Bank of America Senior Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to maintain a good work life balance" (in 532 reviews)

• "Don't get a lot of support from upper management" (in 461 reviews)

1. "Great Place To Work For"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager, Senior Customer Service Representative in Torrance, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company has great benefits and has great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The layoffs really hurt a lot of people, and when they layoff, its like whole departments.

Advice to Management

Remember your hard workers, judge them by your experience with them or their whole record, not just 1 manager who probably has an ax to grind.

"Sr customer service rep/digital services"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative/Digital Services in Utica, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and great vacation time

Cons

They set unrealistic and unfair goals. The only way to meet their goals is to cut corners and cheat the system. My morals won't support this. For the amount if stress and stuff you have to put up with the pay could be better. You also are an easily replaceable number. They don't value years of committed service. They claim there are opportunities but there really are not. It can easily turn into a dead end job. You could work there for years and a new hire would be hired for about the same pay for example.

Advice to Management

Stop creating unrealistic goals that hurt employees that follow the rules and do their jobs the right way. This hurts your good employees and also the customers. For example someone can BS a customer and tell them what they want to hear to get them off the phone quickly. They would get a good survey and meet CTI goals but not actually fix the issue or help the customer. The customer won't know it is still messed up until they call next month even angrier. I actually do the right thing but am punished because my call time is longer. Maybe it is longer because I am actually helping the customer and fixing their issue the RIGHT way. Also many of the ppl that have fast CTI give the customers incorrect information. It is an unfair work environment that promotes cheating and tricking the customers off the phone. Not fair and also not in line with my morals. Everything is set up for associate failure and numbers are twisted with stats to promote a false sense of success. Things have really gone down hill. I do not enjoy my job anymore like I used to. You want world class service but you handicap your employees and lose some of your best associates. Why do you think your turn over is so high?

3. "Great while it lasted"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great and the benefits are great as well.

Cons

Being connected to a phone and no advancement opportunities within certain departments.

Advice to Management

All management needs to be on the same page and effectively communicate

4. "Great company to work for...sometimes"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company in general is a great place to work for. Customer service representative are given great and informative training before hitting the floor. Atmosphere is great and people you work with are very helpful, friendly and become friends more than co-workers.

Cons

Numbers the game. It doesn't seem to matter how much a person improves in the game. It's all about the numbers. Competition among co-workers is stressful. Management also seem to watch out about themselves then the people they are leading. There doesn't seem to be anyone on top who has your back. It's a feeling most co-workers seem have.

Advice to Management

Have your employees back. If the numbers aren't to par, then look beyond that and see what type of person is doing the job. Are they the type to slack off or are they the ones who always put 110% but just didn't make it. Especially if they just got on the team. It seems a lot of good apples have fallen off the tree and the rotten ones are still hanging in there. Turnovers lately have been high...Don't you think?

5. "Escalations center of Excellence"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bank of America overall is a good company to work for however it does not pay you well enough for all the hard work you have to do. They seem to want reward you for your job well done but with food parties and a recognition award but it doesn't come with a salary increase. How ever with that said they do have a great Benefits plan for there employees and plenty of paid vacation.

Cons

The cons would have to be salary, late policy, and I say that because Bank of America well the site I work in requires 80% of the building to be late due to a traffic alert which will never happen!

Advice to Management

I don't have advice to management because there pretty good we'll at least all of the supervisors that I had.

6. "Good for a call center"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Decent pay and great benefits. Co-workers are helpful. Building is well maintained.

Cons

Constantly changing procedures and call quality team not in sync with management. Management very immature. You have to pay for your own parking and it can go up to $35 when there is a cardinals game.

Advice to Management

Stop talking to employees about other employees to get information.

"To everything, there is a season....."

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative/NS&S in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative/NS&S in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, and I learned a lot of different things about banking, and about things in life (The need for retirement accounts, trusts, ATM fraud, a bit about legal documents, etc.) A lot of good people work here. Well-rounded takeaway.

Cons

I'm not going to be completely honest with you about everything at the bank (you'll have to find that out on your own) but one thing that I will comment on is the culture of management and their rationale for promotions and developing their employees. It's better in some departments than others, so don't expect too much. You will learn a lot working for them, but know when to leave and move on, unless you want to stay in banking or investing. (Tip: 100% Tuition reimbursement - don't leave without a degree! :-) )

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is valued for their contributions - seen and unseen. Really. It would make a bigger difference at the bank than you could possibly imagine.

"Don't do it unless you want to get licensed and leave"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative/Investment Specialist I in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Great benefits with HSA Plan to cover out of pocket expenses for co pays and prescriptions

Cons

Poor training on the systems. Horrible license training..managers come in all excited in thrthe beginning, but shame people on test scores of practice exams. Pull regular reps off the floor to attempt to train on Series 7 licensing, most of whom felt uncomfortable and couldn't help. Need to have an actual proctor to teach to exams required.

Advice to Management

Get in managers who don't sit at each others desks and gossip about other employees. Get a proctor to train for series 7 and 63 licensing

9. "Good experience at Edge"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Hopewell, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Hopewell, NJ

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, decent wage.

Cons

Customer service is a lacking department.

10. "A company to grow in!"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of America has so many benefits, discounts, and career development tools it is a great company to work for. Some of the great benefits include great insurance rates with many plans to choose from, tuition reimbursement, Child care reimbursement, and discounts on thousands of everyday items and stores you shop at regularly.

Cons

Depending on the outlet you work, whether it be in the Banking Center or in its offices, such as mortgages, Merrill Lynch, or supporting staff, there is the potential for micromanagement due to sales goals, quotas, times, etc. I only had this problem when working inside the Banking Center, but when I obtained a job outside of the Banking Center, it was pretty much smooth sailing.

Advice to Management

As far as the banking center is concerned, you may want to realign the ideals Banking Center managers have when trying to motivate their teams to get referrals and/or sales. I have had many friends and colleagues leave Bank of America because they did not feel valued as an associate, even if they were at or above goal.