Bank of America Senior Architect Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "Mix of Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Senior Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Flexible Work environment 2. Good work-life balance

Cons

1. Senior management does not understand the root level problems 2. Lot of re-work types projects, wasting so much project money

Advice to Management

Stop taking short cuts just because initially it sounds like a good idea and you think it is going yo save you a buck; such decisions have a negative impact on the worker bee employees.

Bank of America2015-08-03
  2. "One of the worst teams to work"

Current Contractor - Senior Architect in Pennington, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing good in this team but there are lot of other teams that loved working with. Lot of other teams are very professional.

Cons

Pay for 8 hrs and work for 16 hrs. Pay cut with in 2 months of joining..furlough with in 2 months of joining. I would have picked other jobs on hand if I would have known the pay cut.worst management I have ever seen and worked in my career.offered me a position when joined but once joined the leads never bothered to even discuss on the role. If some one want to see the heights of unprofessionalism refer this team.

Advice to Management

Please don't apply furlough and rate cut to the people who just joined... That's truly unprofessional and unethical.

Bank of America2016-04-14

"Beware the corporate culture"

Former Employee - Senior Architect in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's about as stable as a bank can be (too big to fail). If you like being a cog in a gigantic impersonal machine (and, yes, some people do), you'll fit right in.

Cons

If you don't like being a cog in a gigantic impersonal machine, if you want the kind of less formal, more entrepreneurial, more creative environment (like most software people), a giant bank is not for you, and this is certainly one of the most giant banks.

Advice to Management

A banking culture is appropriate for bankers, but in a corporation so large, you have lots of employees whose jobs aren't about banking. Those people need a different culture. If you can't have two cultures in one company, spin those jobs off into a separate company that has a client-vendor relationship with the corporation and then that company can develop an appropriate culture.

Bank of America2015-09-13
  4. "good interesting and dynamic projects"

Senior Architect in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

a lot to learn - new concepts technology, good compensation package, good benefits

Cons

if your immidiate manager has issues with you no matter what you think of the company values, you must leave or, will get sacked. dont be honest, be diploamatic every day, every conv.

Advice to Management

a manager will do everything possible to justify but be very thorough in understanding a manager's rating data points, ask tough questions to ensure that the manager is not taking a personal decision.

Bank of America2010-12-23