Bank of America Merchant Services "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 295 reviews

3.3
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan
Pros
Cons
  • "BAMS listens to feedback and seeks the make fact based decisions from my experience (8 years with BAMS plus 19 with Bank of America before that)(in 13 reviews)

• "Low base salary, confusing comp plan, no advancement opportunities(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work hours and work from home

Cons

Terrible leadership, pressured sales goals

Advice to Management

Please make sure you treat employees equally.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-05-07
  2. "Goals oriented company ready to move forward"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very clear on their vision, goals and strategies going into each year. Goals begin at the company level and trickle down to each department and individual so each has a clear understanding of expectations and what they are striving to attain. Each team is different, but there is great cohesiveness between teams with open communication. Excellent compensation and benefits packages, work flexibility... for some roles (work-from-home in some cases) and a focus on being yourself at work through many diversity initiatives are all a plus. Career growth and advancement is available for those wishing to expand their current role or move to new roles and ready to meet the challenge.

Cons

Hours can be long during peak periods of activity, and timeliness of work output can be hindered by lengthy processes; however, progress is being made. The pros outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great momentum! Continue to build and foster passion from within the whole organization. Provide avenues for employee and client feedback and continue to listen and make changes for improvement based on that feedback.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-01-25

"Overall, I've enjoyed the past year at Bank of America Merchant Services..."

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I am a corporate employee who works out of the Charlotte office. Experiences likely differ based on department and manager, but I'll speak to my own experience having just passed my one year anniversary at Bank of America Merchant Services. Pros include work flexibility (opportunity to work from home), autonomy for those who want/need it, and a leadership team that generally seems committed to doing the right thing.... The essential benefit package is very good and reasonably priced. I work with the best people and have a very good manager. In my opinion, the company does a great job of bringing in solid talent that pulls their weight. There aren't too many employees who just skate by doing the minimum. Again, could differ by team. In a nutshell, the company gets the big things right so I don't have any plans to leave in the immediate future.

Cons

The company has a long way to go to define a company culture, and communicating and demonstrating that culture day to day. Departments feel siloed. This is not your modern millennial-focused company (at least not yet) that gives employees company sweatshirts, fun perks/amenities, or the best technology to work with. At times there is resistance to solutions that are progressive/different from how things have been... done in the past. These aspects can be underwhelming. I would also like to see the ability to roll over a portion or all of unused vacation time.

Advice to Management

Continue to stretch what you think is traditional or the norm and aim to be more progressive/innovative. Take more of an initiative to celebrate your employees, more often. Help build pride in working for the company by giving employees company branded swag (sweatshirts, backpacks, etc). Allow for even more work flexibility (the choice of when and where to work), particularly for corporate employees where this is... possible. This is the expectation of the modern workforce.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-21
  4. "VP Business Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home with flexible schedule.

Cons

Lots of turn over, leadership constantly changing direction, pay no longer competitive.

Advice to Management

Find a direction and respect and value your employees

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-04-13
  5. "Good place if you like layoffs and toxic culture"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services

Pros

Work from home. Good PTO. That’s it. Everything else is below peer organizations. Oh, and if you want severance. That’s it

Cons

Everyone here is very negative. Focus on how things look instead of actual results. Leaders don’t have a clue so they just fire people and change strategies.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-03-06

"Grass is always greener"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Addison, TX

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was able to work from home, made bonus regularly, and managed my portfolio of clients without much micromanaging.

Cons

The position lacked any clear defined roles. Work life balance doesnt exist - there is so much work that you have to work 60 hour weeks or know you just wont get things done if you try to work normal. Management is hit or miss - some are great, most not in terms of being helpful when you go to them with questions or in terms of job development.

Advice to Management

Decide what each job role should actually do, so you can set goals and allow employees to clearly know what they are to do in order to be compensated. I made bonus every quarter while i was there and I still have no idea what metrics those bonuses were paid out on.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-01-12

"Commissions are getting slashed"

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Work from home. Little face to face supervision.

Cons

Constant changes. Goals are constantly reworked to make them nearly impossible to attain

Advice to Management

Be reasonable

Bank of America Merchant Services2017-12-12

"Merchant Services"

Pros

Living wage. Work from home allowed for some.

Cons

Some work from home, but not allowed for everyone. No room for growth. They want you to learn everything, and be the subject matter expert, however, you'll get to stay in your existing role with your knowledge base.

Advice to Management

Offer promotions, not just "Kudos". You'll be less likely to lose your SME's that way.

Bank of America Merchant Services2017-08-02
  9. "AVP - Business Consultant"

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home Base pay, great benefits

Cons

Not a place for the inexperienced or lazy, you need to work, have referrals!!

Bank of America Merchant Services2017-04-08

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, manageable sales goals, great pay, company phone and computer, 401k, cheap insurance, did I mention great pay?

Cons

Takes one month to receive commission. Other than that you still have to deal with the normal ups and downs that comes with a job in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Bank of America Merchant Services2016-06-17