Barghausen Consulting Engineers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kent, WA

I have been working at Barghausen Consulting Engineers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Great Clients and interesting work, Flexibility, benefits, great opportunities for career progression, good work-life balance.

Cons

There could be more structure or communication from upper management, but with a little initiative this isn't an issue.

2. "Billing coordinator"

I worked at Barghausen Consulting Engineers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great people

Cons

I don't have any to name.

"Very Happy Here!"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Barghausen Consulting Engineers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee at BCE for 2 yr's. I came from a small firm, but have also worked previously for large nationwide firms. I am very happy with my decision to come work for BCE. I would recommend other engineers who are unhappy in their current companies to come over and see what we have to offer.

A few factors that stand out for me:

Opportunity for growth
    A lot of companies like to throw this out, but rarely do they take actual action to back it up. I can say from personal experience, I have learned and grown in my skills and knowledge here at BCE. Why would a company hold back employees? Who knows? It is beneficial for both the company and the employee to grow and be able to take on more responsibilities.

Management
    I can speak to my immediate supervisor and my Senior Project Engineer. I feel supported, appreciated, and have open communication with both. I regularly receive positive feedback and appreciation for my efforts and hard work. I know this is not typical for most companies, and I appreciate it. Communication is always professional, with due respect going both ways, as it should be. There is also a comfortable work environment, which is not overly formal. We can joke around and keep things light, which helps during high stress deadlines.

Tools:
    We utilize AutoCAD features to help us work efficiently. I can speak for my group, and say that as a team we are looking and open for ways to work faster and more efficiently. My supervisor and the I.S. department are open to suggestions and requests for items that could be beneficial. This is also a nice change coming from a company that was not open to progress.

Perks:
    The company and its owner's truly show that they value their employees. The end of the year holiday party has been impressive and memorable. From a private show at Teatro Zinzanni to a Seattle dinner cruise, including flying employees and their spouse to the festivities, BCE has been very generous. There are also more regular lunch events for the whole office, BBQ, taco trucks, delicious Thai food, and occasional coffee cart with pastries.

Cons

Very busy, but is that a Con really?

Advice to Management

Open a Tacoma office.

4. "Enriching"

Pros

Pay, work environment, quality of equipment

Cons

Time budgeted to complete projects