Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville Reviews | Glassdoor

Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville CEO A. Hugh Greene
A. Hugh Greene

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay, incentives, drama, career growth, job requirements" (in 2 reviews)

• "The work load and pay do not match at all" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to start a nursing career and receive proper training."

Former Employee - New Grad Registered Nurse in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - New Grad Registered Nurse in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great nursing residency program and training workshops. Wonderful benefits and insurance. Allowed to have different job titles within the company. Many locations to work whether primary care or hospitals.

Cons

It is a huge organization so there would be a lower pay rate but makes up in benefits. Nurse ratio like anywhere else can be high but manageable.

2. "Currently content, enjoy my job and profession."

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my coworkers; we help each other and treat each other with respect on my unit. It is a friendly hospital and the manager's try to meet the staff's needs, despite the pressure of running a unit. Diverse work force. Opportunity to earn extra pay for certification and bachelor degree. Education is valued and tuition assistance is available. The company is solvent and expanding. Publix store gift cards are given at Thanksgiving, love the "turkey" tradition!

Cons

Yearly salary increases are the bare minimum. Holiday pay for two days: Christmas day and Thanksgiving day for day shift. Holiday's are short staffed because there is no incentive. Salaries lag just below average. They make market adjustments, but pay is still below average by the time they are implemented. Insurance has decreased in value, but is adequate if your healthy. No union representation. Off campus parking for most staff. When the census is decreased, staff are sent home. Fellow experienced RNs and ACPs leave for jump in pay, which is sad.

Advice to Management

Please contract with a better quality food service company for the cafeteria! It a good sign that you value the employees. (Ask Mayo Clinic who they use.) The employee's are looking forward to being able to park on campus again, hope you are planning for the team members. Holiday's are short staffed and the patient's notice. Short staffing is unsafe in general.

3. "Ok"

I have been working at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time

Pros

Good people, good equipment, convienient location

Cons

Bad management, overworked under paid

4. "PAS II"

Current Employee - PAS II in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - PAS II in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location, smaller entity, family oriented

Cons

Low pay, incentives, drama, career growth, job requirements

5. "Overall a good hospital"

Current Employee - Food Service Associate
    Current Employee - Food Service Associate

Pros

Good work environment, depending on your department
    Variety of benefits

Cons

Working in the food and nutrition department is absolute chaos right now

Advice to Management

Substantial changes should be made to the food and nutrition department

6. "Worst hospital to work"

I worked at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well known in jax fl

Cons

Too much hypocrisy. I have always worked in the hospital setting for more than 30 years. Baptistjax is by far the worst one I have ever worked. The doctors, my manager and bosses the worse I have ever come across. As an outreach employee....there is no backbone or support for the staff. Constantly working and not a second to stop and take a sip of water. When you go to restroom seems like you disappeared. If you need a little down time then they need coverage for you. In fact just consider yourself not a human being. They treat you like trash even in the presence of the patients. I have wept and most miserable at this job. Thanks to heaven I found an exit to this horrific place of work. I have always enjoyed my place of work....until I joined Baptist outreach.

Advice to Management

Please care for the outreach staff too.

7. "Beach Location"

Current Employee - Anm in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anm in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I have been working at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

small community hospital.
    Feels like a family

Cons

Multiple CNO in the last 9 years

8. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fernandina Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fernandina Beach, FL

Pros

Close to home. Enjoyable patient population.

Cons

Mangement in our facility doesn't interact well with employees. We are talked down to if we don't 100% agree with things as they are being done. They have also been know to play favorites. They only know how to give negative feedback. Benefits could be better. You have to use your PTO time for bereavement, etc.

Advice to Management

Do not just come to us when there is something wrong. We are professionals. Please don't "loose your cool" if we have a comment or suggestion. After all, we are on the front lines.

"staff nurse"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Really nice co-workers, non profit, good community presence.

Cons

Tight as can be. Baptist claims to be the dominant hospital in Jax, so sets the wage low, really low...

Advice to Management

Top heavy, too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Lots of inane "flavor of the month" changes, not enough attention and money dedicated to front line care providers and the equipment that needs to function so that they can continue doing an already stressful, resource depleted job. For all of the company propaganda, Baptist, put your money where your mouth is...after all, moneytalks, guess what walks?

10. "Could take better care of employees"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant

I have been working at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to pick up many opportunities, but that's because so many floors are short staffed

Cons

High acuity patients, up to 12 patients, and do not get nearly enough for the back breaking work. Heard they got rid of a CNA on each floor to build new towers. Working on an incredibly hard floor, it was a mistake to cut one from EVERY floor.

Advice to Management

Could respond and take better care of night shift staff.