KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,398 of over 1,497 reviews

3.3
Bank of the West President & CEO Nandita Bakhshi
Nandita Bakhshi
Pros
  • "Excellent work/life balance encouraged throughout the Bank(in 84 reviews)

• "good benefits, great networking opportunities, ability to learn and grow(in 67 reviews)

• Cons
  • "poor support from upper management(in 50 reviews)

• "They push sales goals way too much and put too much stress on employees to hit these goals(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bank of the West and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Bank of the West helped me to take my career to the next level.

Oct 22, 2020 - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, lots of training, I like my coworkers

Cons

Very low interest rate environment, FinTech competition, credit losses from Covid-19 recession (of course this all holds true to the entire retail banking industry, not just Bank of the West)

Bank of the West Response

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We Develop is a core value within the Bank. We have programs such as About Me, Individual Development Plans, and mid-year reviews designed to help team members develop their skills and expose them to opportunities within the bank.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture - diverse mgmt team

Jun 2, 2021 - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Customer Focus Technology Welcoming team members

Cons

Integration with NY CIB is going to kill the culture

Bank of the West Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Being a Great Place to Work is one of the cornerstones of our organization and a key to growing our business for the future.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

ANNIVERSARY

May 17, 2021 - Commercial Loan Consultant in Fargo, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been all over the U.S. and Europe, for the U.S. this is the best company I have seen and worked for. I enjoy the freedom to explore other departments, the company information and updates made available as well as that the all employees are accountable and encouraged to improve themselves knowing that all are equal and will be given the same options regardless of level if they are qualified.

Cons

found some management issues with encouragement and willingness to promote and train employees who have heavy accents and different ways of thinking that do not match expectations. I have not seen tools to address this like we have for other issues so those folks get left behind the training and improvement curve have also seen our recruiters not forward qualified applicants because there resumes, letters or social media do not meet the expected formats or footprint. they should think outside the box and take the time to find or ask for the information instead of determining it is to much effort and just dropping them from the recruitment pool. we lose quite of few internal promotion opportunities with that.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Could be a great place to work

Jul 25, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefit package Some departments allow you to work 100% remote Encourage development and upward mobility Company is focused on diversity and contributions to the community and the environment

Cons

Employ Agile Methodology for Projects and stick with it Squash silo mentality amongst groups working towards the same goals Make salary and bonus incentives more competitive in order to reduce turnover Listen to employees responses to GPS Some managers really do care about their employees, but hit hurdles with their managers and HR

Bank of the West Response

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We work extensively to create an environment where contributions are valued and team members are recognized for their work.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 25, 2021 - Cash Management Specialist II in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for advancement, friendly team, good company values

Cons

Compensation could be higher based on experience

Bank of the West Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this topic. There are many factors that determine team member salary increases. Our executive team and Compensation professionals work, in conjunction with BNPP, to carefully set our salary increase targets, while keeping within our operational budget.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Decent Company

Jul 27, 2021 - Relationship Banker in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good to grow your career

Cons

Product are not so competitive

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible Culture, Toxic Atmosphere

Jun 24, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met a few diamonds in the rough environment here. There are some good people within the company, but most are exhausted and worn out. The good ones move on quickly.

Cons

Horrible work environment. They stack up the odds against and bet on you to fail. Every one is working 60+ hours per work and being told it’s never enough. People are praised when they are online made into the night or weekends. Absolutely no work/life balance. It’s discouraged that you even take time to focus on yourself or family. Every person at this company is doing the job of 2-4 people and burning out quickly. It’s unmanageable and the expectations are unrealistic. The leads and senior management spread gossip and lies about you to make themselves look better. They don’t care about anyone but their own self. Good luck making it. If lucky enough to make it through the annual layoffs (they say they never do it then do it every year) that is.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Pretty Good Company

Jul 13, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good as is the immediately vested 6% company match on 401K contributions

Cons

Depending on the Division, management is horrendous. They champion themselves as ahead of the pack in diversity and women managers but that only holds true in the highest roles. In the trenches, women are supervisors while men are managers; and, in departments where the majority of employees are women, men manage the group. They are very out of touch when it comes to women middle managers.

Bank of the West Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We know that people remain engaged when working for strong leaders. Our Talent Development team regularly enrolls leaders in our advanced leadership development programs, to keep improving the skills of our leaders.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

ERG success

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are leading the way in Omaha in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion

Cons

There really are none, period

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people, Too many politics

Jul 21, 2021 - CyberSecurity Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is ok.

Cons

Politics and "playing the game" seems necessary to go anywhere.

Bank of the West Response

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review! We Care about our team members and offer a variety of benefit options which allow our team members the opportunity to tailor plans to meet their individual needs.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,398 Reviews