What people are saying about Bank of the West
Jobs in Finance
With the new merge with Bank of the west to BMO, I am now going to be part of the “Total loss team”. Are there any current employees there that can give some insight on what to expect come September? I am spiffying up my resume just in case. I loved my job and what I did at BOW that I don’t know if it’s worth me staying.
Salary & Compensation
Assistant Vice President
I had final interview with Bank of the West for a Sr.Analyst position in San Jose, and I got a verbal offer from hiring manager. But I have not had a discussion about salary! Their range in JD is from 75-170k. I have no idea how much should I start negotiating from. Maybe midpoint at 122k? Does anyone know compensation structure for Bank of the west? Including bonus and stock if any?
Got a burning question about Bank of the West? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bank of the West employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and time off" (in 142 reviews)
- "The people I worked with were great and they were flexible with my school schedule." (in 125 reviews)
- "easy going company and good work life balance" (in 70 reviews)
- "I have a lot of great coworkers who are sharp and great to be around." (in 39 reviews)
- "Employees are great" (in 27 reviews)
- "Poor management and limited perks" (in 101 reviews)
- "low pay and merit increases" (in 89 reviews)
- "managers have power trips constantly its stress put on you to make your numbers if dont you will be fired" (in 66 reviews)
- "No trainers low salary unorganized" (in 43 reviews)
- "They want you to float between branches and do a lot with no training if you are a person of color" (in 42 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bank of the West and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,916 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Jun 29, 2023Online Banking RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
The leads and t2's were all pretty chill. I miss them a lot.
I never really knew how to do my job until people taught me over time. The training made no sense, the guy who took over my training who was also my manager basically just read the material at us, it made zero sense.... Leads would get annoyed when you called in asking about stuff since you didn't understand. You get callers who are elderly that can take an hour plus to log into an account, and they expect you to complete calls in ten minutes or less. There's no QA team, they give you a QA score but there's never any review or continuous improvement or motivation from your managers to improve you. The only time my manager ever interacted with me was to tell me I failed a QA and make me take a test, or make me do compliance work that teaches you nothing.6
Bank of the West Reviews FAQs
Bank of the West has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,062 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Bank of the West to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
59% of Bank of the West employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bank of the West 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.