Bank of America "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bank of America Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Found 20248 reviews

3.6
Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Depending on your direct manager, growth is almost unattainable"

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, education in job function

Cons

Transparency only applies to people without a title. If you are considered upper management you can pretty much do whatever without being held accountable.

Bank of America2019-05-02

"Good pay- poor upper management"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Pay is great. Benefits are just as good

Cons

You are told what to say to customers. You are graded on your predetermined behaviors and not your performance. Upper management is very far disconnected from daily activities and extremely incompetent. If you like to be micro managed via email, this is the perfect job for you.

Advice to Management

Know the line of business that you’re managing. Spend more face time with your employees. Beta test new policies in the banking centers before you roll them out. Most of what is expected is completely ridiculous. Please make better use of man hours.

Bank of America2019-04-20

"Mean Boys personified! Do NOT accept a job here-You will be sorry"

Former Employee - Licensed Lending Officer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are NO pros to working here

Cons

Extremely poorly managed; Industry low commission rate; over promise and under deliver; technology is a joke; goals not well defined; promise at hiring not kept; actively discriminate; The CEO and upper management talk a good game but it is not to be found in rank and file. Metrics/Smetrics

Advice to Management

Fire all the so called Area Managers and Sales Managers. Dead weight, unfamiliar with policy, and how to manage on the most basic level.

Bank of America2019-05-08

"Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great benefits when it comes to having personal time off, sick days, vacation, childcare reimbursement, and health insurance. One of the best paying bank.

Cons

It was once a great company to work for. Lately, micromanagement has gone through the roof as you are forced to dial out to clients they have forced to go to their online platform to come back to the bank and up sale them. Our goals is to help put clients in more debt. Company only cares about those with money. They see many minorities like criminals, even when they come to make a simple withdraw from their own accounts....

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees a little more and stop trying to make them resign due to your poor management skills and work ethic. Work supposed to be fun and enjoyable by helping clients and one another. Your managing style sucks and at time, we feel as we are slaves to this industry. Your turnovers are way too high and it is a matter of time before you'll end up on the news like your competitor.

Bank of America2019-04-12

"This place is miserable, when in training they paint you a beautiful picture but once in, its misery."

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Lowell, MA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The benefits are amazing and so is the 401K, the holidays that the bank reserves, and the hours are comfortable as well.

Cons

This place is just miserable, upper management does not support you whatsoever. HUGE micromanagers in this place, the sales pressure is ridiculous. I see what happened in Wells Fargo happening with BOA one day because of the sale pressure. Theres also so much gossip in this place and the blatant favoritism is extremely discouraging. This place literally sucks the life out of...

Advice to Management

Throw the entire management away, your micro managing and sales pressure is EXTREMELY unhealthy for the employees mental health.

Bank of America2019-04-07

"Financial Solutions Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Solutions Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-benefits -work life balance -good platform

Cons

Management. There is a disconnect from the realities in a growth market. The market leader offers no support and the company does no advertising. Upper management need to look in the mirror to see why so many people are leaving what could be a really great opportunity.

Advice to Management

Do something to bring in clients- advertise, provide leads. Acknowledge that being in a growth market is tough and compensate your hard working employees adequately. Re-evaluate your local leadership. They are ineffective and provide no added value to their employees.

Bank of America2019-03-06
  7. "Average Pay and Good Benefits"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Former team was good to work with Good benefits - medical, 401k, etc Average pay but not stellar considering other firm compensation

Cons

No support from upper management Management is quick to assume instead of hearing from own team members about mistreatment

Bank of America2019-03-06
  8. "Keeping it Real"

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It is a very good company to work for

Cons

In the area where I worked there was not much diversity in upper management

Advice to Management

Improve diversity

Bank of America2019-01-29

"Relationship Manager"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Nothing, 3 weeks vacation that you are told when to take, lots of sick time available that you feel bad taking because the branches are so short staffed,

Cons

Micromanaged, not enough staff at the branch level, no support from upper management

Bank of America2019-01-26

"Micromanagement discourages creativity and individuality"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Bank of America offers wonderful benefits, even to part-time employees, such as tuition reimbursement, childcare reimbursement, coverage of spouse/domestic partner, and paid vacation.

Cons

The few times I called out sick, I was made to feel like I was slacking, and letting the team down. The day after, I was asked by one manager to read the texts on my phone to see what I was doing the day I was out sick. As a violation of privacy, I did not honor the request. When I expressed my concerns about this manager to upper management, the concerns were brushed off, and...

Advice to Management

Offer more positive encouragement for what your employees do right, and don't create a hostile work environment by firing managers that are performing and meeting goals just because their leadership style is different. Many good employees have left, and I know more are planning to leave because of the sales pressure and hostile work environment.

Bank of America2019-01-28