Bank of America Merchant Services Vice President Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Vice President Reviews

Updated 30 Jul 2019

Found 37 reviews

3.4
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan

""Employee Centric, Diverse, Dynamic, Challenging Company!""

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked in the merchant acquiring industry for just about all of my 30 years. Bank of America Merchant Services is by far the best of all the organizations I have been involved in. It is nice to be part of a company that values employees, consistently asking for input and presenting me with challenges, all with genuine concern for both their clients and employees. They put their clients needs first without compromising their employees. I am not only proud to work here but enjoy it immensley. As big as Bank of America is, there is still that family feeling with even the most senior associates being accessible. Great place to work.

Cons

Sometime navigating through such a large organization, with 2 large owners, can be a bit challenging.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-03-20
  2. "Great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great work life balance, good salary

Cons

not many opportunities for advancement

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-07-30
  3. "Good people"

Current Employee - Vice President

Pros

Good teammates, flexible schedule

Cons

Information doesn’t always trickle down, minimal salary increases

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-06-22

"Ripe with Opportunity for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Much like a startup, BAMS has gone through some impressive early growth to become the 2nd largest player in the industry, and is now charting the path for their next step. The company is now transforming from a "medium" to "large" company in one of the fastest growing technological spaces, payments. While there are definitely some growing pains(witness the changing of the old guard), this presents huge opportunity for individuals to with the right mindset. Despite the name, this is not a mega corporation where you can come in and coast without repercussions.

Cons

Due to the massive growth, some the processes are either outdated, or non-existent. This can be frustrating, but is changing. Also, as smaller organization, we do not enjoy the comprehensive health and financial benefits that our large partners, First Data and Bank of America do, though they are in line with companies are size.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-21

"Unorganized, comp plan so complicated mangers can’t explain it."

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be a great place with good pay, not anymore

Cons

Low base salary, confusing comp plan, no advancement opportunities.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-08-27
  6. "Focus on Goals"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

Pros

At Bank of America Merchant Services, we have strong leaders who support their teams and are committed to results and success. Strong partnerships and a growing culture of teamwork contribute to the strength of the organization.

Cons

The yin and yang of an organization with two parents. It all works out.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-07-03
  7. "Smart, hard-working colleagues; challenging work; lots of opportunities to make your mark"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Communications in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Bank of America Merchant Services has only been around since 2009, when First Data and Bank of America joined forces and created a separate payments company, so it still feels like a start-up in many respects. You can make your mark easily in the company and initiative and creativity count for a lot. There's strong leadership and there are a ton of smart, experienced payments experts here.

Cons

Because the company is younger than 10 years old, you will find some infrastructure and programs/processes common to older companies missing. That's good because you can often create what you don't see, but it can also be exhausting to have to build some of these things from the ground up.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-03-20

"Good Income Potential"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good earning potential with hard work.

Cons

Must compromise integrity in some instances.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-02-13
  9. "Sweat shop"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

After training, there's very little learning curve. Management is lousy and your success is solely based on performance of remote branches and their sometimes lousy leads.

Bank of America Merchant Services2017-09-21
  10. "This place get worse by the year."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Roles Inn of America, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They supply Tools such as tablets and phones. Pay is ok of you have a good market if not you left to die

Cons

This company needs to get the head put of there butts. The contradict them selves monthly. One minute its this way the next its oh no now we think this is better. When the sales people said complained no one listened. Start asking for the troops out on the field for the opinion because upper management has mo clue nor hasnt even sold before. Stop making us charged double the amount for leases. We charge more than our parent company first data does. This is wrong it is hard to ripped people off on a clover when they can go to costco and get things much cheaper. Those who are top performers in the company get fed deals and get aligned with the best branches and partners. There were many reps no aligned with buss bankers at one point. This went on for many years. Most of those reps are gone cause they didnt make the cut cause of that. Also stop ripping us off with our commissions. You darn know what i mean. The commission dept is shady. Beware!!! Next time i see them ripping me off its strait to legal. If you are looking to work here beware.

Bank of America Merchant Services2017-04-04