Bank of America Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Tim Tynan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company is very work- life balance focused, with a very driven Leadership Team" (in 24 reviews)

• "Work from home allowed for some" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business sales consultant"

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Partner with retail branches go source leads. Acess to salesforce for all crm lead management. Good systems. Fast signing. All supplies included

Cons

No access to bank systems and sometimes clients won't know account information to get set up otherwise everything is great

"AVP Client Services Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Client Services Manager in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is very work- life balance focused, with a very driven Leadership Team. The company provides great benefits including paid vacation, maternity leave, volunteer time, 401K matching to name a few. I have worked for the company for 15+ years and the tenure is long with most employees because they find not only a place of work, but also an extended family.

Cons

Location can be a bit of a drive from Spokane to Liberty Lake, but this is a locational challenge for some, not a company related con.

Advice to Management

Continue gathering feedback from associates and take their front line information to drive key process improvements within the business to continue serving our merchants in a great fashion.

"Lack of direction"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. Good bank partnerships. Decent pay.

Cons

The comp plan changes every 6 months. BCs aren't making what they made 3 years ago. The company has lack of direction with the BC position as a whole.

Advice to Management

Be transparent about the future of BAMS and the BC position to your employees

"Small Business Consultant"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Great benefits and fun place to work. Great partnerships and ability to work with others.

Cons

lots of shifts in commission structure, lower salary compared to other companies, management issues and new management changes are of recently.

"Great Starter Job..."

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Good Money, Flexibility, Great work/life balance.

Cons

Unorganized, commission plan continuously changes.

"Professional Division that Turned into a Call Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm. Excellent ongoing training.

Cons

Poor Compensation that puts many at a low income level. Management plays favorites, - If your Manager doesn't favor you, she will assign the worst Branches to you and them blame you for not making your high sales goals. Younger ( 20s and 30s) Spanish Speaking and Caribbean are favored, If you are neither, then you will likely be pushed out by being given branches that don't allow you to achieve your high goals. Almost all of the Sales Managers are young and new to the role, and were former Business Consultants on the right side of politics.

Advice to Management

Treat all people equally regardless of nationality and age. Actually sit with the Business Consultants to help them succeed.

7. "Focus on Goals"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Bank of America Merchant Services, we have strong leaders who support their teams and are committed to results and success. Strong partnerships and a growing culture of teamwork contribute to the strength of the organization.

Cons

The yin and yang of an organization with two parents. It all works out.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a laser focus on goals, commitment to employee satisfaction and clear and open communication.

8. "AVP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

decent benefits, flexibility, volunteer opportunities

Cons

not competitive compared to industry companies, sales goal are extremely high

9. "Never a boring day at Bank of America Merchant Services!"

Pros

Every company has its challenges, but it would be boring it everything was perfect all the time. What brings me to work every day are the amazing people I get to work with and their passion for being the very best. I’m honored to be a part of their success and creating experiences for our clients to make it easy for them to run their business. Working for Bank of America Merchant Services is what you make of it and the sky is the limit if you’re driven, client focused and passionate about people. I'm grateful to be part of an organization that offers a wide variety of benefits, 401k matching program and Employee Assistance Programs. There have been several situations where life happened and I needed some flexibility with work and there were no consequences.

The company recognizes they’re not perfect and strives to be better, that is all we can ask for in this ever changing industry and Corporate America. I would recommend visiting one of our sites and forming your own opinion of what we have to offer.

Cons

Sometimes the workload can be overwhelming and makes it difficult to balance work with life. You must have a plan in order to avoid extremely long days, but also be willing to put in the extra hours when it's needed.

10. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

I've worked at Bank of America Merchant Services for over six year, and it's the best company I've ever worked for! There are talented team members, many career opportunities, and excellent pay and benefits. I'd highly recommend Bank of America Merchant Services to those looking for a company who cares and a place of employment where one can learn, grow, and advance his or her career.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.