Bank of America Designated manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "Process Design"

Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Ashland, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Strong sense of diversity. Excellent benefits Career opportunities nationwide

Cons

Currently cutting too sharply to make shareholders happy; leaves too much work for too few employees. Expectation of working on time off is high among managers.

Advice to Management

Encourage people to take real time off, and do the same yourself.

Bank of America2016-08-24
  2. "Constantly knew that you could be next in layoffs. No job security."

Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Bank provides holidays, sick days and vacation time. If you have have a good manager who invests in the team you are lucky.

Cons

Always expected you to do more and more. Any positions eliminated people left expected to do their job plus others.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Staff reduction is not the only esy to increase stock price.

Bank of America2016-09-14
  3. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Dynamic environment and leadership. Very good benefits, although health benefits have been trending downhill. Focus is on the customer. Lots of improvement efforts going on. Always on the move which creates personal opportunity. Committed to and supportive of volunteerism.

Cons

Company is moving away from virtual work assignments, which cuts opportunities for those not living in the right area.

Advice to Management

Slow down reorganizations, they are disruptive

Bank of America2015-07-30
  4. "Work hard, get paid decently, but always remember you're just a number.........."

Former Employee - Process Design Manager

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Decent pay, friendly teammates, good work-from-home opportunities

Cons

The constant fear of being severed (shhh, did I say that?). Severances happen almost every quarter and to get the severance you are required to sign a non-disclosure.... so it almost never appears in the media. Entire groups get wiped out, so even w/ consistently high performance appraisals you can be cut. It was the number one thing people talked about.

Advice to Management

Go back to roots and demonstrate to the people you actually care. Because we all believe you don't.

Bank of America2014-02-09
  5. "BAC Home Loans is a terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Large company supposedly gives access to broad information. No cost employee bank accounts.

Cons

Poor management. Total disregard for employee experience or help to employees. Senior executives dictate all decisions, no requests/don't listen to workers. Layoffs are determined by friendship to boss, not performance. Move managers from other areas into positions to lead teams that they know nothing about (don't have required skills, don't understand complexities)

Advice to Management

Get rid of serious manage by friendship problem. Figure out how to measure impact/benefit to the business for workers, and compensate them for it.

Bank of America2013-11-18

"Know what you are getting into"

Former Employee - Process Design Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

My Work Program allowed me to work from home and gave me a lot of work flexibility. The upside of this is that I could work late (after putting the kids down for the night) or start my day really early. It also made working the weekends more "appealing". THe downside is that I was always "online" so had to work on not working.l

Cons

A lot of job uncertainty, and layoffs. Constant feeling that you need to "prove" yourself against the other team mates in your group as we were forced ranked against each other. This promoted some politic playing in some groups.

Advice to Management

Careful not to burn-out your Associates who are left standing.

Bank of America2009-04-06