Bank of America Reviews

4.1
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
4,632 Ratings
Pros
  • "They offer great benefits to employees(in 2651 reviews)

• "Good benefits overall for all employees(in 1642 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work life balance is not the greatest(in 652 reviews)

• "Competitive to attain upper management roles(in 508 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bank of America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great

May 13, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and work ethic

Cons

Investment Banking hours so work life is bad

2. 5.0

Best Company I’ve ever worked for

Apr 27, 2021 - Relationship Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love being able to help others with their finances and life goals. You have to plan on how to execute your monthly and quarterly goals if you want to be successful at meeting or exceeding those numbers. But once you do, you can receive a $1,500 bonus or plenty more on a quarterly basis. Great benefits such as paid holidays off, 16-24week maternity leave, growth opportunities, tuition reimbursements, 3 weeks vacation a year and plenty of sick time, great health care, 401k matching up to 5%, and just several others.

Cons

I came in with a lot of education on my finances and have learn what I teach my clients from my own life experiences. Wish there was more in depth training to make sure everyone was on the same page with what they teach clients. Your manager you have andbteam will make all the difference in the world on whether you love working their or not. I’ve had some teams I worked with that made me want to leave the bank and others I worked with that make me feel so blessed to have my job. Keep yourself educated and on track for promotional opportunities no one will do it for you.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Sales pressure

May 9, 2021 - Small Business Consultant in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good hours to work

Cons

Too much pressure to sell loans to clients witch is not right

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Pay

May 9, 2021 - Advanced Client Solutions in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great pay if you are willing to do the work, stay focused, and hit your sales goals. Great health benefits Occasional bonuses “just because”

Cons

- shift bids are very difficult -getting the pto on the days you want can be hard - I had the best manager I have ever had in my life there, but also worked under the worse manager I have ever had in my life there. It really comes down to whose team you are on. Some managers are excellent and create an amazing work culture, while others make it a nightmare. There isn’t consistency across board with this. - there can be favoritism when trying to look for positions to move up in the company. -it’s a call center job - (if you know, you know) overall as far as call center jobs, I don’t think you are going to find anything better than this

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overall a good place to work.

May 12, 2021 - Client Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, inclusive culture, career advancement, the company cares about their employees, overall I had good managers and cool co-workers.

Cons

High stress, at times it can be difficult to get the days off you want, and the desired shift you want. I was transferred out of an old dept. to a new one (I had no choice) that I did not want to be part of due to high stress. I had to wait basically a year before I could post out in which I was initially told I had to wait only 6 months. When I applied for a new position after 6 months, the recruiter advised I had to wait a full 12 months. That was not what I was told by management, at times there is a lack of CLEAR communication and miscommunication from management to employees.

6. 5.0

Best Company to work for

Apr 4, 2021 - Small Business Consultant in Garden Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When the pandemic started, Bank of America really showed how much they cared about their employees and took care of us... Giving us great benefits and great relief options, not firing us, giving us the option of working from home without any pay decrease while providing work equipment for us. We still got our bonuses from what we got on average without having any goals... They wanted to make sure our income stayed the same and we wouldn't struggle during covid. I am super grateful to be working for this company, and now I see it very clearly since the pandemic started. When things go bad, people's true colors came out, and I am so happy to be apart of this company.

Cons

Lots of politics involved, but that's with every company.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Workplace drama, management that doesn't care about strategic solutions, hell for junior level employees

Apr 5, 2021 - Assistant Vice President In Equities Derivatives IT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teams, strong developers, knowledgeable business, potential for interesting work and internal mobility looked good (although I never moved, I saw many people moving internally and enjoying their new roles)

Cons

Terrible frequently changing management lead to confused goals and money wasted on scrapped projects; management promotes bad workplace culture and doesn't care about the employees; HR and managers turn a blind eye to inappropriate behaviour in the office (affair between manager and direct report, teammates asking me inappropriate personal questions of a sexual nature in the office, the list goes on. Don't bother going to your manager or HR, they will literally tell you "I'm tired" because they are too worried about their own agenda to protect junior female employees. People would move to new roles within the company and leave behind major problematic projects and barely finished work for junior level employees with the advice "go figure it out";

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 4, 2021 - Business Technology Executive in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity, meaningful ability to move around within the company to different roles in different businesses and even across disciplines (HR, Risk, Operations, Technology, etc.). Competitive pay and benefits, good associate support.

Cons

Big company comes with bureaucracy. The landscape is manageable but takes a while to learn and "get your bearings". If you are managing financials for a group it is even more complex and takes time to learn. Above a certain level, coming in without experience at another like or close-sized financial institution can be a real challenge, forcing a quick turn on a steep learning curve.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee

New culture around controls and governance does not always align with Growth

Mar 6, 2021 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits for maternity and paternity - Good health benefits for low wage employees - Great support and benefits for employees with families. - A company that is truly making changes to ensure every employee is treated equally. - A culture of doing the right thing that ties into reducing regulatory, financial and reputational risk.

Cons

- Risk and control culture makes getting things done a hard endeavor. - Emphasis on cost cutting due to the reasons mentioned below. - Disconnect between the taking points from senior management and the ground realities in terms of compensation and ratings. Bank of America is a very very very large bank with more employees than its competitors with larger market value and balance sheets. The companies culture has gone through a drastic change with emphasis on simplification, reducing risks, adding more controls and as a result a shrinking company. This is probably good news for many of its core customers and its shareholders but as an employee its a mixed bag given many of its competitors and Fintech can offer very exciting opportunities rewarding higher risk taking in terms of innovation in terms o technology. The control and risk averse culture means that BOA would shy away from pioneering any drastic change or a new venture looking at its competitors to take the pioneering risk in terms of new products, technology etc.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Pay and Benefits

Mar 24, 2021 - Client Service Representative II in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were wonderful! The time off; sick and vacation is also very good! I started off with 15 days vacation and 10 sick days, the pay is pretty decent , they also offered monthly incentives for the majority of the time I was with the company, you’ll also get points for performance which you can use towards items or gift cards(I definitely took advantage of this and got a few with $100 gift cards!). You’ll also meet some pretty awesome fellow peers and another major pro I am thankful for is the experience I obtained on my resume.

Cons

Argumentative callers, high stress back to back calls and very high call volumes. You’re not allowed to go into ACW or sign off for a quick breather unless it’s one of your breaks or lunch- this can make you feel burnt out quickly, especially on those days where all you’ve had are very upset clients projecting their anger about policies towards the messenger(you), and heavy micromanagement when it comes to your AHT & offering self service to clients.

4 people found this review helpful