Bard Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy M. Ring

1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Covington, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Covington, GA

I worked at Bard Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

High Turnover . Most jobs are contract jobs which doesn't last long.

"Great Company- Terrible "Managers""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I worked at Bard Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good, including on site gym, awesome cafe, good pay, beautiful facility

Cons

Devious local HR, manager plays favorites, director is oblivious, bosses on both sales and marketing sides. Work is like going to high school everyday with "mean girls" running the show.

Advice to Management

Bard Care is the "Hotel California:. You can check-in but you can never leave. Promotions to other sections? Forget it. Lateral move request? You're out!

"Interesting"

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Clinical Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Bard Medical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel, interaction with hcp, great colleagues, they believe in a work hard play hard culture. Sales appreciates the clinical aspect tremendously.

Cons

Lack of leadership, too many non tenured in leadership, while advancement is great it comes with a price when those in charge are insecure about those they manage and want employees who only say yes.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about yourselves and focus on the team.

"Stay away, do not get sucked in."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

Pros

Salary is decent, benefits are good. That is it for the pros, but I need twenty words to fulfill the minimum.

Cons

Way way too much work and no process documentation in Supply Chain to train with. Everyday is a new adventure in learning how bad the process' are and how much manual work is done to compensate for it. Forget about having a life out of work, I work every night until 9 or 10 just to barely keep up. They are interviewing for positions in Covington now, they will say what they know you want to hear to suck people in. Be smarter than the rest of us, say no.

Advice to Management

It is not always everyone else's fault. You as management are primarily responsible for the current situation you are in. Take responsibility instead of covering your own butt.

"Bard"

I have been working at Bard Medical full-time

Pros

Great benefits, try for work life balance. Is a long time, established company with good financial controls

Cons

Slow to move, very busy and many competing priorities and projects at the same time

"Great for medical device experience, poor for career growth"

Former Employee - Product Labeling in Covington, GA
    Former Employee - Product Labeling in Covington, GA

I worked at Bard Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well established medical device company. Wide variety of products to gain experience of. Decent benefits and vacation leave policy- comparable to many companies

Cons

Low staff, high workload. Poor history of promoting within. Good old boy culture. Salaries poor compared to similar companies in metro area

Advice to Management

Be respectful to all level of employees

"Office Space"

I have been working at Bard Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their PTO/vacation policy for salaried employees is excellent. In my first year, I got 3 weeks paid vacation, and I don't have to use any of it for appointments, sick days, sick kid days, etc. I can even take half-days off without using PTO; they only keep track of full days. Work/life balance is about the only positive thing I can say about them. However, that does go out the window if you're a manager - my bosses typically work 50-60hr weeks, minimum. They never get to use that great vacation policy or see their families.

Cons

It often feels like it is straight out of the movie Office Space. Corporate/Division management do not care about you - they specifically refer to people as "resources" or "heads" so that "it's easier when we have to lay people off". It is nearly impossible to actually get work done, due to an onerous approvals process and too many layers of management. Throughout the company, the culture is that people will avoid responding to your emails/calls unless you CC: their boss/colleagues into the conversation. Also be aware they are prone to shutting down manufacturing sites and shipping the jobs across the border, so there isn't much job security.

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I worked at Bard Medical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the reasons to work at Bard is to get some experience.

Cons

A downside for working at Bard in my opinion is the unbalanced opportunities to qualified workers and leadership not following through with confidential complaints. They call or coin complaints hearsay.

Advice to Management

In my opinion upper Management needs to respect all employees.

10. "Great Work Culture"

Pros

Great people, wonderful culture, great learning experience

Cons

Location is a little far out of the city

"independent thinkers steer clear"

I have been working at Bard Medical full-time

Pros

Great health benefits. If you are working under the right manager, it's is a good place to work. The engineers from associates to seniors are very knowledgeable and willing to assist you through any questions.

Cons

Office politics are really bad. You have to watch what you say to around certain people. If you think you have a good idea management likes to shun it then present it to you later as if was there idea. Promotions... They like to hire from outside the company for that.

Advice to Management

Good managers can make a bad employee good but a bad manager will make a good employee bad