Bank of America Reviews in Renton, WA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can trend exceedingly work-heavy (in 405 reviews)

• Communication from upper management to floor not consistent" (in 361 reviews)

1. "Retail Banking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I worked at Bank of America (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was pretty nice. There are a lot of different avenues you can take as far as moving up the ladder. Bank of America has many lines of business and likes to promote from within.

Cons

Employee goals are well defined, but sometimes very hard to obtain. They try to employ a very young retail staff which makes it a sometimes moody environment to work in.

2. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Renton, WA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay for a CSR (formerly "Teller") is decent. If you like talking to people or working in sales, this could be a job for you. You get to meet all kinds of different people and, aside from trying to sell them something, you really get to learn who they are and try to HELP them.

Cons

I'm an OTE (overtime eligible employee), but we are not allowed to go over our hours since we are technically "fully staffed". They want us out by 6:30 but still want us (CSR's) to complete all kinds of closing tasks before we leave knowing we are one of the busiest centers in our area. On top of that, they're now cutting CSRs hours and how many we have at one time. So now, majority of the tasks fall on one person at the end of the night. But still have to be out by 6:30.

Advice to Management

Take care of your CSRs. We're the frontline for the Financial Centers.

3. "Decent pay, very poor management culture"

Former Employee - Home Services Specialist in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Home Services Specialist in Renton, WA

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits and vacation package were decent in relation to the position. Overtime was involved frequently to meet production deadlines due to lack of efficient staffing, which affected work-life balance but benefited paychecks for non-salary employees.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement were difficult in terms of navigation, acquiring an interview and attaining needed exposure, considering the size and bureaucratic layers of the company. I left to pursue more interesting work at a smaller outfit because of these reasons, among others. Additionally, the management culture was too large (and at times frankly inept), and had major communication issues as well as frequent turnover problems within its ranks, creating a very chaotic work environment for those below them.

Advice to Management

Find ways to streamline communication more effectively within your managerial ranks and commit to a uniform workflow process, rather than changing the process every month and creating massive turnover as a result.

5. "Perfect job for students."

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Renton, WA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

~5500 annual tuition reimbursement, benefits at 20+ hours, never work nights or sunday

Cons

can be stressful at times

"Such a great work enviroment and awesome college job!"

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Renton, WA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits even if you only work part time!
    Awesome college job and offers the best tuition reimbursment; only takes about two weeks for the bank to reimburse you the funds. (Fry's Electronics takes about 6-9 months and they don't even reimburse you the full amount that they say they will)
    A lot of learning opportunity and great place to build a career if you like the financial industry!

Cons

Sales goals are sometimes challenging
    There aren't really any solid bonuses just points that you can earn and trade in for product

Advice to Management

Operate with the same management style and communicate on final decisions so that employees don't get confused on which direction to go to.

Showing 5 of 15,553 reviews