Bank of America Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 295 reviews

3.3
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan
  1. "Focus on Goals"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Bank of America Merchant Services, we have strong leaders who support their teams and are committed to results and success. Strong partnerships and a growing culture of teamwork contribute to the strength of the organization.

Cons

The yin and yang of an organization with two parents. It all works out.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a laser focus on goals, commitment to employee satisfaction and clear and open communication.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-07-03

"AVP Client Services Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Client Services Manager in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This company is very work- life balance focused, with a very driven Leadership Team. The company provides great benefits including paid vacation, maternity leave, volunteer time, 401K matching to name a few. I have worked for the company for 15+ years and the tenure is long with most employees because they find not only a place of work, but also an extended family.

Cons

Location can be a bit of a drive from Spokane to Liberty Lake, but this is a locational challenge for some, not a company related con.

Advice to Management

Continue gathering feedback from associates and take their front line information to drive key process improvements within the business to continue serving our merchants in a great fashion.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-05-31
  3. "AVP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

decent benefits, flexibility, volunteer opportunities

Cons

not competitive compared to industry companies, sales goal are extremely high

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-20
  4. "Never a boring day at Bank of America Merchant Services!"

Pros

Every company has its challenges, but it would be boring it everything was perfect all the time. What brings me to work every day are the amazing people I get to work with and their passion for being the very best. I’m honored to be a part of their success and creating experiences for our clients to make it easy for them to run their business. Working for Bank of America Merchant Services is what you make of it and... the sky is the limit if you’re driven, client focused and passionate about people. I'm grateful to be part of an organization that offers a wide variety of benefits, 401k matching program and Employee Assistance Programs. There have been several situations where life happened and I needed some flexibility with work and there were no consequences. The company recognizes they’re not perfect and strives to be better, that is all we can ask for in this ever changing industry and Corporate America. I would recommend visiting one of our sites and forming your own opinion of what we have to offer.

Cons

Sometimes the workload can be overwhelming and makes it difficult to balance work with life. You must have a plan in order to avoid extremely long days, but also be willing to put in the extra hours when it's needed.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-01
  5. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

I've worked at Bank of America Merchant Services for over six year, and it's the best company I've ever worked for! There are talented team members, many career opportunities, and excellent pay and benefits. I'd highly recommend Bank of America Merchant Services to those looking for a company who cares and a place of employment where one can learn, grow, and advance his or her career.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-05-28
  6. "Fast Paced & Rewarding Company To Work For"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible group of passionate and team oriented employees. Feels like family. Opportunities abound for driven and talented people to help influence change and strategic vision. Company that is evolving and focused on positive growth and change.

Cons

Fast paced company, not for those that want to be stagnant.

Advice to Management

Keep making the right investments in people and technology to grow the business

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-05-24
  7. "Investment Specialist"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Allows you to get your series 7 and 66

Cons

The job is robotic and every minute tracked

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-06
  8. "manager"

Pros

Has made improvements with associate development.

Cons

Not all job postings are communicated well with internal associates

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-04

"AVOID - Unprofessional, poor management and begging employees to rate highly"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Business Consultant

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, leads from Branches. That is about it.

Cons

I don't want you to think I am a bitter ex-employee. I am not. However, you need to know the truth about Bank of America Merchant Services. The best way to describe this company is - A VERY small company masquerading as Bank of America. This company is NOT a part of Bank of America, you have limited access to systems. In reality, the company is very small-time and you will see why after a few days on the job.... Poor leadership from direct manager thru Executive team. Poor Salary in today's market, zero guidance, cut throat. Employees never heard. Multiple redundancy exercises each year. Poor communication from Management. Unrealistic expectations. Keep changing the Compensation package. I earned less the longer I worked, as they made changes that cut your commission. The way you gain expenses is redundant and is far too complicated. Management out ALL of the responsibility on your hands, but do not communicate, your direct manager does not really make decisions (VP does), you have no real connection with your colleagues, the systems are old. Just a poor company. If you want average pay, zero chances to promote and no guidance.

Advice to Management

You keep putting Customers first, but you put ZERO effort into listening and helping your employees. I was once told that if you put your Employees first, they will take care of the customers as a result. However, 4 years on and nothing changed except the head count in the company. Listen to your employees, make them feel a part of the team. That way you won't have to beg employees to give you a good rating on... Glassdoor.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-14

"Only pay attention to reviews with "helpful" markers"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Notice the dates on all the 4-5 star reviews. The company was 'asked' to review it publicly in the hopes to increase its Glassdoor rating... 1. Charlotte office has a nice view 2. If you do join, find the hard-working employees. They're good people and know how to maneuver through the red-tape

Cons

1. CEO is merely a figurehead 2. CEO cares more about buzzwords, headlines, and conferences than setting the company on a path to success 3. ... even if he cared about the latter, he wouldn't know where to start (see #1) 4. The company asks to review it publicly 5. Promotions are given mostly for petulance and are rarely based on merit 6. Risk-averse nature leads to a slow, reactive, company and a... 'culture-of-no' 7. Organization's technology partner is only concerned with its own priorities 8. Hire/layoff cycle is biennial... you can Google when it happened last. 9. Variable compensation is nebulous -- if non-sales goals are tied compensation, it's not communicated

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-06-13