Cover image for Banner Health
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Banner Health Employee Reviews about "nurse"

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

81.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Banner Health~11958
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and they are changing the way healthcare is being delivered to their patients(in 260 reviews)
  • "Being hired at Banner Health saved my life.. people first and the people are great!(in 146 reviews)
  • "I had great coworkers and a manager that made themselves available to us for resources and help with issues when they arose.(in 112 reviews)
  • "Great staff and nurses.(in 59 reviews)
  • "They are patient focused and the scheduling is flexible.(in 44 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management tried to transfer and they approved it twice only for it to fall through(in 191 reviews)
  • "pay is low for medical assistants they start office back office medical assistants the same pay rate as medical records with no experience.(in 168 reviews)
  • "An example of management's poor leadership is as follows.(in 53 reviews)
  • "certain upper management give you promises that they know they can not keep.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Low salary when compared to other hospitals in the area.(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "nurse"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Apr 3, 2016 - RN Staff Nurse in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job as a RN. I work with a great team and I have a passion working in the PCU, Tele, and ICU setting. I have plenty of experience working with Neuro patients and I am ready to pursue my career.

Cons

I have no cons working as a registered nurse is a true passion. I am looking to pursue my career as a clinical education specialist. I am working toward a Masters in Nursing education at ASU and I am ready to put my deree to work.

2. 4.0

Dangerous ratios

Sep 9, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Sun City, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great patients. Wonderful hospitalists and cardiologists!! Good pay

Cons

Horrible and dangerous nurse patient ratios. I work in cardiac PCU and the ratio is always 5:1!! They lied at interview saying the ratios are 4:1 with an occasional flex to 5 patients. We deal with cardiac drips, unstable rhythms, post cardiac/thoracic surgery patients. Not safe to have consistent 5 patients. Also, we will be terminated by November 1 if we don’t comply and get Covid vaccine

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and agree that Banner offers a variety of employment options that allow for work life balance. We are happy to have you as an employee.

3. Join the Banner Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Horrible

Sep 2, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing is good about Banner, stay away

Cons

Pay, benefits, changes in management every year, don’t care about employees you just a number, they patient to nurse ratio is unmanageable & unsafe, they say you can make complaints to upper management but when you do your harassed. For being a non profit hospital CEO profit 28 million a year as well as administration make ridiculous amounts while nurses, techs, housekeeper all staff within the hospital walls across the valley suffer

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and great coworkers

Cons

Nurse to patient ratios were high

Sourcing Strategist

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love this job, but it needs more staff.

Apr 11, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working here since August of 2020 and I have loved almost every moment of it. Everyday I get to see or learn something new. The staff is super friendly and the pay is pretty decent.

Cons

The worst part about working here is when they do call outs and understaff our unit. My unit is constantly down a nurse so every other nurse is having to care for more patients.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

7. 3.0

Float team

Sep 30, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Glendale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

One weekend a month. Helpful supervisor.

Cons

Too many patients for one nurse. Low wages.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. . I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunity for advancement

May 19, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Casa Grande, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable work environment. Education provided for acls./bps/pals. Online education tools available for procedures

Cons

Cost of health insurance. Patient to nurse ratio.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great staff and team work but always understaffed

May 28, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work, friendly staff, and flexible scheduling

Cons

The nurses I worked with are great but banner is forever understaffed and always flexing assignments. When new staff are hired it is always new graduates so it seems like by the time a new nurse they hired is getting off orientation another experienced RN is leavng.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are privileged to have you as an employee! We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Below zero

Apr 7, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers tried to do a good job

Cons

Unsafe environment. It is a broken system with no checks and balances for employees. The high patient ratios are dangerous and over and over patient's only received the minimal care. Cerner charting, management was lacking and bullying. I have been a nurse for over 30 years and could not have imagined such a chaotic dangerous environment. Glad that I got out and it has made me appreciate where I work now, more than anything. I heard many co-workers claim "I would never want a family member to come here"...that about sums up my Banner experience.

1 person found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

11. 1.0
    Current Employee

Sep 13, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved all of my coworkers

Cons

never let you use PTO since they are short, poor nurse to patient ratios

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews