Bank of America Merchant Services "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 295 reviews

3.3
Bank of America Merchant Services CEO Tim Tynan  (no image)
Tim Tynan
Pros
Cons
  • "BAMS listens to feedback and seeks the make fact based decisions from my experience (8 years with BAMS plus 19 with Bank of America before that)(in 13 reviews)

• "Low base salary, confusing comp plan, no advancement opportunities(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Sucks the life out of you"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Inside Small Business Consultant in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a pay check

Cons

No way to control your own success Constant changes that take money out of your pocket No loyaltee to employees Weak management No work life balance Unreasonable goals and expectations

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and dont be afraid to speak up to upper management, put in the effort to help your employees and they will produce more. Stop giving political answers to genuine questions and concerns from your employees. Recognize when something isn't working and take action.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-02-20

"Terrible Company...Lies to Employees"

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule good for work life balance good peer group good product offering to clients

Cons

Unattainable expectations, zero support to hold bank relationship accountable which is vital to success. When you raise your hand for help no real help is provided just pretend steps to cover the manager to appear that they are involved. They lie to their employees on a regular basis on various topics and change the terms/focus on what you are to do and when their direction adversely impacts performance the blame is... placed on the employees even though the directives are theirs. The pay structure changes every year so your pay is always impacted and confusing to understand. In 4 years I submitted dozens of missing commission cases and every single case was denied. They are stealing your money. They lie about their practices to employees and clients and their partnership with Bank of America with conflicting priorities and focuses. You are stuck in the middle between two companies not aligned and asking you to do different things one is customer focused the other is sales focused.

Advice to Management

Hold your managers accountable. Their is a reason that for continued years the national employee feedback surveys are very negative and says employees are not heard and dont have growth options, not an isolated instance this a company culture problem and employees fall victim to poor management and leadership with zero support. Who only show up when they performance management you but provide no support prior to... that.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-25

"Lack of direction"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Good bank partnerships. Decent pay.

Cons

The comp plan changes every 6 months. BCs aren't making what they made 3 years ago. The company has lack of direction with the BC position as a whole.

Advice to Management

Be transparent about the future of BAMS and the BC position to your employees

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-08-15

"Small Business Consultant"

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Great benefits and fun place to work. Great partnerships and ability to work with others.

Cons

lots of shifts in commission structure, lower salary compared to other companies, management issues and new management changes are of recently.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-08-02

"AVP Client Services Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Client Services Manager in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This company is very work- life balance focused, with a very driven Leadership Team. The company provides great benefits including paid vacation, maternity leave, volunteer time, 401K matching to name a few. I have worked for the company for 15+ years and the tenure is long with most employees because they find not only a place of work, but also an extended family.

Cons

Location can be a bit of a drive from Spokane to Liberty Lake, but this is a locational challenge for some, not a company related con.

Advice to Management

Continue gathering feedback from associates and take their front line information to drive key process improvements within the business to continue serving our merchants in a great fashion.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-05-31
  6. "Implementation & Services Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for Bank of America Merchant Services since 2011. Pros: Remote work allows for flexability and a great work/life balance. I have the priviledge to work with and maintain relationships with people at some amazing companies.

Cons

Large portfolio can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Reduce the portfolio sizes to a more manageable level.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-04-13

"VP Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Consultant in Orlando, FL

Pros

Flexible work hours; work-life balance is ok.

Cons

Management, no career path, culture is very negative.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-03-13
  8. "Merchant Services Business Consultant"

Business Consultant in Arlington, VA

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation was good when I was there. I am not sure what it is like now. I also met a lot of great people while working there. I had the opportunity to help alot of merchants..

Cons

Commission structure changed very often and never made sense. Poor management at times. To much micromanagement from leaders that have never done the job. They attempt to use textbook scenarios to close customers, and say it is genuine concern without addressing real concern for the merchant customer. Poor work life balance.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-02-13

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great corporate culture, people are very talented and also kind. Big focus on work/life balance and talent development. Leadership always made sure you had everything you need to do your job successfully. When I was included in the corporate restructuring lay offs, they provided a generous severance package and paid for a career transition service to help me find employment elsewhere. Especially for a "big bank,"... they really go above and beyond to make their employees feel cared for, even after they've left the company.

Cons

This is common for a somewhat new and growing company, but partners were sometimes stretched too thin. Although leadership and teammates would always jump in to help, there was only so much they could do, as everyone had full plates.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-01-25

"Grass is always greener"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Addison, TX

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was able to work from home, made bonus regularly, and managed my portfolio of clients without much micromanaging.

Cons

The position lacked any clear defined roles. Work life balance doesnt exist - there is so much work that you have to work 60 hour weeks or know you just wont get things done if you try to work normal. Management is hit or miss - some are great, most not in terms of being helpful when you go to them with questions or in terms of job development.

Advice to Management

Decide what each job role should actually do, so you can set goals and allow employees to clearly know what they are to do in order to be compensated. I made bonus every quarter while i was there and I still have no idea what metrics those bonuses were paid out on.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-01-12