Bank of America Reviews in Tallahassee, FL | Glassdoor

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Client Service Representative (Formerly Bank Teller)"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative (Formerly Bank Teller) in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

Great place to work, you learn a lot about banking, sales, etc. I had a great manager and co-workers.

Cons

I have worked around some bad managers and depending on what branch you work at will determine your satisfaction with the job. I had a very slow, laid-back branch with little traffic.

"Terrible if you're a teller"

Current Employee - Banker in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Banker in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Bank of America (More than a year)

Pros

Free accounts, benefits are okay, federal holidays off, off on weekends, free cashier's checks and money orders, and Looks good on resume.

Cons

Hard to get the vacations you want during holiday season (if you can get it), Terrible treatment if you're a teller, customers are the pits!!!! Pixx poor management. No upward mobility. Company is losing direction.

Advice to Management

Treat your tellers better. They are the face of the company. Show your customers more respect!

"Financial Center Manager"

Current Employee - Financial Center Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Center Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company, lots of opportunity for advancement, great hours

Cons

Over worked, highly pressured which can lead to stress, aggressive sales environment

4. "It's been a lot of moving around..."

Current Employee - Professional Teller in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Teller in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is really good; Co workers are like family

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth; Sale goals are unrealistic

5. "Product pushers, make customers jump through hoops"

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, hours, technology

Cons

Bad reputation, run centers on skeliton crew. Will make customers wait. Very few product choices.

"Saw no real job growth outside of the banking center."

Former Employee - Teller in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

Benefits. Bank of America offered awesome benefits for both full-time and part-time workers. Really there was no much of a difference between the two positions. I got discounts to about every place you could name and the health benefits really provided security. Also, if your banking center met its performance goals everyone would receive a pay increase based off of the banking center manager's discretion. Within six months of working for the bank I experienced two pay increase as well as a monetary bonus for exceeding performance metrics.

Cons

Although the bonuses were great, they cut that program right after I received my first bonus. And were told that we would still see raises if we met performance goals, but when I did get a pay increase it was pennies compared to the first couple of raises I experienced. This caused morale to go down and many of the tellers started to disregard our goals, because it just didn't seem worth it anymore. The worst part of the job (and this is highly dependent on the banking center) was management. It was all talk and no walk. Our managers preached to us about meeting goals and being customer-oriented, but did not display any of these traits in front of the staff. My Assistant Manager was the laziest of them all and also the meanest. She felt like she could get away with doing no work and put it on her team because she was in essence the boss. This environment didn't inspire me to excel and ultimately became the reason why I left the branch. As for Bank of America as a whole their goals were not focused which were the reason why it was hard to achieve any of the standards they release. One quarter it was customer service, then referrals, and after that credit card. We couldn't practice a process long enough before there was a new focus. All in all if you apply for this position don't expect to make it higher within the corporate organization. There are stories of people becoming market managers, but it is far and plenty and no one knows exactly what these positions are for. All in all I had a poor experience with the company.

Advice to Management

Be more focused with the objectives you want to implement, because when you have too many interest nothing really gets accomplished. As for your employees, you want to much for what you are paying them for. High turnover is a problem and to rid yourself of this problem you have to invest in your workforce.

7. "Very Good"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resource Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resource Manager in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

Very employee focused. Very community focused.

Cons

Higher paying jobs located in larger towns

Advice to Management

Over all good.

"Frustrating almost all the time!"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Florida State, FL
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Florida State, FL

Pros

Great benefits, consistent pay (meaning I don't have to rely on tips or commission) ability to move to different locations if needed.

Cons

Always being told you can move up when it is practically impossible. I have been with the company for over four years and have moved through all the necessary positions to move into an assistant manager role and keep getting held back with lame excuses, so I spend you day showing my supervisors how to do their job while unqualified associates move up and get paid more then I do. I have moved from a teller to an SSS to a TOS and now back to an SSS. I managed the teller line for over 2.5 years and haven't gotten a raise since I took that role three years ago, it is extremely frustrating. I work with a bunch of people who call out on a regular basis (some already over 5 times this year alone) and they have higher salaries then I do and less experience.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to and reward the associates that keep things together in the banking centers. As an SSS I am not required to open business accounts or show the TOS how to do their job while also prepping the center for the up and coming BCCR review, but I do because I for some reason keep thinking this will be the task that gets me noticed and I'm always let down. All I can do it try, and constantly tell my supervisor that I want to move up in the company but I'm sure I will get another excuse as to why I'm not ready.

"Look elsewhere!!"

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

Benefits, not to be confused with overall compensation are good, The company as a whole is very strong. If you get a decent position that is not in the consumer banking sector, chances are that you will be well compensated. If not, you probably not last long... as most people don't.

Cons

Poor consumer banking management and communication. Extremely poor training for new associates, and is only getting worse. If you work in a busy branch you will be extremely overextended and will eventually quit. Although reviews are supposed to be annual, I have not had mine yet this year, and it is very overdue.

Advice to Management

Listen to and train lower level associates and it will make your job infinitely easier.

Showing 9 of 17,072 reviews