Cover image for Banner Health
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Banner Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Healthcare

5h

an

Other

I’m going to be vague here so forgive me, but need some opinions. I got a Masters in a specialty and have worked in this specialty for 1 year. I was approached on LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position doing the job I was doing prior to my current specialty. This new opportunity has the potential to be a great stepping stone in my career with a better title and way more money but I feel like I’m taking a step backwards by not using my Masters. Would you stay on the path that you went to school..

4 Comments

Healthcare

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Banner Health~11958
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and they are changing the way healthcare is being delivered to their patients(in 260 reviews)
  • "Being hired at Banner Health saved my life.. people first and the people are great!(in 146 reviews)
  • "I had great coworkers and a manager that made themselves available to us for resources and help with issues when they arose.(in 112 reviews)
  • "Great staff and nurses.(in 59 reviews)
  • "They are patient focused and the scheduling is flexible.(in 44 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management tried to transfer and they approved it twice only for it to fall through(in 191 reviews)
  • "pay is low for medical assistants they start office back office medical assistants the same pay rate as medical records with no experience.(in 168 reviews)
  • "An example of management's poor leadership is as follows.(in 53 reviews)
  • "certain upper management give you promises that they know they can not keep.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Low salary when compared to other hospitals in the area.(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pay more

Sep 26, 2021 - Patient Access Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. And there is always opportunity for overtime.

Cons

Pay, benefits, and upper management .

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Horrible

Sep 2, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing is good about Banner, stay away

Cons

Pay, benefits, changes in management every year, don’t care about employees you just a number, they patient to nurse ratio is unmanageable & unsafe, they say you can make complaints to upper management but when you do your harassed. For being a non profit hospital CEO profit 28 million a year as well as administration make ridiculous amounts while nurses, techs, housekeeper all staff within the hospital walls across the valley suffer

2 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

3. Join the Banner Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Banner Health treats employees like trash

Nov 9, 2021 - Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Would have had a good opportunity to grow and learn if allowed

Cons

Upper management is racist, sexist and treated as if untouchable. Horrible pay for an overload of work. No appreciation for endless tasks. Understaffed. Upper management micro manages even the supervisors. Banner health discipline policy not followed, management just does what they want. HR doesn’t help at all when employees are treated poorly. HR does not listen to employees concerns. Worst HR I’ve ever dealt with. Forced vaccines.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor pay

Nov 8, 2021 - Multimodality Technologist Radiology in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworker & direct management

Cons

Upper management does not review current pay scale for other hospitals with same level of care & volume

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

RN

Jun 7, 2021 - RN Staff Nurse in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork among staff was always great, lower management was understanding and always willing to help when floor was busy

Cons

Compensation was low compared to other nearby hospital systems, no hazard pay for working in COVID units, never saw anybody from upper management on the units

3 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Better than other jobs, but not the best

Nov 20, 2020 - Room Service Associate in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people (mostly) decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Corporate seems to not give a rats at all. All they see is numbers on spreadsheets. I've been going through a lot of mental issues, of which I've communicated to all of my immediate supervisors. While struggling to keep control I have had to call out. I am now one step away from termination due to one such supervisor making things more stressful than they need to be, and apparently hr doesn't give a rats either as they are the ones that allegedly forced my supervisor to make this decision. So if you do want to work here, tread carefully. Upper management is cold and uncaring.

Sourcing Strategist

It is very disappointing to hear this. We would like to address your concerns regarding the issues in your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com. I would like to have someone on the HR team review and follow up with you.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A lot of room for improvement

Jan 11, 2021 - RN Case Manager in Greeley, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits package, opportunities for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Upper management always making decisions based on cost-cutting, instead of patient safety and staff support. Below regional standard for hourly pay in this field.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Eh

Apr 3, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always hiring, good benefits, floor management is good.

Cons

Poor staff to patient ratios and bad upper management.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Banner health

May 5, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff collaboration and team work is excellent.

Cons

A rather large disconnect from upper management to staff.

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for being a Banner Health team member. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

RN

Apr 25, 2016 - Staff RN in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a large company that is well known, lots of innovative equipment and practices. Supportive work environment among staff. Flexible scheduling and good benefits package.

Cons

Monopolizing direction in healthcare--they are becoming a juggernaut and buying out lots of smaller hospitals and clinics. Administration is disconnected from what actually happens in real life, becoming too corporate and seems to be more about the money and politics. I worked there for almost 7 years and when I first started, it felt like your CEO/CNO cared about you. There was a lot of turnover with leaders/upper management and morale became low. There was a pay freeze for 2-3 years, and yet, managers were forced to demand more from their nurses, without being able to give any incentive/reward. Felt like it was going downhill when I left in 2013, and I hear the same from friends that still work there or ended up leaving also.

11 people found this review helpful