Bank of America Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be overwhelming" (in 496 reviews)

• "Communication with upper management can be difficult" (in 437 reviews)

1. "Great benefits and leadership"

Current Employee - Small Business Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Small Business Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had an exceptional experience with my career at Bank of America. The job is always challenging, but I have been blessed to experience great leaders who helped to develop and mentor me for personal career development.

Cons

It's a big corporation. Some leaders earn their position politically instead of based on merit - but rarely do those situations last very long.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting from within. Set realistic expectations for staff based on their personal goals. Continue driving a culture that is competitive and ethical. Bank of America is a fun place to work.

2. "Would not recommend working for this company!"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enviornment, customer experience, reasonable pay negotiations.

Cons

They will find any reason to investigate you. May also let you go for something you didn't do.

High performers beware!

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn to figh for their high performer who are clearly ethical!

3. "Assistant Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has consistently been on the cutting edge of new technology which is changing the industry.

Cons

Industry is in retraction, long term employment opportunities looks dismal. There have been significant reductions in staff.

4. "Financial Center Lending Consultant"

Current Employee - Management in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This role gives you a 12 month non recoverable draw to learn the business and establish a book of clients. This job is flexible your not on a set schedule and have freedom to go off-site to network and even work from home. Management is relaxed. Bank supplies phone lead source and retail location for leads. Great benefits available.

Cons

After 1 year possition is commission based with recoverable draw. Mortgage volume is unpredictable. Months of time where there is little to no business depending on market fluctuations and conditions. Guidelines and document collection is always a source of frustration. Expected to be in your retail location 3 to 4 days a week and at area office 1 day a week: pretty strickt considerig this is commission. Networking time is expected on weekends at open houses. This is a 40 hour work week on commission. You will probably want to work 60- 70 hours to be sucessfull because there is never enough time. But overtime is not authorized unless you are meeting production targets.

Advice to Management

The biggest source of frustration is the salesforce system. It does not give you the tools you need. Upermanagement expects it to be used in a specific way. This way does not give you success it only insures you have busy work. AND you have to do it to stay off the bad list. It's activity for activity sake. This brings very little value when the retail location can send you an unlimited number of leads that are not necessarily interested in talking to you; and you have to call them 3 times on 3 different days and times. If salesforce could sort leads by current rate on off-us mortgages based on past conversations: this would help. Because we get a rate drop email and it would be nice to call our top 10 highest rate customers regardless of who there mortgage is with. Currently if I want this type of list I have to set up a excel sheet to keep track as I go. Why sould I have to do this when I already have to track though salesforce? There are tools to provide a list of loans originated by the bank that sort by rate but not on off us mortgages and not based on last conversations. Makes sense that we would want to capture this information and sort it. When talking to clients there are a myriad or reasons why we can not proceed. Some of these reasons will be corrected with time. We should have a way to sort these as well. Since management want us running our business on salesforce; Make the conversations we are having fuel for future success and give us access to the tools to sort our past conversations better though salesforce.

5. "Crm"

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great

Cons

There is always overtime so your at work more than your home

Advice to Management

Fight for your employees make sure they get raises

"Assistant Vice President, Financial Center Manager II"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Financial Center Manager II in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff of people to work with in the Financial Center

Cons

Far to many tasks to compete month to month while still driving sales and being in the lobby all of the time.

7. "Good, but can be better and more technologically based."

Current Employee - Bank of America Teller in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Bank of America Teller in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is better than other banks. I am lucky to have a good team. Management is supportive, helpful, and I learn a lot from them.

Cons

My center is old. There's no pictures or music in the center. The systems and the processing are old and should be updated.

Advice to Management

Upgrade our financial centers with pictures and bright colors to create a better mood for our customers, so that they can feel happier. Update the systems, come on we still validate receipts, deposit slips, etc.

8. "Personal Banker"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

There are a lot of great employees and team members who have been part of the the B of A family for a long time.

Cons

I was is in a sales role for over 4 years with different compensation plans each year. Mentality has changed from an employee being an asset to just an number. If you didn't hit goals of 100% to 125% you were let go. There is no longer a clear path to move up into management once you are in a sales role.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your customers are asking for as employees were a tremendous strength for B of A. Getting rid of Customer Service focused employees in hopes of replacing them with an extra checking account sale is not a long term win for the company.

"Mortgage Loan Associate"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great opportunities from banking centers to get leads, and one of the biggest banks so you know you are always staying busy.

Cons

All commission.

If you don't meet your monthly base which is a recoverable draw, you go into the negative for next month.

Advice to Management

None.

10. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller I in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Teller I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Bank of America (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training environment. Helpful and caring employers.

Cons

Dont really prepare you for the negatives of the job, the cons customers will try running on you etc.

Advice to Management

Focus more training on what employees should expect and look for and how to deal with illegal activities, and the people involved.

Showing 37 of 19,732 reviews