Barbaricum Reviews | Glassdoor

Barbaricum Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2019

Found 12 reviews

4.8
Barbaricum CEO Brandon Bloodworth, Scott Feldmayer (no image)
Brandon Bloodworth, Scott Feldmayer
  1. "HR Training and Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Human Resources Training and Development Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Barbaricum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming, accommodating, great compensation and benefits plan, fun people, great environment, leadership and HR is amazing. I loved working with BBCM.

Cons

Parking and location to customer site.

Advice to Management

Keep the morale high. You guys already do a fantastic job. This is the only organization that I enjoyed working for.

Barbaricum2018-11-16
  2. "Great culture, okay pay, standard benefits"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Barbaricum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personalities of most staff. Management attentiveness.

Cons

Pay is okay, not as competitive as company seems to think. Staff on some projects are expected to work overtime w/o compensation.

Barbaricum2019-03-04
  3. "Quality leadership, great culture"

I have been working at Barbaricum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality leadership team which has a clear direction for the future and trust's team members to make the most of opportunities.

Cons

No cons come to mind

Barbaricum2018-09-16
  4. "Business Development Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Barbaricum

Pros

I worked at Barbaricum in summer 2018 and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I came into the position with no prior knowledge in Government contracting, but everyone that I worked with was willing to help me and answer any questions I had along the way. The business development team is very knowledgeable and are experts in their field, but most importantly, they are the reason why I looked forward to coming to... work every day. I have gained a lot of valuable experience writing, editing and researching for the contracts and I will apply everything I have learned at Barbaricum to my career. I am very proud to have worked at Barbaricum and I am thankful for everyone that I met.

Cons

The only con that I had during my internship was my commute, but it was still worth it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work at Barbaricum and keep up the great work!

Barbaricum2018-08-22
  5. "Innovative Approach to Government Contracting"

Current Contractor - Vice President - Technology in Washington, DC

I have been working at Barbaricum for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment and communal atmosphere. Management is dedicated to their partners and employees as well as embracing innovation. Their location is great and they are nothing like the typical government services company.

Cons

Some aspects of the work can be monotonous at times which is probably typical for government contracting.

Advice to Management

Not much to add. They are growing very rapidly so cohesiveness can be somewhat challenging.

Barbaricum2018-03-07
  6. "Dynamic Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Barbaricum

Pros

Dynamic company that has grown rapidly out of the small business category. The leadership consistently demonstrates the positive value they place on each employee. Voted one of the best places to work in DC.

Cons

The company does a good job at keeping off-site (client site) employees connected and informed, but this is always challenging. This is no different from any large or small company, of course.

Barbaricum2018-01-16

"Solid Company, Navigating Transition from Small to Large"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Barbaricum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Barbaricum is growing fast and winning new contracts regularly. They really care about retaining staff whenever possible and placing them where support is needed throughout the company. Career development exists but the employee really needs to pursue it and be proactive in order for the company to engage. Access to senior leadership is always there and there are multiple hosted party's and company happy hours... throughout the year. Overall, initiative and leadership is greatly valued. Work-life balance is very good.

Cons

Biggest con is a less than robust HR department. There is no structured progression through the ranks as with other contracting companies. Many personnel actions are conducted ad-hoc as needed and responsiveness from HQ can be very slow for HR related questions or concerns. The benefits package is adequate but not outstanding.

Advice to Management

A full time HR Director to help administratively manage the employees and to keep pace with the company's growth.

Barbaricum2017-02-23

"Great Company to work with"

I worked at Barbaricum full-time

Pros

I worked with Barbaricum as an analyst and it was a great experience. I received a lot of support and guidance from the leadership team.

Cons

Long work hours because the early shift started at 3am from home, but you still had to be at the office by 9am and work until 3pm at least.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible

Barbaricum2015-08-05
  9. "An innovative and fast-growing consulting company."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Barbaricum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, hands-off management approach, decent salaries, great benefits.

Cons

Long term job stability. Difficult to transition within the company.

Advice to Management

Create a clearer pipeline of job growth.

Barbaricum2015-03-13
  10. "Small, agile services to tailor solutions"

Former Employee - Energy Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Barbaricum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Barbaricum is one of the few companies I have worked for that actually takes the time to understand the culture of the organization it supports, as opposed to trying to impose its culture, solutions, and will upon the client. The goal is to seek out and truly understand the problem from numerous vantage points, then recommend strategies to solve the problem. BBCM trusts the personnel in these positions of... influence to be proactive, engaging, and requiring minimal supervision from internal and client management. For the most part, they seek employees with ideas and motivation over cookie-cutter job experience.

Cons

Very few. In an organization of less than 100, once cannot expect promotions, but instead the flexibility to grow and influence their own projects.

Barbaricum2014-10-02