Bank of America Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "I Hated every moment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Bank of America (Less than a year)

Pros

Location was close to my house

Cons

Management, Work Experience, Pay, Benefits, Expectations, were all very high. Unfortunately the pay is 12/hr but I am expected to produce similar to loan agent but without any possible commission.

Advice to Management

change the culture

2. "awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Bank of America (More than 3 years)

Pros

not any thing good to say

Cons

horrible place to work at

"Going Downhill"

Former Employee - Teller in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team was really friendly, hardworking, caring and would go out of their way for other team members. No working after 7(at the latest), holidays or Sundays! Discount using Working Advantage (I had 20% off on my phone bill). You get to create relationships with regular customers and help everyone. Company works with schedule changes/ limited schedules. Great associate banking program and benefits.

Cons

Very big emphasis on making numbers but horrible training program, if they expect you to sell shouldn't they at least teach you how? High stress environment, passed down from managers, makes even the most calm and collected employee annoyed. Managers pick favorites, hard to move up even if you are a hard worker. Strict regulations - constant need of manager approval. Working with a lot of people who don't necessarily want to be there or make banking a career, no serious career vibe. VERY inconsistent policies (as far as coin deposits or who can do what) from bank to bank. My branch really babied the tellers and gave us very limited freedom/responsibility.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. At least give a chance to be heard. Focus less on standards and more on personalization/customer.

4. "Taking it to the next level"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

satisfaction of a job well done. Coming up with great ideas and exploring possibilities that might not have been processed in the past. Directing others to do a great job so that at the end of the day, we all feel a sense of accomplishment. Don't take no for an answer. Sell products and services that help those in need feel part of something bigger.

Cons

Not being able to get loans funded in a timely mannger. Sometimes, clients are left waiting in limbo for weeks waiting on their home equity loan or mortgage. Often, it's hard to get in touch with the loan processor

Advice to Management

hire more neutral minded personnel and ones that are intrigued by the job- connections valued at all costs

Showing 4 of 17,039 reviews