Bank of America Merchant Services Merchant Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Merchant Service Representative Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Found 3 reviews

2.4
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan
  1. "Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Merchant Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are your own "boss". If you work hard the payoff is fantastic. Learned about the business world from many aspects.

Cons

My manager lived in another state and I found it difficult to gain increase knowledge. Everything is pretty much a learn as you go experience.

Bank of America Merchant Services2013-10-07

"I was held back by a being place and kept in a bad territory"

Current Employee - Merchant Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

good base salary but that's all you'll make if you are assigned a bad territory in non affluent neighborhoods.

Cons

all based on the territory you are assigned. I was hired put in a known poor territory that was non-productive. Alot of favoritism was played by management. No one in my territory ever succeed and I was not allowed to move to a better market due to management who had his favorites he took care of.

Bank of America Merchant Services2014-04-02

"Biggest Waste of My Time"

Current Employee - Merchant Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lowest Rates in the Area. Can compete with any merchant company in the market.

Cons

No support from management, all delegated to fellow sales execs, forced partnership with retail banking centers, low commisions and no access to clients information.

Bank of America Merchant Services2013-08-28