Baptist Health (Arkansas) Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2019

Found 12 reviews

3.6
Russ Harrington Jr.

"Stable employment, multiple opportunities for advancement."

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Variety of jobs available, don't feel stuck in one spot. This facility is like a community. There are many opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.

Cons

Staffing sometimes is low. This is not unique to this facility, but occurs in many organizations. If you are unhappy in a position it's easy to move.

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue more staffing solutions

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2017-02-16
  2. "Good hospital with great values"

Former Employee - Emergency Department RN

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time

Pros

Nice hospital to work at, friendly employees that are helpful with a wealth of knowledge

Cons

Need more staff, like everywhere

Advice to Management

No advice, I had a great supervisor Bobbie Walker RN

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2019-06-12
    • "Great people. Poor management."

Current Employee - RN II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved my coworkers. Benefits were good. Yearly raises were nice.

Cons

Management expected the impossible. Bumped our PTO down. Favoritism was often a problem.

Advice to Management

Patient satisfaction starts with happy nurses. Don’t treat us like we’re expendable and we will for sure exceed your expectations.

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2019-02-06
    • "I am pleased with my experience at Baptist"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large community of nurses at a private practice hospital who are valued but not paid more than average

Cons

Pay should be more competitive

Advice to Management

Consider additional perks or pay increases

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2018-12-02

"New Grad RN"

Former Employee - New Grad RN in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

Great benefits for new grads and they offered raises at the end of your first year. They also provided tuition reimbursement which was a plus!

Cons

Gossiping co-workers and supervisors. No team work. Always short staffed. New nurses placed with terrible preceptors! Nurses have a max load of patients 6-7 with 2-3 admissions throughout the night. The RN resident contract is a bunch of crap. If you quit or get fired you have to pay them $5000 in full to.come back or they will put it in collections. They are racist as far as co-workers. They make a lot of racial.slurs...

Advice to Management

You need better preceptors for new nurses. The gossiping needs to stop; it's very unprofessional. You need to hire more full time workers instead of agency nurses. Quit giving nurses especially new ones the max patient load. The supervisors need to quit showing favortism to certain nurses and telling private employee business to staff members. HR is absent and needs to so a better job at recruiting.

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2016-10-01

"Registered nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

Baptist Healthcare in North Little Rock Arkansas is a great place to work. I was contracted through Centra Healthcare as a registered nurse and it was a pleasant experience. We had block scheduling therefore I could plan ahead for days off. The work load was pretty typical, most staff was helpful, equipment was up to date.

Cons

I worked in the pool so I never knew what floor I would be working on. Some were defiantly better than others. I wouldn't work in the pool again. If I'm offered another contract there I will hope for permanent placement on 1A. The nurses there are awesome!

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management. Every facility has a few 'snarky' staff. If management everywhere could figure out how to weed out those types and still maintain the needed number of staff, nursing would be a much nicer profession

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2016-08-10
    • "I wish that I had NEVER worked here"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time

Pros

Only if you need a job really bad! The pay and training are substandard, and if you are a new nurse the residency program is a total joke.

Cons

Unsafe nurse to patient ratio, Incompetent supervisor, inadequate training, low pay, Advanced nursing degrees not apprecaited or compensated. Also, tuition reimbursement is minimal.

Advice to Management

Please consider hiring some unit supervisors who understand what leadership and management means, maybe require them to have at least a BSN

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2015-06-14
    • "Could've been a great place to work, management is only worried abt keeping unit costs low so that they look competent."

Former Employee - Staff RN in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a decent food court, but not as good as SVI.

Cons

unsafe pt:nurse ratio, managers dont care. Asked for more learning opportunities to better pt care, reprimanded for this!

Advice to Management

If you cant handle helping out on YOUR floor for 2 two hours let alone 12, you shouldnt be in charge of this floor...His entire pt load of 3, yes 3, when it is usually 5 or 6:1 was infuriated, got horrible care and made multiple complaints..It was unreal when i had to tell them that the person they needed to complain to was the person taking "care" of them.. Baptist NLR is a joke!!

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2014-10-07
    • "Overall good experience with Baptist"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional environment and most of the doctors were good to work with. Never really had anyone give me a hard time about anything. Pay is decent but on the lower side. They opted for the better charting system compared to other local hospitals.

Cons

Better benefits at other hospitals in the area. Staffing was an issue at times. Outdated equipment.

Advice to Management

Update equipment and try to to be a cheap on patient care supplies.

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2014-06-11

"I'd rather die than work there again, and no I'm not a disgruntled ex-employee. I'm a human with a back bone."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sherwood, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent insurance, crappy to no bonus, a few good nurses.

Cons

Management gives not 2 cents about their staff, upper level management will side with manager even when half the staff makes formal complaints over and over and over again. They are the reason I'm getting out of nursing. They make people want to go postal!!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. From Practice Plus to the Big wigs at Big Baptist, you do not deserve to be in such leadership rolls playing games with people's livelihood and threatening their jobs if they don't conform to your messed up leadership.

Baptist Health (Arkansas)2013-12-07