Bank of America Product and Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

3.8
Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "Marketing Product Manager at Bank of America"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

It is a big organization with a lot of different areas of opportunities to explore within Marketing - from search to mobile, from online to offline, from traditional marketing to event, sports, sponsorship and social, etc. The marketing organization is open to MyWork (Work from home) program that reimburses some of the expenses to create a comfortable work environment at home. I was able to take advantage of this program...

Cons

It is a big organization so everything is more specialized and you will have to network and move around if you'd like to become a generalist. However, if your interest is to become a subject-matter expert in an area, here is a great place for you as its customer base and resources give you a lot of opportunities to sharpen your skills and prove out business cases.

Advice to Management

Work/Life balance is great. However, you need to know people in order to be promoted or to be considered for new opportunities. Compensation is decent but may be on the lower end as its HQ is located in Charlotte, NC where cost of living is a lot lower than many other big cities.

Bank of America2014-05-17
  2. "Culture is very dog eat dog. People are so afraid to make a mistake that nobody takes healthy risks."

Former Employee - Marketing Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Being a very large company provides Opportunities for advancement and the ability to learn lots of new skills and about different areas of the company.

Cons

The company is shrinking and so there are fewer open positions. Downsizing leads to people fearing layoffs and the overall culture shifts to a negative environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to associates and create a safe environment to express opinions

Bank of America2017-03-06
  3. "Remote office is a huge perk"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

BofA's MyWork program allows for certain employees to telecommute. They will pay a set amount for a desk/printer for your home office. This was a huge benefit to me while I was there and saved me more 3 hours of round-trip commuting.

Cons

It's a large company, and it takes some skill to navigate it.

Advice to Management

Keep the MyWork program - it's a huge selling point to job candidates and those who live in the suburbs of busy cities with a long commute.

Bank of America2014-05-04
  4. "Good company. Good growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Good structure and team environment.

Cons

None. Good time working with company.

Bank of America2013-04-14
    • "Great opportunity but lots of org changes"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Driven to be #1. Good work life balance even with some long days. Results driven but can be slowed down with enterprise changes, etc. Large FI with good exposure and roles for those who self manage their careers.

Cons

Leadership changes, long delivery cycles, changes in strategy, some politics but to be expected

Bank of America2012-08-30
    • "Former AVP/Product Marketing Manager I in Insurance Services"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits, great volunteer program, overall a wonderful company to work for. I wish I still worked there!

Cons

The company failed to effectively integrate into the Bank of America culture those companies it acquired through various buyouts. The division in which I worked bore very little resemblance to what I I was introduced to during my orientation. In fact, I found myself working with people from two different company cultures, neither of which had the sense of balance or enthusiasm that Bank of America demonstrates in its...

Advice to Management

When acquiring companies, make it clear that they are part of Bank of America and need to adapt to BofA's culture, which stresses more balance and rewards.

Bank of America2012-07-30

"BAC stock dive for a reason"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Ok salary and benefits. Immediate manager balances life/work but this may vary.

Cons

Large corporation with much politics. Recent news indicates many Execs not being truthful with the employees and public about merger with Merrill Lynch. Ecommerce area is so behind the times. Grows by acquisition and not much organically. Need to hire folks who understand software development, requirements, user needs. Much self promotion and opinion with lack of data. Amazing how some got to where they are (which proves...

Advice to Management

Fire them all and start again

Bank of America2009-03-10
    • "Can make or break a career"

Current Employee - Marketing Product Manager II in

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

If you can keep up with the pace of change and make it work to your advantage then it can create your career. However, if you can't, or don't get along well with key leaders it can break your career.

Cons

Too many reorgs and the lack of stability that it creates doesn't provide the opportunity to grow, advance or thrive.

Advice to Management

Find the organizational structure of choice and stick with it for more than one year. We seem to keep repeating the same initiatives without key leaders even knowing it due to the fact that we have lost all history.

Bank of America2012-05-13

"Not bad if you just need a job"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

flexibility in work location and hours. good benefits and time off.

Cons

decentralized, no communication between teams, things happen very slow, lots of fake work created. highly bureaucratic, indecisive senior management, junior associates do all the work, decisions are bottoms-up (instead of top down) seeking higher ups sign off who have no clue. it's a joke, but good name for the ole resume

Advice to Management

really?

Bank of America2011-01-31