts too much pressure on managers that just causes a ripple effect of a stressful work environment. Too many writeups and product pushing. It's all about money money money for the upper management. Your may work your best and hardest but upper management only goes by paperwork and goal results, they don't actually see you do your best, so they don't really know. Plus the pay their new hire employees more than what an employee who has worked there for 2 years makes. Not fair.

Advice to Management

Give raises and promotions to your loyal hardworking employees who have stuck by the Bank of America way/spirit instead of hiring external employee at a higher pay than what a 2 year experienced employee makes.

10. "Bank of America is a great place to work with the right manager"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

The Hours make it nice

Cons

the constant observations and micro managment.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive and more of a team player

Showing 10 of 18,297 reviews