Bank of America Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian T. Moynihan
  1. "My experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Growth Opportunities over my time there.

Cons

Working Hours Can be long and sometimes unrewarding

Bank of America2019-09-23
  2. "good place to work, depending on your job and if you can stand an huge company"

Current Employee - Programmer Professor Markets in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-good benefits -pay seems good, at least for some jobs -many jobs you can choose from -as a programmer, I like how they are doing agile now and not waterfall

Cons

-big company bureaucracy and culture -risk aversion means technology can be a little behind the times

Bank of America2019-11-16
  3. "Ok experience"

Former Intern - Capital Markets Summer Analyst

I worked at Bank of America for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, good pay/benefits

Cons

Be prepared for long hours- and be prepared to be excited to work long hours. Otherwise you are deemed as having a bad attitude

Bank of America2019-10-23
  4. "Great Team at an Pretty Good Company"

Current Contractor - Digital Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for career growth

Cons

Slow to adapt to new technology and policies

Bank of America2019-07-29
  5. "Bank of America is great!"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

The pros include very good pay, an astounding team, and a great work environment.

Cons

There were no "cons" that I encountered.

Bank of America2019-07-14
  6. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open Environment Grooming Opportunities Health Benefits Insurance Benefits

Cons

Learning Chances are limited but the management are working to provide more Learning courses

Bank of America2019-05-19

"Great benefits, bad experience"

Former Employee - Customer Marketing Specialist

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee benefits were great during my time. Low costs on medical and dental coverage. Paternity leave offered after hitting 1 year tenure (3 months paid at the time).

Cons

Very sales oriented job, had to do anything to close the sale. Unreasonable expectations for monthly sales metrics.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the needs of customers rather rather than a need for more sales and profits. Allow more flexibility in the phone calls for reps rather than demanding a low handle time as well as making large amounts of sales.

Bank of America2019-04-03
  8. "Challenging but"

Former Employee - Global Markets Risk Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the biggest pros to working at a large firm is the diversity of people that you meet through corporate events. Additionally, individuals on the Global Markets Risk team are generally all well-connected and are more than willing to meet for drinks/discuss things outside of work.

Cons

One of the cons is that the sheer enormity of the bank makes it difficult for one to fully understand how one's work plays into the larger picture of the bank's functions. It is not uncommon to get 'lost in the cogs' at such a large place, although managers and other teammates are generally effective and grounding one's work.

Bank of America2019-01-10
  9. "Good"

Former Employee - Intern Markets in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning and participation oportunities Mentoring and team work

Cons

The work and life balance

Bank of America2018-12-20
  10. "Culture is changing, would have rated higher a few years ago"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President, Marketing in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent Benefits including PTO, sick days, healthcare and 401k contributions OK work-life balance Investment in Technology Community Reinvestment Increased dividend in 2018 Diversity and Inclusion commitment Severance package if you are laid off Nationwide presence, competitive across multiple products and LOBs Some very good people and leaders, lots of legacy (MBNA) talent

Cons

Career Advancement Moving in the wrong direction regarding remote work and flexibility Lack of consistent policies and treatment across LOBs Tendency to be behind competitive trends, especially in the credit card space Layoffs, especially on the technology side of the business Pay below the market rate, especially if you have been there several years Stock buyback having minimal impact on share price YTD Changing the culture to create attrition and avoid severance packages

Advice to Management

In a world where climate change is real, you report that you are committed to environmental sustainability yet how many cars have you put back onto the roads around Charlotte, Delaware, Boston, etc ., in the name of face time? When MyWork and VPN time was permitted and encouraged, the company was doing fine. During that time financials were impacted by the poor decision to purchase Countrywide ( I get it, different CEO). It is unfortunate you let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Brian preaches responsible growth, well ask yourselves how responsible is it making people drive into an office everyday, sometimes as far as 30 miles one way? Take that into account for the company's carbon footprint. Also, why consolidate down to one building in Wilmington that has the smallest parking garage? We know it's coming so why not just get out of Wilmington entirely. Stop delaying the inevitable because a few Executives don't want to drive to Newark every day. This feedback should be no surprise to Management - I wrote the same thing in my Associate Survey. I doubt this will happen, but I'll try it anyway - voluntary severance packages PLEASE.

Bank of America2018-09-29