Bank of America Reviews in New Mexico | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Cons

1. "Lots of Opportunity with the right Manager/ leader!"

Current Employee - Financial Center Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Financial Center Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Great place too work! Lots of opportunities for mobility within the company if you have a supportive manager. Awesome benefits! I love working for Bank of America!

Cons

Often short staffed within the banking center.

2. "VTA Associate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loads of silly sock days and the like.

Cons

between 60-100 calls each day.
    You are just a number. Attrition rate well over 70% in VTA department.
    low pay
    everything is geared towards getting off the phones and not having to deal with customers
    treated like crap by customers
    buddy system very prevalent
    loads of lip service
    they don't care about the customer and they don't care about the associates

3. "prefered specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits and time off

Cons

call center work. but still a great company to work for.

5. "Video Teller Agent"

Current Employee - Video Teller Agent in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Video Teller Agent in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Employee Benefits and supportive team environment.

Cons

Compensation not as much as other companies doing similar work.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job, thanks!

6. "Love bankof america"

Current Employee - Financial Center Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Financial Center Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

great benefits and support from management

Cons

Referral infrastructure needs to be better and help customers a little more

Advice to Management

Need MLO locally

7. "Horrible Underwriting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, nice work environment, good relationship with peers.

Cons

$2,000 per month draw no matter where you live in the US. Any unpaid draw rolls into the next month. Not able to meet the draw and at about 5-$6,000 in the red they cut you loose. All your hard work and training goes down the drain. Better be closing loans in a city with high home values. Underwriting at BofA is horrible. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Lots of rule overlays {stricter loan requirements) makes it hard to compete. High turn over in processing and underwriting departments. Horrible reputation in the community. Lowest commission in the industry. If you have experience and licensed, go work for someone other than a bank. Expect to work long hours including open houses on Sundays and one weekend per month doing home loan days at a branch. Not a job for anyone with a family. Hope you are single, live with roommates and no car payment. Not a job for a single wage earner with a family.

Advice to Management

Pay loan officers a living wage base plus commission. If you want to establish long term relationships within the community you must pay your people and keep them.

8. "overall a good resume job but high turnover"

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Torrance, NM
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Torrance, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

sundays and holidays off
    great training
    room to advance
    respectable carrer

Cons

not enough staff
    high sales expectations
    high volume branch and little support
    1 hour breaks 8-6 no overtime

Advice to Management

value the work the tellers do. they make the bank go round

"Loved working for BOFA"

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started as 20HR teller, full-time 30. Vault, then Senior Teller. I left for about a year so I can pursue real estate. I then returned back home (BOFA) and was almost immediately promoted to TOS. I didm;t mind the pay wasn't so I great. I was part of a remarkable team.

Cons

The pay could be more. After Edgar left, the Banking Center went to crap, Audits were 2 while I was on leave. If you get a 2 on an audit, the BCM should be thrown out head first.

Advice to Management

Get it right. We did...
    Left in 09'

10. "Not enough incentives for employees and too much upper management bullying."

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers good health benefits and retirement. The employee discount program is great as well.

Cons

work-life balance isn't great and neither is upper management. There isn't much room for personal growth, especially starting off as a teller. There are limited raises in pay. You are lucky to get a raise once every five years. The management was horrible, because there was a lot of bullying, put downs and power trips. Some managers didn't practice what they preached.

Advice to Management

The employees should be respected and appreciated more. The tellers work really hard to get sales and referrals and often don't get credit for them. The credit and the bonuses go to the personal bankers who don't even do half the selling the tellers do. Tellers need more incentives, they need to be appreciated and the managers need to stop bullying and start practicing what they preach. This is why the turnover rate is high. People don't want to work for a company with issues like these. People want to work for companies that really treat their employees well and fair. These are the types of companies people will fight for. Thats why they are the most successful. Unfortunately Bank of America needs to prioritize better.

11. "Very stressful Customer Service Position"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, excellent benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, the training is excellent and very detailed, along with a good transitional period from training to the floor with highly skilled and knowledgeable upper-level associates, nice people to work with, you will live for that really pleasant customer interaction where they will love and praise you to balance out the not-so-great ones. The management team really tries to show their appreciation and praise you when you are doing a great job with the customers.

Cons

Some of the challenges I faced were: none of the schedules were ideal, this is not a 9-to-5 job. You are either scheduled early morning or late in the evening, and it is nearly impossible to change once you are locked in. While I was there, they did a shift bid and I ended up with a worse schedule than I had before, and no hope of appeal even though several of us complained. Not being sour grapes, just stating the reality of things. It is a highly stressful job and you are expected to be a robot and do everything perfectly every time following each step or you will get written up. A lot of information to keep in your head and process while trying to remain engaged and friendly with the customer.

Advice to Management

Be an advocate for your associates, and not just your subordinate managers. I don't know how many times I felt powerless because upper management would side with my manager and not me. Once, while meeting with my manager and his manager over a call review, my manager was rude and downright flippant to me, and the unit manager just allowed it to happen like this was the normal way to talk to employees. Trust that your employees are smart enough to do their jobs and are capable of performing without 5,000 rules to follow and being treated like children, called into the office and written up for every minor infraction. Also, keep some consistency in which rules will incur harsher penalties if not abided by. I also felt like I was put at a disadvantage when I started because I changed managers every three months. More consistency across the board would allow your employees to have more faith in the organization.

Showing 15 of 16,095 reviews