Bank of America Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

1. "MLO"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant flow of calls coming so no need to chase leads. Team mates are very willing to help each other out. Good benefits

Cons

Terrible training, Underwriting is a nightmare, unsatisfied clients day after day, no development from management to help you get better at the job, confusing and frustrating guidelines and policies, outdated technology, continual redundancies with every single application that is used by the company. Company priority is client delight but they don't address the problems to help me delight customers.

Advice to Management

Better training and easier to use systems will definitely help me make customers happier and help repair Bank of America's tarnished reputation.

2. "If you decide to go with BOA GO DIRECT HIRE"

Current Employee - Claims Initiation Fraud Analytics in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Claims Initiation Fraud Analytics in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits good vibe overall but only if direct hire

Cons

Going through as temp to hire

Advice to Management

Have a more hands in approach just because you use a temp agency doesn't mean you can't still engage with associate was you normally would in other positions I've had with temn agencies and employer have been way better experience's

3. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none , it is like a prison

Cons

Every day your job is threatened. Yet management was doing those same things and still employed there, yet associates were fired.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your double standard

"You will work for it."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good training. Large footprint so you can move with the job if you want. We are serious about growth while being ethical about it.

Cons

Never enough staff. Expectations are set as if you have all the time in the world. One person calling in sick can kill all your plans for the day.

Advice to Management

Listen to the customers. The chief complaint is not enough staff, we enter the complaints as requested, but nothing is done about it.

6. "No Exit Interview?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

13 years of experience with the Bank - decent benefit package - good partners to deal with.

Cons

Unbelievable dysfunction in leadership - business needs change, but a change in leadership would bring massive changes and even layoffs, only to find out a year or two later that those positions eliminated needed to be put back in place. And too many times the changes instituted ended up hurting the business.

Advice to Management

Make sure you conduct exit interviews with long-tenured employees. I resigned after 13 years - went to a site to hand in my laptop and an admin simply met me outside, collected my laptop and said thank you. No contact from HR, or anyone else to collect details on my decision to resign after 13 years.

7. "Sr. Fraud Claims Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Fraud Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Fraud Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok health insurance. The co-workers are very supportive and friendly.
    Lastly, I recently injured my spine and I am in physical therapy. I requested to have my permanent schedule accommodated so I can go to therapy after work. Mind you, all I said was I need to keep my training schedule so by the time I get off I can make it there in time. I was told by my manager that they dont do that! I'm not inconveniencing the company at all, its just me that is requesting the shift change. This is a person health and wellness and they do not care! I'm sorry but my health comes first no matter what. God will provide.

Cons

Their will be no one from HR going over benefits and 401k during training or after. You are on your own with figuring that out.
    My training for Sr. Claims Fraud Analyst was three days because HR took forever to clear my background check and upper management wouldnt allow them to train me the allotted time as everyone else. Then my first 2 pay checks where lost in the mail I had to wait 3 weeks before I got both checks in my checking account. They wouldnt even just cut me a check while I was in the office! Im a full grown adult with rent and bills and life needs! we have to use like 8 different programs just to file a claim for every phone call. the kpi's are not fair, they punishing us for a customer feedback from a call that was never our call because we are the last person to deal with the customer. Thats not fair or ethical.

Their are no advancements only to being a manager. Thats not enough to aspire towards.

Advice to Management

Provide adequate training for Band 6 positions. we have to use like 8 different programs just to file a claim for every phone call that needs to be simplified. Make the kpi's fair for all by not punishing your employers for a customer feedback from a call that was never our call. Thats not fair or ethical. Care about your employees health!

8. "Good job and flexibility"

Former Employee - Technology Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technology Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, good co-workers, opportunities for growth

Cons

constant change at management, every year there are layoffs, expect more and more from employees and no additional compensation.

9. "Work hard and get where you want to go!"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are awesome. Good pay. Bonuses monthly for meeting matrix levels. Management is usually very helpful and supportive (there are always a couple bad eggs anywhere you go). If you put in time and true effort/dedication, you can advance quickly.

Cons

Communication between lines of business is poor. Causing structural confusion. Call volumes tend to be outrageous. Vendor/contract employees are hired on to try to help, but their lack of knowledge and constant mistakes only make the job harder on the rest of us.

Advice to Management

Improve communication between lines of business to improve the client experience and make the job less difficult on employees.

10. "Lead Operations Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits and vacation time are fantastic.

Cons

Its hard to get promoted.

11. "awesome"

Current Employee - Lead Operations in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Operations in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America (More than 5 years)

Pros

leaders not boss, benefits, Multiple chances

Cons

you have to work some weekends

Advice to Management

none

Showing 377 of 16,074 reviews