Bank of America Reviews in Pensacola, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

1.9
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "Great benefits, if you need them."

Current Employee - Teller in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

Health, Vision, Dental. Childcare- including emergency childcare, if you sign up. Decent competetive wages. Management very helpful if you want to move up within the company, including tuition reimbursement if you qualify.

Cons

Competetive, which can be hard if you can't handle it. More sales oriented than customer service oriented at times, though that varies by center and manager.

Bank of America2013-02-27
  2. "csr"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

good company to work for, lots of benefits for the younger employees

Cons

very sales driven/stressful environment company is more worried about sales than if customers are happy

Bank of America2017-10-06
  3. "mgr"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Milton, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have no information about this company that I care to share. Nothing bad to say at all. Just no information at all. I've tried to skip this portion of what I'm trying to do but the only way I can download my resume to a certain webpage is this step. Craziest thing I have ever seen. It also requires a certain amount of words typed. I apologize for this non information review.

Cons

Again I am back at the former response. It is the most ridiculous thing ever to make you give a review of a former employer before I can get to the next step. I again apologize for this non informational review strictly because I refuse to say anything good or bad about a previous employer. I hope this is enough words.

Advice to Management

I would not like to share any advice to the management team at Bank of America. Again this is a word minimum before I can get to the next page. I really do not like being forced into giving a review when I have not one word to say good or bad. I just do not want to do a review of any kind with this former employer. Not implying anything at all. I just do not want to say good, great or negative remarks about this previous employer only because I live by not giving reviews of previous employers under any circumstances. Now I find myself in a situation that I am having to fill up a space of empty words in order to not give a review of a former employer and no matter how empty these words may be it still looks live a gave a review. This goes against everything in me. I am completely against marking these stars that is the next thing I am going to have to take in order to get my resume downloaded to a particular page. I apologize again, not sure if anyone that is reading has ever been in this situation? This is not a good spot to be if in fact you feel as I do about posting reviews of previous employers.

Bank of America2016-12-20
  4. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, good vacation pay, can buy extra vacation hours

Cons

No communications between tellers and management team.

Bank of America2015-07-20
  5. "teller"

in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

holidays and vacation time health benefits

Cons

micromanagement high seller style of company

Advice to Management

calm down

Bank of America2015-06-11
  6. "Not sure what to make out of my work experience at B of A."

Former Employee - Teller in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I worked at Bank of America part-time for more than a year

Pros

Recognized Company Solid Training Diverse Teams Financially Solid (not likely to be bought by another bank) Nice team members

Cons

Incompetent middle management Extremely rude clients Distant upper management Lean on benefits (and more going away as time goes by) Money driven, not people driven.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and remember, you're working with human beings and do not blame your superiors for your lack of intelligence when making sound decisions that affect the entire team.

Bank of America2013-05-06
  7. "Quality employment for someone looking"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like my job but I also understand it is a sales based job. Some think it is not but the bank is a business and the bank needs to make money like any other business. It is very numbers driven which is fine if you get that. Good opportunity for advancement and quality people within the bank are all the pros. Switch to quarterly bonuses is even better then semesters that we had for some time.

Cons

The compensation doesn't feel adequate compared to the hours spent. The ladder to move while it may be quick can sometimes be counter productive in the pay scale but opportunities are plenty and you can move quickly through the ranks. It is somewhat about who you know and how they can help advance you at times.

Advice to Management

I would tell management to improve the pay scale. While the compensation is adequate I would say with the hours put in and the amount of work you have to put into an eight hour day it needs to be more and for outstanding performances there needs to be more recognition.

Bank of America2012-09-22