Bank of Cardiff Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2019

Found 61 reviews

4.2
William S.Stern
Pros
  • "I guess it is the infamous San Diego sun(in 11 reviews)

• "There are company happy hours and catered lunches which are nice(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think living in San Diego, salaries should be higher(in 5 reviews)

• "Hotels like the Omni, Marriot or Hard Rock are just there(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great job and industry"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff full-time for more than a year

Pros

High commission, potential for advancement, good environment with helpful people.

Cons

Starting salary isn’t great but similar to other companies that do the same thing.

Advice to Management

More training

Bank of Cardiff2019-03-26

"Good job if you're good at sales"

Current Employee - Commercial Finance Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff for less than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you are good at sales and good on the phone

Cons

Strange work hours, difficult to make money commission right off the bat when you are new.

Bank of Cardiff2019-01-31

"Operations - FAKE REVIEWS!"

Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Bank of Cardiff full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good location in San Diego

Cons

- Reviews are FAKE! Way too many reviews for the amount of people that work there. Once you start working there you realize that right away. Management treats you like a POS and the pay is well below average especially for the area. Trying to save everyone the time.

Bank of Cardiff2018-12-30

"Commercial Finance Associate"

Current Employee - Commercial Finance Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, hard working and motivating coworkers, competitive commission structure, tenure leads to an increasing and wide range of commission opportunities, good training program if needed

Cons

Benefits are adequate...they can be balanced by the commission opportunity if you grow and learn the industry.

Advice to Management

Be clear about expectations and commission potential from the beginning, and at any time there is a change in them.

Bank of Cardiff2018-10-25

"WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW"

I worked at Bank of Cardiff full-time

Pros

Everyone there is pretty cool. Office is nice. If you like cubicles. This Company WANTS to be good Company.

Cons

-This is TELEMARKETING. Sales. -95% of your training is on how to make cold calls. Rejection, etc. -3% of your training will be on what you absolutely must know to be knowledgable and successful, However, no one there has any training experience and they don't want to invest too much time doing this because chances are you won't be there much longer than a year. if that. -You make cold calls. Make no mistake about...

Advice to Management

This is in no way an attack on management. I spent time with them out of the office and actually liked all the managers there including the office manger. These are just facts that should be communicated upfront and honestly and is not. Good luck, and Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Bank of Cardiff2018-10-17
  6. "Great Company, Highly recommend working here"

Current Employee - Cfa in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would recommend Bank Of Cardiff to any sales minded individuals looking to work hard and make money! Fun atmosphere, great team and management, lots of opportunity to succeed. Excellent weekly spiffs and company activities. I have been working at Cardiff for a year and it has paid off- huge upside with great commission

Cons

I do not have any Cons to post about Cardiff-this is a sales position and sales are expected- Dental and vision plans would be nice

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing- I appreciate all the help and this is a great place to come and work at each day.

Bank of Cardiff2018-09-28

"Great company culture, awesome management, realistic goals"

Current Employee - Cfa in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Bank of Cardiff for a few months and love coming into work everyday. The managers here are friendly, helpful and do what they can to set you up for success. The company culture here is awesome and they have really cool weekly/bi-weekly spiffs with cool prizes to incentivize the sales floor. I came into this industry with zero industry experience and have learned so much and am continuing to learn...

Cons

The base pay is lower than I'm used to but once you hit your 10 submissions (usually takes about a month), you get a small pay bump and you're eligible to make commission (which can be very lucrative).

Advice to Management

Thanks for providing an awesome work environment. Keep doing great spiffs and fun team building events outside of work.

Bank of Cardiff2018-09-19

"Growing company!"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bank of Cardiff full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, great people to work with, growing company that has been breaking sales records. Senior management is very approachable and truly has an open door policy. In the 5 months, I have been with the company, we have had 2 awesome company outing so far where they have rented boats to take out on the bay and not only paid employees for the day but provided food and drinks! What's better than beer, boats...

Cons

Currently, they don't provide dental or vision insurance.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing!

Bank of Cardiff2018-09-13

"CFA"

Former Employee - Cfa

I worked at Bank of Cardiff full-time for less than a year

Pros

Traffics not too bad when you're coming in and out of work since you're working from 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM.

Cons

Honestly, getting fired here was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. No benefits, no PTO, and no retirement. The leads are garbage and the interest they offer to customers are insane! Unless you're okay with making $15/hour and not getting your commission for 3 months or whatever.

Advice to Management

Maybe invest in your employees instead of treating them as numbers to meet daily metrics.

Bank of Cardiff2017-08-31

"Great opportunity for entry level sales"

I worked at Bank of Cardiff full-time

Pros

Cool coworkers, opportunity to make good money, free lunches.

Cons

Small company so you have to deal with difficult personalities on a daily basis.

Bank of Cardiff2017-07-09