Bank of America Mortgage Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Bonuses Training Work life balance" (in 493 reviews)

• "Communication with upper management can be difficult" (in 435 reviews)

"Once you are in, it's totally worth it."

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer, Assistant Banking Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is like a giant family. Everybody looks out for each other, and does their best to help when they see someone struggling. In the event you do have trouble in the position, the managers take the time to work with you, and if necessary transition you into a different, more suitable role before considering termination. They do everything they can to keep their people and use their strengths to the company's advantage. Benefits are great, lots of opportunity to be part of the community and local events (i.e. NASCAR, NBA games, NFL games - depending on location)

Cons

It is hard to get in from the outside. Positions that are posted first thing in the morning, usually have dozens of candidates within the hour. If you don't get your application in almost immediately after the position is posted, you may not even get looked it. And prior to getting an interview, there are personality tests you are required to take, and they will base even contacting you on the results of that test - without even meeting you first. There is a lot of movement as well, so don't necessarily expect that the job you were hired to do will be the same in a year or two.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the testing required to interview. I'd prefer you get to know me, to determine that I am a good fit, rather than by how I answer a test question. And sometimes, how I would respond isn't even an multiple choice option. Its not an accurate depiction of my character.