Bank of America Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice place"

Current Employee - Banker in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Banker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

great culture and great employees

Cons

long hours and really hard work

2. "Just a 9-4 job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banking hours. A lot of holidays, when the stock exchange is closed, the bank is closed. Good for students who wants to work part time in doors.

Cons

A sales job. Would have to con people to open accounts. Had ridiculous goals with no commissions for Tellers. A lot of politics and cliques.

Advice to Management

Give commissions to the Tellers.

3. "High goals, Less Staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, average pay, fantastic technology

Cons

Very High Goals, Very Low Staffing

Advice to Management

Focus more on customers and less on expense reduction and revenue. The revenue will come when the customers are taken care of.

4. "Financial Solutions Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Solutions Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Solutions Advisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional and personal development in finance and banking.

Cons

-For a company of its size, it is horribly disorganized.
    -Management does not take ownership of problems. It is a finger pointing environment or an ignore the problems mentality.
    -Goals are unrealistic and causes significant frustration for field teams.

Advice to Management

-Take time to listen to the client facing associates feedback from customers.
    -Provide admin support to the field associates.
    -Overall, improve compensation plan to reward the associates that are making a difference in the FC not just basing incentive on the sales goals.

5. "Great company with good training and excellent benefits."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work at many different locations and positions and the incentive plan allowed for increased earnings.

Cons

Cultural change in getting customers to use self service channels (online, mobile, ATM) meant less walk-in traffic and more appointment setting.

Advice to Management

Encouragement, positive feedback and support will help associates assimilate the new business model.

6. "Bitter sweet"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bank of America truly takes care of their associates if you work hard and provide quality work. Benefits offered are fantastic.

Cons

The customers absolutely have no care in the world for you as a human being. The customers are extremely rude and vulgar.

Advice to Management

Customers want more tellers. I know it's a digital age; however, some customers will refuse to make the switch and drag the customer experience down.

7. "Great if you live, love and breath SALES"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits! Best I have ever encountered.

Cons

The amount of sales pressure you get will from sales pressure is almost insufferable

Advice to Management

Focus on people and sales will come.

"FCOM, Personal Banker/RM, Teller/CSR, RB Beware!!"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Hours, Great benefits, good technology. BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. Some centers open Saturday from 9-1pm, most offices close at 4pm and employees are usually out of the office by 5pm. Bank accounts are free for employees and other bank products are given at a discount. Goals are achievable and incentives are lucrative if you are a good seller.

Cons

If you are not referred by a relative, friend or connection that can help you become a member of a "clique" or an "in-crowd" you won't stand a chance. If you are looking to build a career and work your way up the ladder within a reasonable amount of time, BOA is not the place for you. Don't expect to be promoted if you don't have the right connections, regardless of your experience or having an MBA. During the time I was employed there no one got promoted unless they were "well connected" I saw many people get passed over for less experienced associates with the right connections.
         The minute someone who is a member or a group or "clique" decides they don't like you or thinks you may be competition, forget it you are done for. They call all their friends (who many are Managers) and harass you in order to secure your immediate departure. Senior leadership won't help, it does not matter if you are a good employee, they will not put a stop to the nonsense. Leaders see the bullying happening right under their nose and turn a blind eye, I believe that management in many cases encourages this behavior.
         I was left alone most of the time because I was quiet, but a girl I worked with for a few months was constantly harassed by some of our co-workers. The bullying was so bad that I would always catch her tearing up. I think she was targeted because she was an outsider who had experience and wanted to get ahead, our manager (clique member) did not like her. It felt horrible to see the abuse towards her and see how she was wasting away, I could see that our manager would condone the behaviour towards her and in my opinion encouraged it. I wanted to help her, but was too afraid of my own back and job to do anything about it. I chose to find another job and left instead.

Advice to Management

"The land of nepotism" with a senior leadership team that condones, disregards, overlooks, neglects, ignores and turns a blind eye to workplace bullying and intimidation from all levels. Management does not care about losing good talent and having high turnover. No one get ahead if they are not well connected regardless of education, experience, talent or performance. Bank of America is known by everyone in the industry as political machine.
         BOA has great benefits and amazing hours, while I worked there I had a great work life balance. BOA would be a great place to work if leadership would address the nepotism, bullying and employee intimidation that takes place all the time amongst all levels. Employees are aware about these issues but are afraid to speak up on behalf of themselves or other associates because of retribution. No one is comfortable enough to call HR because their manager will find out.

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Orlando, FL

Pros

Excellent benefits, Excellent products, Excellent Technology

Cons

Difficult Sr. management, Lack of understandng regading markets.

Advice to Management

Treat the team as you would like to be treated

"Overall Good"

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are very good. Depending on which center you work at the employees can be helpful. The technology available makes most of your work go a lot faster.

Cons

Pressure to make goals. Like most sales jobs.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to make clients and employees feel more appreciated. Make goals more reasonable.

Showing 48 of 17,642 reviews