Barclays Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lead Risk Analyst"

Former Employee - Lead Risk Analyst in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Lead Risk Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. Company will provide ergonomic equipment if you complete all requirements.

Cons

Extremely demanding and stressful. No work life balance. Management is removed from reality.

Advice to Management

Add value. Don't just bluster, make promises and pass the buck. Reduce extracurricular citizenship requirements.

2. "Change Programme Manager"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Barclays as a contractor

Pros

Location and facilities are good

Cons

Restructuring and lack of guidance or the ability to look at projects holistically impedes efficiency in this organisation

3. "Bad Place to work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Noida (India)

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cab Facilities,
    Meal facility,
    Brand,
    Manager first organisation

Cons

1) I would not suggest to join the company. For girls very bad environment.
    2) Managers are everything, Employees other than managers are nothing for the organisation and for managers.
    3) Because managers have lots of power that's why monopoly of managers have been created.
    4) A manger can do anything with other employees of lower post. The managers forces to do night shift especially for girls.
    5) Very bad environment has been created by some managers.
    6) Managers forces pregnant ladies to do night shift.
    7) Cab facilities are also not good.
    8) Meal quality is very bad.
    9) Salary pay is very low.
    10) No life balance
    11) Difficult to take leaves
    12) Play with employees career

Advice to Management

Employees are leaving your organisation due to your bad management. Please shut your company. Please do not play with employees career.

"Awful environment, horrible to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Collections Agent in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Collections Agent in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Barclays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I literally can't think of any.

Cons

This is a horrible place to work, they totally mislead new starters with an enjoyable training period of 4 - 6 weeks where staff get over hour long lunch breaks and early finishes. The training in itself is a joke and is treated as such where you play hangman in the classrooms and spend pretty much a full week doing pointless icebreakers. The classroom training is supposed to last 4 weeks but it dragged on for 6 weeks as they had problems getting our passwords and us set up on the systems.

Once you are out on the floor you are pretty much in the lions den, the floorwalkers and managers seem irritated when you ask for help.....I'm not sure what they expect when you've literally just gone on the phones. The sheer number of systems is horrendous, I have never worked in a role where you need 6 systems to do just one role.

You get told off if you talk in available time, I think they would prefer for you to sit in silence. I understand that this is a bank but surely your staff should be allowed to act like human beings.

Advice to Management

Don't mislead with the fluffy training period - and in that training period there are too many pointless icebreakers. People should be call listening and getting used to navigating the systems. Who actually needs to play hang man for 2 hours of a day in training?

5. "If you want to work, not play politics and have healthy not ugly competition this is not the company for you."

Former Employee - ETL Developer in Pune City (India)
    Former Employee - ETL Developer in Pune City (India)

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On salary is good on an average

Cons

The senior management asked me for sexual favours to which i denied. Then i thought it was over because i was moved to another department thats when they gave me more hike so i decided to leave barclays. When that happened they haD ways to harass me mentally. They asked everyone to stop talking to me and created a hostile environment spreading stuff about my sexual life. All rumours everywhere. Thats what they did to me and made everyone on the floor to stare at me upside down. I tried to go to the HR but it was in vain and i was threatened that my name will be ruined even in the next dept if i raised a voice by the VP and no one paid no heed to my says. So eventually i only left barclays else i would have had to give them sexual favours. Even girls and ladies are involved in these acts in BIIS department which now merged into barclaycard. Other pcb departments are good. I am so scared by the whole incident that i declined offers i got from other companys and now sitting at home and opening my own company.

Advice to Management

Removal of management layer that asks for sexual favours and has set that trend should be done.

6. "horrible company"

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the employees are the only good part

Cons

the managers only care about themselves and no one else. they will place blame for things on those considered replaceable even if it is another manager

Advice to Management

get your priorities straight and stop treating everyone like they are a number

7. "risk anlayst"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Barclays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

hands on role; no pros; unhealthy environment

Cons

very little respect to employee; long onboarding process; very little support from management

Barclays Response

Aug 18, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

That is a very disappointing review to read, definitely not the culture and environment we want to create for our colleagues. Your comments would suggest that you have not found the right team to be... More

8. "Poor culture...in the private bank."

Former Employee - Banker in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Banker in London, England (UK)

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays above average if you generate the fees from the clients.

Cons

Political. Not meritocratic. Puts budgets and targets above all else. Churn of management. Directionless. Culture issues. You're a number. The clients are numbers. Better options out there.

Advice to Management

Place higher value on values. Support staff, support clients. Put an end to politicians that operate through the spine of your business. Sort culture. Out with old, in with the new.

9. "Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Barclays full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay your salary on time.

Cons

They do not support their staff, there isn't a career path unless your face fits ! They control in a negative way! Big Brother!!! - they intimidate & bully staff!!!

Advice to Management

!!!!!!!!!!!! - they do not listen anyway they just go through the motions!!

10. "Community banker"

Former Employee - Community Banker in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Community Banker in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at Barclays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros for this branch at all

Cons

Well where can i start. If there was a minus rating i would give that. What an awful branch to work for. My upmost stressful and intimidating role at Walsall Park Street.
    Segregation of staff members- where certain colours were favoured.
    Higher staff thinking they could leave earlier than most staff working. Leaving staff to remain until late evenings , ie. 7-8pm.
    Poor support or even no support at all, would sit at the back and gossip about love lives, on facebook. Were spoken about behind your backs and given stupid face reactions. No career progression. I would never ever recommend this job to anyone. Awful awful branch!!

Advice to Management

Get a job you actually know how to do. :)

Showing 404 of 4,434 reviews