Bank of America Reviews in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can trend exceedingly work-heavy (in 413 reviews)

• Communication from upper management to floor not consistent" (in 365 reviews)

1. "This was a very good employer for all but the last 2 years of a 9 year employment."

Former Employee - Preferred Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Preferred Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are a good way to entice a worker to stay at the Bank for linger than you want to.

Cons

If you don't pick the right package for the benefits then you have to have an actual Years wait before you can change unless it's a life event.

Advice to Management

Be consistent . The wishy washy way employees are treated is annoying and overrules any benefits offered.

2. "Don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Client Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Client Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

It used to be a great place to work but now the only thing that is good are the benefits.

Cons

High turn over rate, continually add more responsibility to the job without adjusting pay, constantly micromanaged and given contradictory information on policy & procedure.
    Over the past few years it has changed from a fun and energetic place to work, to a place where employees are excited for the people who get fired. The general consensus is that they are trying to get rid of all the long term employees by either firing them or making the working conditions so unbearable that they quit so they can hire new employees at a lower rate. They also don't allow employees to discuss their pay because they don't want people to know they pay women less than men. I had a medical emergency at work and had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. My manager was more concerned about the fact that I didn't have remaining sick time than the fact that I could have died.

Advice to Management

Figure out policy and procedure and stick to it rather than letting each manager make up their own. Start treating your employees like people again. When you stand behind your employees and treat them right, they take care of your customers. You tell your employees not to treat the customers like numbers and then you treat your employees like garbage.

3. "Typical Corporate America"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Decent benefits
    -Career advancement opportunities
    -Local market-focused business and CSR model

Cons

-Too many meetings, trainings, unnecessary tasks, etc.
    -Occasionally muddled goals/objectives
    -Systems and platforms can at times be both old and too numerous

Advice to Management

Continue to engage associates to listen to their concerns and implement changes as appropriate.

5. "Account Specialist"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent environment great tools to get tasks done

Cons

began to downsize so environment got hectic

Advice to Management

none it was alway great managment

6. "Just another corporate job"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good hours. Can't really think about much else that was good there. Some of the people were nice.

Cons

High pressure sales. The customers were never put first it was always the sales. They made us shove credit cards down people's throats.

Advice to Management

Put your employees before your shareholders and make people feel valuable. Customers should be treated as humans and not as dollar signs.

7. "It's ok, it's not that bad!"

Current Employee - Tier1 Deposits in North Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tier1 Deposits in North Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is awesome! I enjoy the people I work with and the environment is pretty laid back and diverse

Cons

The customers are terrible! The calls are nonstop with no breaks! It's a lot of procedures and I feel like you should be able to break when u need it. 30 min breaks are not enough for the nonsense you have to deal with! And they rate u based on the customer survey which is total bs!

Advice to Management

My manager is awesome!

8. "Preferred Relationship Specialist"

Current Employee - Prefereed Relationship Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Prefereed Relationship Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Awesome Benefits and some decent managers

Cons

This position doesnt really look out for the employee. To get your monthly incentive/bonus it goes based on customer surveys from the calls you assist them on. If the customer gives you a bad survey your pretty much screwed from getting your bonus that month.

Advice to Management

I know the customer is the most important thing but at least have your employee back in some situations and not worry about how upper management is going to look at you for it

"Teller/CSR (Client Service Representative)"

Current Employee - Teller/Client Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Teller/Client Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Benefits (hard to beat the benefits for entry level job) health insurance, tuition reimbursement, childcare help, etc
    - Can be flexible with school or other commitments if you are part time. Largly depends on branch manager. Some managers will be very accomodating to you others really couldn't care less about what you have going on outside work.
    - Easy to move up inside the branch if you have at least some ambition
    - People you work with in the branch really dictate if you can tolerate your job. If your co workers suck you are going to want to quit, if they are awesome it makes you at least get through the day. I've been lucky to work with great co workers. I have friends who work at other branches that haven't been so lucky. If you have two or more women working together who don't like each other you're in for some drama. A good branch manager really helps.
    - A lot of tellers at a branch are either part time students, part time moms, or full timers who are content with being tellers. Like I said before if you can balance your drawer, provide decent customer service, have stamina to deal with being overworked, be cool with your manager and co workers, and refer people to the bankers you can get a promotion if you want it.
    - Start at $13.50 an hour, raises are like 20 cents a year. No bonuses.

Cons

- UNDERSTAFFED. BoA is really pushing people to online/mobile/atm banking and has been reducing staff every quarter. I've worked at two separate branches and we lost 3 people in the first one without replacement and 2 in the second without replacement each year. You are regularly processing 250-300+ transactions a day which exhausts you at the end of the day as you have to engage customers for referrals on top of that. You really stop caring about giving good customer service or referring clients by the end of the day because you are too tired from the 100 people you've already helped that day.
    - SALES ORIENTED. Make no mistake - management loves you if you can refer clients to the bankers for sales or will see you as expendable if you can't. Simple truth. Only the top 10-15ish out of 100 CSRs in a market make their quarterly BCR (banker conservation rate goal). If you can be one who meets their goals you are in line for a promotion if you can't you're out of luck.
    - NEPOTISM. Market leaders will look to give out promotions to those they like. They have a lot of influence over how the branch operates but may only visit the branch once every couple months. PRO TIP: Get in good with the market leader if you are looking to advance. Can't stress that enough.

Advice to Management

- There are people that simply DO NOT want to use online banking, mobile banking, or atms. You obviously do not care about these people as they are regulars who come into the bank and do not generate sales. However the abundance of these people OVERWORK your associates insider the bank ESPECIALLY the tellers. Having adequate staffing will ease the stress off your current employees and not make them dread coming to work.
    - Bank of America ATMs SUCK. Chase and Wells Fargo surpass BoA ATMs in technology. BoA ATMs still only give out 20s. We get SO MANY complaints about ATMs not functioning properly. It's hard to migrate people to use the ATMs when they often to not work. Why are there sometimes only 1-2 ATMs in a branch? This causes an overflow of people at the teller line.
    - Educate and open doors for employees to transfer to positions OUTSIDE of retail/consumer banking. It's obvious that branches are becoming a thing of the past so strive to give opportunities to your hard working employees for positions in other divisions.
    - Becoming less sales focused and more customer focused. You talk about "deepening relationships" with clients but all that really means is selling them stuff. People already have a negative image of big banks and the preaching that executives give us every week/month on how to help our clients is laughable.
    - I'm a junior in college with top notch grades and really appreciate the tuition reimbursement I get. I've consistently been one of the top 10 tellers in the market. However I really have no interest in managing a bank. It seems like Merrill Lynch is the only other way to go. Please give guidance to your employees and educate them on all the opportunities that the bank has. This is one of the biggest corporations on the planet I should be seeing endless opportunities within but instead I am looking at what jobs I can get at other companies once I graduate.

10. "Good to bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to meet a lot of people

Cons

Management sucks, pay is too low for job requirements / expectations

11. "Manager"

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training and opportunity for growth

Cons

Political and the then exec over branches was not very eager to see all positive traits in female staff

Showing 65 of 15,840 reviews