Bank of America Reviews in Rio Rancho, NM | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be overwhelming" (in 503 reviews)

• "Communication with upper management can be difficult" (in 439 reviews)

1. "Video Teller Agent"

Current Employee - Video Teller Agent in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Video Teller Agent in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Employee Benefits and supportive team environment.

Cons

Compensation not as much as other companies doing similar work.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job, thanks!

"customer service specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

helping clients understand their banking needs. providing i formation. assisting clients with their accounts. being in a positive envirnment. learning products and information. showing empathy and conern about their issues. problem solving.

Cons

working nights. no room for growing within the company. not knowing how to work as a team. manager has no time for feed back or coaching to help with my overall preformance

Advice to Management

to always be there when preforming good or bad. providing helpful feedback to utilize with preformance. work more as a team and not showing frustration when asked for help

3. "Very stressful Customer Service Position"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, excellent benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, the training is excellent and very detailed, along with a good transitional period from training to the floor with highly skilled and knowledgeable upper-level associates, nice people to work with, you will live for that really pleasant customer interaction where they will love and praise you to balance out the not-so-great ones. The management team really tries to show their appreciation and praise you when you are doing a great job with the customers.

Cons

Some of the challenges I faced were: none of the schedules were ideal, this is not a 9-to-5 job. You are either scheduled early morning or late in the evening, and it is nearly impossible to change once you are locked in. While I was there, they did a shift bid and I ended up with a worse schedule than I had before, and no hope of appeal even though several of us complained. Not being sour grapes, just stating the reality of things. It is a highly stressful job and you are expected to be a robot and do everything perfectly every time following each step or you will get written up. A lot of information to keep in your head and process while trying to remain engaged and friendly with the customer.

Advice to Management

Be an advocate for your associates, and not just your subordinate managers. I don't know how many times I felt powerless because upper management would side with my manager and not me. Once, while meeting with my manager and his manager over a call review, my manager was rude and downright flippant to me, and the unit manager just allowed it to happen like this was the normal way to talk to employees. Trust that your employees are smart enough to do their jobs and are capable of performing without 5,000 rules to follow and being treated like children, called into the office and written up for every minor infraction. Also, keep some consistency in which rules will incur harsher penalties if not abided by. I also felt like I was put at a disadvantage when I started because I changed managers every three months. More consistency across the board would allow your employees to have more faith in the organization.

Showing 3 of 19,978 reviews