Bankers Healthcare Group Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.5
Bankers Healthcare Group Chairman/CEO and Co-Founder Albert Crawford
Albert Crawford
Pros
  • "There is an extremely competitive work environment but that does not mean that it is cutthroat(in 12 reviews)

• "Great benefits, full healthcare, 3 weeks PTO to start, 401k, decent base pay, and great opportunities to earn large commission checks monthly(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and working weekends may be required(in 13 reviews)

• "There are no cons of working at BHG for me(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Company!

Nov 9, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Partner in Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Strong leadership, they update the company monthly at least on the state of the state 2. Culture is inclusive and competitive 3. Strong team atmosphere with individual goals 4. Opportunity is limitless if you are willing to work for it

Cons

None at this time, great job!

1 person found this review helpful

Bankers Healthcare Group Response

Thank you for leaving us a positive review! We believe in supporting our employees, and providing competitive compensation and impactful benefits is a crucial part of that. We wish you continued success in your career, even if it isn’t with BHG!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review

May 5, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make lots of money!!!

Cons

No cons. If you can’t put in the work and time finds a sales job elsewhere.

3. 5.0

The Most Successful Company I've Ever Worked For in South Florida

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Miramar, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is very entrepreneurial. My manager and/or I will come up with an idea and he'll let me take the ball and run with it with total trust that I will do a great job. The trick at BHG is not to wait for opportunities to cross your path, but to have a vision of the future and plant the seeds for your own opportunities with foresight and with being proactive.

Cons

The company is growing at a fast pace and hiring has been through the roof. Development teams often get switched around a lot so you will need to adjust to working with different team members and mentoring new team members including working with new team members across other teams.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

A good chance to work with smart and motivated people

Apr 30, 2021 - Data Analyst Intern in Davie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. It's a good opportunity to learn, not only programming, modeling but also some soft skills like communication, and team working. 2. Be able to work closely with mentors, they help me quickly pick up domain knowledge. 3. Loving the company culture, positive, work hard, and play hard. 4. Always have opportunities to work on projects that matter, and learn from the projects.

Cons

The training of the first two weeks is too intense

5. 2.0

Unhealthy Work-Life Balance

Feb 11, 2021 - Individual Contributor in Miramar, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good healthcare plan (100% paid by BHG) - Free mental health counseling (twice a month) - Competitive salary - Top tech stack (MS Teams, Zoom, Workday, Salesforce, etc)

Cons

- Zero work-life balance. You are expected and pressured to work late nights and even weekends. - They preach PMA but all you hear all the time is negativity. - High turnover - Poor communication across the company - Sycophants -Passive aggressive HR

13 people found this review helpful

Bankers Healthcare Group Response

Thank you for providing this feedback. As we continue to grow and scale, improving communication and providing that balance are top of mind for leadership. If you’d like to discuss further, we encourage you to reach out to your PD Business Partner or email us at people@bhg-inc.com.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Non-productive, clicky atmosphere

May 11, 2021 - Not Available in North Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom, Time Off, Benefits, Gifts

Cons

Management- Customer Service is managed by a tyrant who talks poorly about employees to new hires, and ignores you. Talks down to people in group chat setting. Really great environment-not. Atmosphere- Positive mental attitude? Where? Demeaning

7. 5.0

Best place to work

Apr 2, 2021 - Credit Analyst in Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bankers Healthcare Group gives as much as you put in. It is an incredibly rewarding place to be where managers give feedback and invest in your success as an employee. There are many opportunities for growth in all of the teams and the culture allows you to innovate in many different ways.

Cons

The hours can get long and there can be steep learning curves, but BHGs culture is fast paced and delivers excellence in all avenues. If you are not a pacesetter or a runner looking for a position that will challenge you daily, this may not be the place for you.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0

Data and Analytics Internship

Apr 27, 2021 - Data and Analytics Intern in Davie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

An extremely cooperative team that helps you make successful. Interns are considered an integral part of the team and given full attention. Involve you in lots of real-world problems. Major key takeaways from my internship were time management, problem-solving, and team collaboration. Lots of opportunities to grow and no politics in the team.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is too much and if the internship converts to full-time then total compensation including all the benefits is not that good.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company continues to grow!

Apr 20, 2021 - Lead Data Scientist in Davie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of amazing opportunities and wonderful team members to help you learn and grow your career. Proper recognition and rewards are provided to those who help bring about the incredible successes of the company.

Cons

It can be incredibly fast paced at times.

10. 5.0

I love my job!!!

Apr 30, 2021 - Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Flexibility, Opportunity for Growth, Energy, and Excellent Management

Cons

There are no cons of working at BHG

Viewing 1 - 10 of 204 Reviews