Bare International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Dale Bare / Mike Bare

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover of employees because of the average age of people, the noise is sometimes distracting, nothing big though (in 2 reviews)

• There is no time for remedial training (in 2 reviews)

"Family Environment & Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Bare International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture: very "family-oriented" as everyone is a team player and genuinely cares about each other (one person's success is everyone's success); supervisors are invested in professional growth which leads to increase in opportunities (ex. several Directors started as individual Project Managers and worked their way up); down-to-earth executives are business-focused without being oblivious to the rest of the team

Cons

No true cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Bare is full of happy, tenured colleagues who work hard and well as a team. Management is doing something right as I continue to see the effort in retaining and growing with hard working, solutions-focused, and caring individuals.

2. "Resource Manager"

I have been working at Bare International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home opportunity available. No overtime paid. One giant ponzi scheme.

Cons

They are a fraud company. The company is one big ponzi scheme but were the employees are the pons. You will be hired, lied to on the phone and then you will be kept on board to do a lot of work during your 60 days, once you hit the time to get lawful benefits you are cut off and fired for no reason.

The employer will create a fake issue and then fire you based on nothing.

So even if you take the job. Be on the watch out. Also, when they remotely access your laptop make sure you know what they are doing. They are the worst company, I've ever worked for. But as they say , the evils deeds that men do live after then. :)

3. "Sales specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Bare International (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, good team work.

Cons

No pay for Over-time. No life-work balance.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

"Beware of Bare International"

Former Employee - Resource Manager
    Former Employee - Resource Manager

I worked at Bare International full-time

Pros

No pro's for this company

Cons

When starting at Bare International I was extremely excited to start however it turned out to be my worst career experience. No proper on boarding or training, poor benefits and false information was provided by HR. The pay is very low for the work you do and they are very disorganized. After being emotionally stressed due to my condescending supervisor I wrote a letter of resignation to the company. After applying to other jobs after leaving Bare International, prospective employers brought to my attention the negative false accusations the company was providing. They first said I was terminated, which is false as I have my letter of resignation stating the that I would be resigning from my AT WILL CONTRACT. They also stated that I was only employed for two months which is incorrect as I have pay stubs and bank statements stating I was employed longer than two months. Luckily I provided my prospective employers with this information to show that the statements provided by Bare were complete slander and defamation. To have these statements made by a company I worked hard for is extremely unprofessional and disturbing. Thankfully I have met with an employment rights attorney who will help me in correcting this situation and this companies code of ethics.

"Independent Contractors"

I worked at Bare International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's great that the Evaluators, also know as Independent Contractors (IC), are having overall positive experiences with BARE as the company is a good MSP.

Cons

A lot of the reviews on Glassdoor are being made by Independent Contractors who do not actually work for BARE and therefore are not employees and have no true knowledge of the work environment or management (good or bad). As a result, the ratings are skewed.

Advice to Management

Management is good overall. However, HR likes to respond to "negative" assessments; likewise, they should be honest and let everyone know that IC's have created a lot of their reviews and not BARE employees.

6. "Good for making extra money, but no longterm prospects for Editors."

Former Employee - Copy Editor in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Copy Editor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Bare International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in hours
    Ability to work from home

Cons

Unstable income - monthly pay changes, depending on available projects

Advice to Management

Use one format for assigning projects to editors. Don't switch between standards.

Dec 7, 2015 – Director of Global HR

Hello and thank you for your feedback! You're right in saying that workloads for independent contract editors can definitely fluctuate...which tends to be the nature of contract work in general... More

"Nice place to work"

Pros

Hours are reasonable, staff is very professional, friendly and helpful.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Nov 30, 2015 – Director of Global HR

Thank you so much for your positive review!

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Projeft Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Projeft Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Bare International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility - work from home option, rollover PTO hours, choose your own schedule.

Cons

Minimal room for growth. Mediocre pay. Limited holidays.

Advice to Management

If you want to increase morale, listen to the feedback that you receive from your employees in surveys. There is a lot that can be improved upon.

Dec 7, 2015 – Director of Global HR

Hello and thank you for your review! Feedback from our annual employee surveys has resulted in the formation of an Employee Engagement Committee (you say you’re in Fairfax so I believe you’re... More

"Shopper"

Current Employee - Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Contractor in New York, NY

Pros

Could be nice little pocket change- If they were on the up and up.

Cons

Between guidelines, instructions and scheduler's email instructions there had been contradictions. After working 20 plus shops and becoming familiar with the routine, suddenly the contradictions (especially from schedule's email) gave them the excuse NOT TO PAID YOU for completed shops AND NOT REIMBURSE YOU FOR YOUR EXPENSES THAT YOU HAD TO PAY ON YOUR OWN- in order to complete the shops. Yes, even though you followed the scheduler's instruction it will still be counted as a mistake and you will not be paid or reimbursed for your expenses. How is that for a job? Not only are you working for free, you also use your own money to pay for the items and all the expenses of sending it out to a recipient of their choice.. NOT GETTING PAID FOR YOUR WORK and NOT GETTING REIMBURSED FOR EXPENSES is a STRONG NEGATIVE! Shopper's Beware!

Advice to Management

Your reputation of discarding your Contractors, by not paying them is spreading.
     It is best to set a limit on the shops per Contractor instead of stealing from your Contractors so they will quit in disgust. Higher level of management need to make proactive changes to bring about any substantial improvement.

10. "Good Part Time Work For College Students"

Pros

You Makes Your Own Hours

Cons

Minimal Pay, High Volume Of Assignments