Bank of America Merchant Services "comp plan" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews about "comp plan"

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 295 reviews

3.3
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan
Pros
Cons
  • "BAMS listens to feedback and seeks the make fact based decisions from my experience (8 years with BAMS plus 19 with Bank of America before that)(in 13 reviews)

• "Low base salary, confusing comp plan, no advancement opportunities(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "comp plan"

Return to all Reviews

"Lack of direction"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Good bank partnerships. Decent pay.

Cons

The comp plan changes every 6 months. BCs aren't making what they made 3 years ago. The company has lack of direction with the BC position as a whole.

Advice to Management

Be transparent about the future of BAMS and the BC position to your employees

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-08-15

"Unorganized, comp plan so complicated mangers can’t explain it."

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be a great place with good pay, not anymore

Cons

Low base salary, confusing comp plan, no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about changes being made and how this effects compensation. Comp plan is so confusing even when doing well “modifiers” can completely eliminate your monthly commissions.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-08-27
  3. "Business Consultant"

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services

Pros

Flexible schedule, work life balance

Cons

No room for growth, complicated comp plan

Bank of America Merchant Services2016-09-13

"This place is a JOKE"

VP- Business Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services

Pros

There are no Pros associated with this company. Even when you take vacation you are expected to have your lap top and corporate phone with you.

Cons

Do you like working in a convoluted environment where leadership can't tell you how you get paid? Compensation structure is a mystery, unobtainable sales goals, comp plan changes every quarter (9 times since I started here). When I first started here at BAMS I kept thinking to myself that things would get better, just one more comp plan change, one more management change, one more lay off to the support group. I... truly believe that the light at the end of the tunnel is non-existent. Management is disconnected from the real world, you are penalized for compression on your accounts even though they were priced over market value by whomever was responsible before you got duped into this job. Any positive reviews on this site are most likely paid for. My advice to anyone considering a position here is to RUN AWAY

Advice to Management

Hire executives that have experience in the Merchant Industry not just stop over execs from BAML. They have no idea about our markets and how our products work. Stop changing the comp plan to fit your budget restraints. I have never worked for a company that makes it so difficult to retain clients or gain new ones.

Bank of America Merchant Services2016-07-14

"Would not reccomend to my enemy!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President/Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro is that field reps work from home, allowing some type of work/life balance.

Cons

The Comp Plan changes every 6 months. They constantly play with residual compensation. They have a high turnover rate, and do not place value in their employees and customers. Customer Discount Rates are adjusted at will every Spring & Fall causing massive amounts of attrition. Constantly working over 40 hours plus a week.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from your employees in the field. Have more open dialogue with the bank, and demand their support in achieving goals instead of always having them tell you that there is "no communication". MSMs are not always right about what is going on, so you need to hear both sides of the story. Stop telling us that it's "our business" and then play with our residual compensation by telling us to "make money".... You are playing with our lives and our families!

Bank of America Merchant Services2016-04-09

"Assiatant Vice President, Merchant Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom with virtual office. But they do morning and end of day conference calls since they monitor your daily activity on submissions.

Cons

A lot! Poor company culture. They are always threating to fire you for somthing. Although, it is a lot of bark and not too much bite. However, that enviroment doesnt make for a postive work culture. You will just be through in and have to learn it on your own. it is a slimmy industry so be prepared to 'present and explain a deal in whatever way you can" inorder to make it happen. I have ehtics so I was truthful... to the best of my ability but the job can definetly mess with the lines if you let it. They dont pay well on equipment. it is a 3 year residual but you wont get paid on it unless you make your goals in all areas monthly. The comp plan is not explained well so you never really know how you are paid. it took me a long time to figure it out.

Bank of America Merchant Services2015-07-23
  7. "AVP merchant services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great medical benefits and 401k

Cons

I worked there for over 4 years, the 1st year was awesome every year after that it got worse. The comp plan changes every year and never improved. Sales meetings everyday and reporting every day giving the feeling that your not trusted.

Bank of America Merchant Services2015-07-08

"Not a long term gig!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President- Merchant Specialist

Pros

Bank name and leads help, but the territory/branch matters,virtual office and that is it!!!!

Cons

Bad company culture. You cant understand your comp plan on PURPOSE. No real training( 1 week only), just learn as you go. The money is not good, just okay. You can make more money if you work like 12 hours a day. They will threaten to write you up for everything for everything. Churn is very high for your clients(cancel a lot ). Residual not really a good thing. High turn over with employees also

Bank of America Merchant Services2015-06-11
  9. "its okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent money and a decent place to work. sometimes it can be annoying and slow. the commission depends on territories

Cons

this is not a long term job. they change the comp plan all of the time, money is alright if you get a good territory

Advice to Management

better comp plan. needs to be able to work from home. less down time. tech could be better, managers are great

Bank of America Merchant Services2015-05-29
  10. "good benefits, rocky senior mgmt of associates"

Account Executive

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services

Pros

good pay sometimes, good vacation day. Good rewards for top performers

Cons

comp plan does a 180 every year. never know what you are going to get.

Bank of America Merchant Services2015-03-26