Banker's Toolbox Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Banker's Toolbox Chief Executive Officer Wayne Roberts
Wayne Roberts

Pros
  • Fun perks (Free lunch everyday, monthly happy hours, etc) (in 19 reviews)

• Getting to make a difference; able to take on different tasks; free lunch; cool game room, gym access; relaxed dress code; exciting company events (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains (The company is growing fast and has to put systems and processes in place to scale) (in 4 reviews)

• sometimes our free lunch arrives a bit cold :) (in 2 reviews)

1. "High Energy/Winning Spirit"

I have been working at Banker's Toolbox full-time

Pros

People and expertise. Brand new workspace with lunch, food, drinks, game room and open well lit spaces. Accessible, visible and inclusive leadership. Good benefits (Teladoc is awesome). Half of executive team is new and bringing positive ideas.

Cons

Expensive benefits, but good benefits. (See:Teladoc)

Advice to Management

Keep up the spirit of servant leadership brought to the table. Keep encouraging risks and aggressive approaches.

"A+ and getting better!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

I've worked at amazing large companies like Apple, very small software companies of 10-15 people, and now a small-medium size business like Banker's Toolbox that is fast growing. Banker's Toolbox is the perfect mix of a world class company like Apple and the small close knit start up type companies. I truly enjoy the focus that is being placed on becoming the premier brand in our space, attracting top talent, putting out excellent products and results that are enviable in our space, all while keeping the culture fun and work-life balanced.

-Transparent
    -Not bureaucratic
    -Growth
    -Great benefits, perks like free lunch, and good rewards and recognition programs
    -Very quirky. We work hard but NEVER take ourselves too seriously
    -No corporate a-holes
    -Employee focused
    -Real time reviews and feedback
    -Open door policy

Cons

-Trial by fire training for me, but the employee programs are currently being re-worked and becoming world class type programs for on boarding and continuing education.

Advice to Management

Let's keep going on the track you have us on. Love it!

Dec 19, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the kind review. We are pleased but not satisfied in our efforts to build a company everyone wants to join and no one wants to leave. Getting some positive acknowledgement of the efforts ... More

"Good ol boy network"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Good benefits
    lunch each day - to keep you working

Cons

The "good ol boy" network is alive and well at Banker's Toolbox. There is a large difference in the way men are treated and paid as opposed to the women. Recognition for women is verbal while men get the financial rewards.

Advice to Management

You need to pay attention to ALL of your employees not just a select few

Dec 4, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. While I am disappointed in the feedback, I do appreciate you being engaged enough to provide feedback. You raise a concern regarding a very important ... More

"Ain't no holding us down..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Banker's Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very excited about new management, the New C levels are going to take us to new heights.
    Amazing culture, Free lunch every day.
    I enjoy my job, i work with great people

Cons

Still working on getting everyone on the same page.
    lots of odd little systems that only 1 or 2 people know about and use

Advice to Management

Lets work on combining and collaborating so everyone is using the same systems in the same way.
    Don't let the culture fail, lets bring it back.

Aug 14, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Appreciate the feedback and kind words. I agree with your title :) You highlight several areas for improvement and they are on the radar to address. We will absolutely be working to break down ... More

"Openness"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Banker's Toolbox (More than 3 years)

Pros

BKTB has a philosophy of being totally open with their employees. I felt this was very true in many ways. Their monthly company meetings told all, their TV's in house constantly showed what was going on with customer feedback, employee ideas, etc. All managers had an open door policy. And employees were recognized regularly. Any negative items were just as transparent.

Cons

Sometimes if management didn't see things the same way the employee or customer saw it, they would ignore it, rather than try to find a way to get on the same page. Not often, but enough where employees noticed it.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach 100% of the time, not just 95% even. Sometimes you might have to leave your comfort zone behind, but it will be better for the company in the long run.

Aug 14, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking time to comment on your experience at Banker's Toolbox. I appreciate the positive feedback and wish our paths had crossed. Your feedback relates to time prior to my tenure, but I ... More

"Superb people, transparent operation, team mentality"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Banker's Toolbox (More than a year)

Pros

No silos - employees understand that entire company is a unit.

Management respects employees and is transparent; sales, profits, goals regularly, openly shared at company-wide monthly staff meetings

When goals are met, company does something fun as a group as a reward.

Free lunches provided, which encourages people across the company to sit together and associate across teams, including C level folks

Management actively seeks input of employees for areas of improvement

Some very smart people to learn from work there!

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, but when you factor in the perks, it's not far off

Advice to Management

Been too long since I've been there to give informed advice to management

"Changing Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

I worked at Banker's Toolbox (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team Environment, Culture of Change

Cons

Desire to change yet resistant to it and the side effects involved with it.

Aug 14, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

While your comments and feedback were submitted prior to my joining Banker's Toolbox in July, I take it to heart and appreciate you taking time to voice your concerns after you left the company ... More

"Making a difference every day..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Banker's Toolbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We make a difference every day by making tools for our users to help keep their communities safer and get their jobs done. We also make a difference every day of improving the company. Management listens to our suggestions for making improvements and I feel I am a part of something larger.

Cons

Can't think of anything... sometimes our free lunch arrives a bit cold :)

Jan 8, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback. We love hearing from our fellow Penguins!

"Work Hard"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Banker's Toolbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is open to suggestions on how to improve process and procedures. Where big companies have everything established, this one allows for those with the experience to test and implement better, new, and different ways of doing things. "We've always done it that way" is not something that is said here. Instead, openness to change is welcomed and encouraged. This practiced right down to the customers who use the software solutions. They help improve the software to make it a leading tool for the industry niche.

Cons

Not enough manpower in the various departments to keep project load manageable and keep a balanced work and family life. Lots of work...a good problem to have.

Advice to Management

Allow for better metrics to dictate and determine the need for process improvements and additional FTE. Numbers tell the story.

Jan 8, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We pride ourselves on innovation and are happy to hear that you are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table.

11. "Best place I've had the honor to work for!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Banker's Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Banker's Toolbox is by far the best company I've had the opportunity to work for in my 10+ year career. Daniel, the CEO, truly cares about every employee, both personally and professionally. He drives a culture that is unlike anything I've ever seen before. This is one of those places that makes you think... "is this too good to be true??" - Trust me, it's a better work environment then you can imagine! You want to work at Banker's Toolbox - I promise!

Cons

There were no cons at BKTB in my opinion.

Jan 8, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing! We love our employees, they are our greatest asset and make Banker's Toolbox a great place to work.