KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Banner Health

Engaged Employer

Banner Health

Add a Review

Banner Health Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 98 of over 2,349 reviews

3.5
Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine
Peter S. Fine
Pros
  • "Friendly atmosphere good benefits Good compensation(in 87 reviews)

• "Great benefits in learning advancement(in 73 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A rather large disconnect from upper management to staff(in 55 reviews)

• "Lab management shows no support for employees and has a hands-off, uninformed approach to patient care(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Banner for 8 years. I can say I have always been happy with company. There is ampule opportunity for growth and have always had the resources needed to provide safe patient care.

Cons

The pay is on the low side.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

2. 4.0

Nursing jobs

Dec 22, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers, coworkers, overtime opportunities.

Cons

Need more physician/midlevel support for nurses to improve patient care.

3. 2.0

Phlebotomy

Jan 20, 2021 - Phlebotomist in Glendale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pleasant coworkers and cohesive team experience between departments

Sourcing Strategist

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

4. 3.0

Banner overall okay

Nov 19, 2020 - Administrative Associate in Mesa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are decent. (Not the best) Many locations. Flexible with schedules.

Cons

Pay grade is not that great. I cannot speak for banner as a whole since I’m only in a specialist clinic but wishing my practice it number driven instead of patient care unfortunately not that great of organization and managed poorly.

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lots of Bureaucracy

Jan 19, 2020 - Director of Nursing in Mesa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement and to try different things. Banner is a huge employer is AZ and one can move around a lot and learn new things without having to leave. They give good patient care across the organization and so as a whole tend to be one of the more trusted health systems, which makes working for them nice.

Cons

Banner is a huge organization and it definitely feels that way. Lots of red tape to cut through to get anything done. Nothing happens fast. They executive leaders have a tendency to react emotionally to things, so when things are tight they make short sighted decisions about pay practices and leadership structure. As you move up in the organization one has to worry more and more that they will be laid off when the next budget cut happens. Then when things are good again they just fill the position back up and go back to old pay practices. This creates a lot of anger and anxiety with both front line staff and leadership

2 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

6. 3.0

Average Company

Sep 15, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Longmont, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, the group I work with is great.

Cons

Just like any other medical office, Banner is trying to do as much as they can with their nursing staff, with as few nurses as possible. Results in lower levels of patient care and more burnout of current staff.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a Great Place to Work for HR Professionals

Nov 9, 2019 - Human Resources Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern HR structure Excellent, award-winning patient care fueled by passionate frontline staff and respected nursing leadership Solid intranet and improvements made to workplace technology Modernized dress code

Cons

Ineffective Sr. HR leadership with questionable ethics who lack vision, quality people strategies, and engagement with their own HR team Little to no development for HR employees High HR turnover that isn’t properly addressed. No exit interviews, stay interviews, or focus groups were done within HR during my duration at the company or after I resigned. No meetings with CHRO or Sr. leadership levels about broader HR-specific employee satisfaction survey results and no communication about actions being taken to improve HR’s employee experience Antiquated processes and policies that diminish their pay for performance philosophy and drive away high-performing employees No quarterly webcasts that educate employees about the company’s performance Lack of diversity and inclusion programs that address internal biases Uninvolved CEO. Doesn’t do webcasts for employees or make appearances to show appreciation for people’s work. Most people I spoke to never met him although they’ve worked there for years.

4 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment @bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

People and workers are nice a helpful

Aug 4, 2019 - Patient Transporter
      Business Outlook

Pros

My day goes fast. Patience are for the most part the best part one the job.

Cons

Don't pay enough for the physical work and expectation that you are put under with patient care.

1 person found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

9. 3.0

Room Service

Dec 17, 2018 - RSA in Greeley, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers are nice - Good entry level patient care experience

Cons

- Low wages (unless you’re promoted to a Lead, in which case you’ll make 3-4 dollars more than everyone else even though they’re working as hard and as much as you). Underpaid! Everyone is underpaid! We are struggling and sick of it! - Harassment! So many stories of harassment and nothing happens. I reported someone for harassing me, they’ve also harassed three or four others and been reported but nothing has been done. Nothing. - Poor communication between different areas of the hospital. - High turnover. - Insurance is overpriced and useless since they switched to Aetna - Overworked & understaffed for large periods at a time - Upper management doesn’t care about food service and we are constantly and consistently overlooked for upgrades, the kitchen is falling apart and nobody seems to care - If you like soul-sucking frustration, work at Banner!

4 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team follow up with you.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disappointing

Sep 12, 2019 - Human Resources in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good, hardworking employees who care.

Cons

Horrible Sr. Leadership, lack of vision/direction. Constant layoffs under the guise of “reorganization.” Constant turnover of RN and other direct patient care positions is staggering.

5 people found this review helpful