Baptist Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mark Faulkner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great culture for team members and amazing care for our patients (in 6 reviews)

• good benefits program, good team mates (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Below average pay for the amount of work that you do (in 3 reviews)

• The IT department did not understand that healthcare is a 24/7 job and would always give everyone crap if they were called in after hours (in 2 reviews)

1. "Cardiac and Stroke Unit"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working at Baptist Hospital. Approximately 330 beds. Kind staff and management.

Cons

No holiday or weekend pay

2. "Meh"

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time

Pros

Mostly good clinicians working with and around you

Cons

Bureaucracy and mediocre management. Customer is always right attitude.

3. "unit Secretary"

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the benefits are amazing and the perks you receive for working within the hospital are amazing

Cons

Management needs a great turn around because so many are stuck in their ways causing discouragement.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know all your employers and dont show favoritism

4. "Beware - no loyalty to employees, high turnover, toxic culture in some departments, so-so benefits"

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organization recruits caring clinical staff and professional staff but then leaders treat poorly so they leave.

Cons

Run down buildings with floors that frequently leak after storms; profess great culture but then realize it isn't followed; fire people that have been there for years with no warning and turnover runs high due to poor department leadership; don't pay holidays or PTO once you submit resignation and cut off healthcare on last day; low copays in their network but specialists booked way out so end up with high copays for outside their network. Salaried workers have low work life balance.

Advice to Management

Clean house of senior department managers, follow normal HR procedures vs. abrupt firing that makes departments walk on eggshells wondering if they are next, police managers and leaders to make sure they abide by the culture and respect your employees.

"My home away from home"

Current Employee - Nursing Administration in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Nursing Administration in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

During my almost 6 years at Baptist I have been privileged to work with some of the smartest, most caring and compassionate nurse, techs, physicians and ancillary staff that I have ever encountered in my 16 years as a nurse.

Willing to take into account your family needs when scheduling.

Reasonable benefits with added savings for participating in Healthy Lives.

Approachable manager that is always willing to hear concerns and help facilitate change to better benefit staff and patients.

Competitive pay

Excellent communication from my manager about any changes that may be coming, including weekly communications via email with all details of the prior week and monthly staff meetings that is an open forum for suggestions and concerns.

Positive feed back for a job well done.

No forced overtime but it is available if you want it.

Opportunities for personal and professional development.

Constantly looking to bring in new physicians of all specialties and new and improved technology to help us provide the best care to our patients.

Recent turnover in leadership is bringing many positive changes and accountability that wasn't there before.

Increase in the focus of recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff for all areas.

Progressive renovations to update the hospital.

Recent purchase of new state of the art medical equipment for all of the patient care areas.

I am very proud to be a Baptist Employee. I am very encouraged by recent changes and the focus that is now being placed on the staff and providing the necessary tools to provide our patients the best care.

Cons

FMLA benefit is inadequate.

Not in the best area but the hospital provides security officers 24/7 on site as well as local law enforcement on site at night time.

Tuition assistance/ reimbursement is low

While we do have good insurance, our copays can be expensive for ER and specialties.

High prices in the cafeteria despite the discount.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on recruitment and retention. Recognize your long term employees. Provide incentive for critical need and holidays. Communicate important information and changes quickly. Always be honest even when change may have a negative impact on someone. Be approachable and listen when we come with valid suggestions and/or concerns. Give praise when it is deserved. Keep moving in the direction you've been moving for the last few months! I see evident improvements in moral!

6. "Analyst"

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time

Pros

Good culture as far as patient care goes.

Cons

Raises are very few and far between.

Advice to Management

Consider internal employees for new team positions before going outide of the organization.

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Supporting an awesome mission. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

PARKING, some "well, we have always done it that way" attitude

Advice to Management

Lead by example, work on transparency

8. "Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Baptist Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Baptist Healthcare has great employees. They are passionate about their jobs and taking care of their patients.

Cons

Local hospital which limits resources. Minimal investment in tuition reimbursement (may or may not receive). HR department is poorly managed and staff are rude. Benefits cut consistently year over year and changes are poorly communicated to staff. People are not appreciated. Minimal opportunity for development.

Advice to Management

Clean out some of your leadership. Invest in their development or recognize that some are not the right fit for their roles.

9. "Overall an strong organization"

I have been working at Baptist Health Care full-time

Pros

Great benefits and health plans, strong sense of community

Cons

Nepotism evident in some departments; advancement opportunities scarce

Advice to Management

Improve communication to your staff; increase transparency surrounding framework; deploy stronger change management efforts in professional departments

10. "Behind the game"

Former Employee - Referral Coordinator in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Referral Coordinator in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Baptist Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts at many local and national retailers, room for advancement within the organization after a year of employment, discounts in cafe

Cons

Below average pay and benefits, too many office politics, lots of hypocrisy within management, training program is ridiculous, unstructured chain of command, not the place to be if you're looking to advance your career

Advice to Management

Have a better management structure and training for managers. Ensure all policies are actually being followed and not selectively chosen based on employee.